Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 12-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
Tahini
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper can't open Boss DR 880 midi inputs

I have the Boss DR 880 drum machine set up in Reaper with the input and output enabled. When I close the midi devices set up window in preferences, an error message appears: "The following midi inputs/outputs could not be opened - Boss DR 880."

I have set the Boss DR 880 USB for midi and connected the USB to the computer's USB port. It shows up as an input/output for me to select in midi devices in preferences and I have them enabled. How do I get Reaper to open them so that I can use the external drum machine?

Thanks,
- Tahihi
Tahini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
MYGFH
Human being with feelings

I have the DR-880. Still kicking. I am using the actual midi i/o's with my interface and I send audio from drum/bass on the DR-880 to one audio input on my interface and guitar audio output from the DR-880 to another input on the interface. I'm using the Saffire Pro 14 firewire interface. Wish I had a better answer for you. It's a rock solid piece of equipment. And been around forever. Maybe someone knows how to get the usb to talk.
MYGFH is offline   Reply With Quote