Old 08-01-2017, 11:01 PM   #1
inarisound
Human being with feelings

Default Vocoders/Morphing sounds for SoundDesign

Hello again, beautiful people!

I have a quick question about Reaper stock plugins/JS or plugins that you guys use for morphing sounds...

I really love and do a lot of sound design.... I used to be using Vocoder that was build in in Ableton because it got the function "use external source" for vocoding effect... I've checked out a lot of vocoders since... and non of them seem to do that.
All they do is generate sound from "pre made" oscillates or wave tables....

Dose anyone know if we can morph two (audio) sources with stock plugins/JS or can you give me an advice what plugins I can look at for morphing sounds or vocoders that can blend two sources together?

So far I found only one solution - "Morph 2" that looks perfect but it's extremely expensive for me at the moment.... I would really like to know if anyone knows any alternatives!

sincerely yours,
inarisound
inarisound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #2
Ulf3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by inarisound View Post
Hello again, beautiful people!

I have a quick question about Reaper stock plugins/JS or plugins that you guys use for morphing sounds...

I really love and do a lot of sound design.... I used to be using Vocoder that was build in in Ableton because it got the function "use external source" for vocoding effect... I've checked out a lot of vocoders since... and non of them seem to do that.
All they do is generate sound from "pre made" oscillates or wave tables....

Dose anyone know if we can morph two (audio) sources with stock plugins/JS or can you give me an advice what plugins I can look at for morphing sounds or vocoders that can blend two sources together?

So far I found only one solution - "Morph 2" that looks perfect but it's extremely expensive for me at the moment.... I would really like to know if anyone knows any alternatives!

sincerely yours,
inarisound
the best one is izotope vocalsynth in talkbox mode

a free vocoder with input is mda talkbox (but its only mono, left ist voice input and right the carrier input)

both sound fantastic
Ulf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:02 AM   #3
RobU

Melda MMorph is a decent alternative to Morph2 - not quite as smooth or easy to use IMO, but can produce great results. It's also in their eternal 50% off sale at the moment. I'd try the demo first..

If you just want a vocoder then TAL vocoder allows external sources, and I think ReaVocode might too...
Old 08-02-2017, 01:20 AM   #4
inarisound

Thank you for your replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulf3000 View Post
the best one is izotope vocalsynth in talkbox mode

a free vocoder with input is mda talkbox (but its only mono, left ist voice input and right the carrier input)

both sound fantastic

in izotope vocalsynth I didn't find any option to morph sounds or have them blend and use one source to effect another.... am I missing something?

Thank you for your other suggestion I'll defiantly check it out (mda talkbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobU View Post
Melda MMorph is a decent alternative to Morph2 - not quite as smooth or easy to use IMO, but can produce great results. It's also in their eternal 50% off sale at the moment. I'd try the demo first..

If you just want a vocoder then TAL vocoder allows external sources, and I think ReaVocode might too...
Thank you for suggestion! I tried MMorph... this was the closest one that I got for functionality that I seek.... but still the sounds that I'm getting are a bit rough...

TAL vocoder is interesting... I saw it, but never give it a shot cuz I didn't see on the screenshots that it allows external sources same for ReaVocode...

I'll dig into that! Thank you!
inarisound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:08 AM   #5
RobU

Quote:

TAL vocoder is interesting... I saw it, but never give it a shot cuz I didn't see on the screenshots that it allows external sources same for ReaVocode...

I'll dig into that! Thank you!
ReaVocode Kenny video - https://youtu.be/fZZiU_rpoGQ
Old 08-02-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
Ulf3000

Quote:

in izotope vocalsynth I didn't find any option to morph sounds or have them blend and use one source to effect another.... am I missing something?

in reaper connect channel 3/4 to the plugin , then you can enable the little button at the top of the addon for external input (right beside the midi input icon )
Ulf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote