Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 05-18-2019, 01:35 AM   #1
Breeder
Human being with feelings

Default Envelope editing script set (indirect fix for some of the SWS/BR envelope actions)

I believe we were all quite thankful for the introduction of automation items until we found out that SWS doesn't support them.

As I don't have the time to work on SWS anymore, but I do use automation items I decided to fix it indirectly through creating a separate set of scripts that summarize envelope stuff from SWS I use daily and have in my menus.

So, without further ado, let me present the newest members of REAPER's scripting ecosystem:
Code:
Envelope - Compress or expand envelope points (show at mouse cursor...).lua
Envelope - Convert envelope's curve in time selection to CC events in last clicked CC lane in last active MIDI editor (clear existing events) (draw density zoom dependant).lua
Envelope - Copy selected envelope points to all visible envelopes in selected tracks (paste at edit cursor).lua
Envelope - Fit envelope points to time selection.lua
Envelope - Insert 2 envelope points at time selection.lua
Envelope - Insert envelope points on grid in time selection using the shape of the previous point.lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Fit envelope points to time selection.lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Insert 2 envelope points at time selection.lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Insert automation item.lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Insert envelope points on grid in time selection using the shape of the previous point.lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Select dips in envelope (add to selection) (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Select dips in envelope (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Select envelope points between grid (add to selection) (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Select envelope points in time selection (add to selection).lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Select envelope points on grid (add to selection) (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Select peaks in envelope (add to selection) (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Select peaks in envelope (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Unselect envelope points in automation items of active envelope (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Unselect envelope points in time selection.lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Unselect envelope points in underlying envelope (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Unselect envelope points outside time selection.lua
Envelope - Select all envelope points in selected automation items in selected envelope.lua
Envelope - Select dips in envelope (add to selection) (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Select dips in envelope (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Select envelope points between grid (add to selection) (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Select envelope points in time selection (add to selection).lua
Envelope - Select envelope points on grid (add to selection) (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Select peaks in envelope (add to selection) (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Select peaks in envelope (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Unselect envelope points in automation items of active envelope (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Unselect envelope points in time selection.lua
Envelope - Unselect envelope points in underlying envelope (obey time selection, if any).lua
Envelope - Unselect envelope points outside time selection.lua
These work with take envelopes, tempo envelopes, automation items...you name it and we got it!

First make sure you're running at least REAPER 5.978 / SWS 2.10.0.1 and then click here to download the whole set.
Extract all the files to a folder of your liking, add all the scripts through REAPER's action list (except class.lua, mouse.lua, slider class.lua...these just need to be in a folder where the scripts are located) and enjoy!
Please note that the script "Envelope - Compress or expand envelope points (show at mouse cursor...).lua" is the only one in this set that wasn't written by me but the user spk77. I merely added the support for handling the automation items.

A lot of effort has been invested in this. If you seriously use it, please consider supporting the developer. Thank you!

I don't mind if someone puts this set in ReaPack, but please include my donation link, forum nickname and link to this thread in the description if you do so.

Last edited by Breeder; 09-03-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
Breeder

Added 3 new scripts
Code:
Envelope - Process visible envelopes for selected tracks - Select envelope points in time selection (add to selection).lua
Envelope - Select all envelope points in selected automation items in selected envelope.lua
Envelope - Select envelope points in time selection (add to selection).lua
and fixed a memory leak in many of these scripts, please redownload from the link in the first post.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
hopi

can you please tell more about the package and if all of them need to be loaded? such as... what does the mouse.lua do? or class.lua or slider.lua???

PS: small donation sent, thanks for all you do!
Old 06-11-2019, 02:03 PM   #4
Breeder

appreciated man, thanks!

class.lua, mouse.lua, slider class.lua are used only by
Code:
Envelope - Compress or expand envelope points (show at mouse cursor...).lua
if you don't use that script, you can delete those files.

I think the rest should be self explanatory

Last edited by Breeder; 06-11-2019 at 02:10 PM.