Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 10-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #1
Danlmc
Human being with feelings

Default Record / Playback hardware issue

I have a Tascam us-1800, with the latest drivers, feeding a Windows 7 Pro i3 system. I can configure Reaper (Preferences tab) to record (from all inputs) with no known issues... I can play back through the us-1800, but I cannot play back through my system speakers... Conversely, I can reconfigure Reaper to play back through my system speakers, but then I cannot record... anyone else have this situation?... looking for a software fix...

Thanks for any help...

DMc
Danlmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
solger

Are these internal system speakers? Or where are the speakers connected to, exactly?

I'm guessing that you're probably trying to use two different audio interfaces at the same time (Tascam + onboard computer sound card).
In this case, since you are using Windows:

- You can either try using WASAPI (shared mode) as Audio System in Reaper and select the available inputs/outputs
- Or try using ASIO4ALL to make an Aggregate Device of both and use this as Audio Device in Reaper: https://www.image-line.com/support/F...s_asio4all.htm

If you have external speakers, I'd recommend to connect them directly to the Tascam, if possible (so you're only using one audio interface) ...

Last edited by solger; 10-14-2017 at 11:34 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:07 PM   #3
Danlmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Are these internal system speakers? Or where are the speakers connected to, exactly?

I'm guessing that you're probably trying to use two different audio interfaces at the same time (Tascam + onboard computer sound card).
In this case, since you are using Windows:

- You can either try using WASAPI (shared mode) as Audio System in Reaper and select the available inputs/outputs
- Or try using ASIO4ALL to make an Aggregate Device of both and use this as Audio Device in Reaper: https://www.image-line.com/support/F...s_asio4all.htm

If you have external speakers, I'd recommend to connect them directly to the Tascam, if possible (so you're only using one audio interface) ...
Yes, they are system speakers connected to an Audigy sound card... Having thought about this, and played around with several ideas, I have decided a set of studio monitors would probably be the best path out... the Tascam has plenty of outputs for this purpose and I think, upon reflection, that reinventing the wheel, so to speak, would be an investment with little return... besides, a fella can always use an equipment upgrade on occasion... Thanks, Solger, for your timely reply... I'll let you know how it works out.

thanks again,

DMc
Danlmc is offline   Reply With Quote