Old 02-27-2014, 10:18 PM   #1681
Argitoth
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno.thestraws View Post
I'm not programmer, reascript and api is just like chinese to me. I think it's not a good idea to compicate the CAE with programming stuff. The point of CA is to let "non coder" guy like me, creates some advanced macros. If you have some programming skills, you already have reascript and eel.
umm... but if you have REAPER you have a community. Ask and you shall receive. If you can't be bothered to learn how to even USE a one-line-of-code script, then why should SWS go out of their way to make something that is even MORE complicated that scripts aka cycle action editor?... Edit: Assuming you did want to move cursor 80 milliseconds with one move. If you don't care, disregard this.

Edit: Cycle action editor is more complicated that scripts IMO.

Edit: And this will be my last post on the subject as it's getting OT, sorry.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:17 PM   #1682
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
I have also added "sets" of exclusive toggles for the next version, from the changelog:
[code]
@PooFox: so, you can use the set of toggles "A" in toolbar1 , "B" in toolbar2, etc.. for ex.
wow thanks dude, you rock!

a bit off topic, but is there any api yet supporting per-state buttons? as in a different button per CA step? that would be the bees knees to have that ability w cycle actions.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #1683
witti

Quote:
These toggle actions were hidden because I thought they were "too specific", but now that they had got some love...
Thanks for the info !

Finally i got my snapshot toolbar working...

(arrows=save snapshot;numbers=recall snapshot)
witti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:51 AM   #1684
hopi

If you show me yours I'll show you mine...
[IMG]http://imagizer.**************/v2/xq90/856/urqr.png[/IMG]

did not want to make a gif, but when the little cameras are clk'd to take a snapshot, they flash a flash bulb... LOL
Old 02-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #1685
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by witti View Post
Thanks for the info !

Finally i got my snapshot toolbar working...

(arrows=save snapshot;numbers=recall snapshot)
I want that for mine!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #1686
witti

First open the S&M ini file and make these changes:

S&M_DUMMY_TGL=12
S&M_EXCL_TGL=12

(set them at least to 10)

then import the attached cycle actions to the cycle actions window.
Then make your toolbar with these actions.

There are only 10 snapshots, because i use snapshot 11 and 12 for other macros.

Have a look at the 'save snapshot' actions. Maybe you want to change something there.

In the snapshot dialog window i have all checkboxes disabled. So i save all the tracks.
If i would only save selected tracks i would add to the 'recall' actions maybe 'select current snapshot tracks'
and to the toolbar i would add the actions 'add selected tracks to current snapshot' and 'delete selected tracks from current snapshot'.

So i still have to experiment what suits best to my workflow...

Last edited by witti; 08-07-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #1687
Tod

Quote:
S&M_DUMMY_TGL=12
S&M_EXCL_TGL=12
Wow thanks witti, I've been looking all over for these.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #1688
XITE-1/4LIVE

Thanks Witti, you are fixing us up nicely.
Also thanks Hopi, and here's ashot of his Icon in load mode.
Well that's what I use it for. I can save all day long using the view snapshot/screen/trackview thingy.
So load only works for me.

Last edited by XITE-1/4LIVE; 02-03-2016 at 12:05 AM.
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #1689
rstockm

Hi,

I am looking for a dokumentation (read: user manual) for the SWS resource section. Any suggestions?

best,
Ralf
rstockm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:33 AM   #1690
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstockm View Post
Hi,

I am looking for a dokumentation (read: user manual) for the SWS resource section. Any suggestions?

best,
Ralf
See here... http://www.standingwaterstudios.com/manual.php.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #1691
rstockm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzkat View Post
Thanks, but this (excellent) manual covers SWS version 1.7. We're now on 2.4 and a lot of things changed (all for the better that is) or have been added - just like the resource section or cycle actions.

Nevertheless: it's a bit puzzling that such an innovative and smart project like SWS faces such issues in terms of documentation.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #1692
Breeder

Quote:
Thanks, but this (excellent) manual covers SWS version 1.7. We're now on 2.4 and a lot of things changed (all for the better that is) or have been added - just like the resource section or cycle actions.

Nevertheless: it's a bit puzzling that such an innovative and smart project like SWS faces such issues in terms of documentation.
Some stuff is available on the wiki too: http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/SWS_extension

edit:
We can also access help files for certain actions through SWS/S&M Notes
http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.ph...ow_to_help_out

Since wiki is user editable, and due to the nature of SWS project I believe they are a perfect match
The only real problem is the lack of interest to document stuff. Which is understandable since there is a lot of it...in any case, it would be super terrific to get wiki going again.

Last edited by Breeder; 03-07-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #1693
witti

Just a question:

What is the 'DiffTool' in the s&m ini file ?

DiffTool=""

It seems that there is some space to put something in. But what ?

Edit: I'm quite sure i already read it somewhere what this 'difftool' is, but can't find any info about this anymore...

Last edited by witti; 03-11-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #1694
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

I have a feature request, mentioned it to Breeder already but thought Id bring it up here in case other SWS devs think it can be done reasonably easy.

I noticed in the SnM project startup action code that you are able to store custom data in the .RPP file, at the end, in an <EXTENSION> node.

Would it be possible to add a pair of functions to the ReaScript API to set and retrieve custom data with arbitrary node names?

something like SWS_GetCustomData(String key) and SWS_SetCustomData(String key, String data), which would do something like this to the .RPP:
Code:
<EXTENSIONS
  S&M_PROJACTION 40000
  SWS_CUSTOM_VAR_1 VALUE_1
  SWS_CUSTOM_VAR_2
  <
    ITEM STATE CHUNK
  >
>
Im not sure of the exact syntax, but ideally Id like to be able to store sets of items state chunk data in a .RPP file, without having to have the items exist on a hidden track somewhere.
matthewjumpsoffbuildings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #1695
foxAsteria

Default New Auto Refresh Bug?

In the latest pre-release (v2.4.0 #4) it says something about a "toolbar refresh fix," but for me, they are now not refreshing until i close and open them again, making these new sets of exclusive toggles much less useful (they don't update when used, thus appearing not to work).

btw thanks for taking my suggestion on the excl toggle "sets," even if nobody acknowledged it. sorry i've been so annoying, btw; i just have a brain that ceaselessly tries to "improve" everything it encounters....

win7 x64, latest reaper x64

Last edited by foxAsteria; 03-16-2014 at 01:56 PM.
foxAsteria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #1696
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:

Yes, we know... That might improve in the future...
In the meantime and in "best effort mode", I just pushed an update of the website with all the docs we had on the "old" one at least (we were in the middle of a website move) + also fixed things there (+ added lastest ReaConsole commands, etc) + added many links + updated some wiki pages, etc. Well, things like that.
In addition to Breeder"s reply, you will also find detailed info in the "What's new?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
in any case, it would be super terrific to get wiki going again.
+1! There's also the Action List Reference that could be and excellent resource, but there's no contributor alas (well, gofer did a fantastic job for the MIDI editor there!).
That being said, such resources (tied to SW) often get quickly outdated/incomplete too...

Quote:
Just a question:

What is the 'DiffTool' in the s&m ini file ?

DiffTool=""

It seems that there is some space to put something in. But what ?

Edit: I'm quite sure i already read it somewhere what this 'difftool' is, but can't find any info about this anymore...
it's really a private/debug thing that has never being documented, it allows to diff 2 files in the Resources window (e.g. 2 clicks on auto-save & diff 2 track states chunks).

____

@matthewjumpsoffbuildings:
impressive username hahaha not exactly as you described it, but possible, yes. I already thought to it in the past actually, but it's a bit touchy, anf if you make errors there we would be pointed as the culprit...

@PooFox: clarified in the sws tracker (thanks for that!).
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #1697
rstockm

Quote:
Yes, we know... That might improve in the future...
In the meantime and in "best effort mode", I just pushed an update of the website with all the docs we had on the "old" one at least (we were in the middle of a website move) + also fixed things there (+ added lastest ReaConsole commands, etc) + added many links + updated some wiki pages, etc. Well, things like that.
In addition to Breeder"s reply, you will also find detailed info in the "What's new?".
Hi Jeff, thank you very much for the clarification, and as I stated before: you and your team are doing a GREAT job with SWS.

That being said, I and some coders are building a set of extensions for one sole purpose: tuning Reaper for podcasters. In order to do so, a more or less unknown feature of Reaper got us excited: "empty items" with attached (text)notes. this would be the perfect place to handle shownotes, transcriptions (separated for speakers!) chapter marks etc.

The missing part: API functions to handle empty items (create, edit) and notes attached to them via Python. It is (undocumented) possible via C++ though. We already re-engineered this functions from your SWS code and are building a wrapper-class. But this feels - well - just a little awkward keeping in mind a simple API extension would do the job perfectly fine.

Do you see any chance to implement such features - maybe into a beta of SWS, if not the Reaper core-ReaScript API itself?

To give you an impression of how serious this is for us, just take a look at this release-poster (German):

http://wp1187670.server-he.de/ownclo...dfda387aff7951

this is what our "Ultraschall-Reaper" looks right now :-)

Best,
Ralf
Old 03-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #1698
Jeffsounds

Quote:
To give you an impression of how serious this is for us, just take a look at this release-poster (German):

http://wp1187670.server-he.de/ownclo...dfda387aff7951

this is what our "Ultraschall-Reaper" looks right now :-)

Best,
Ralf
Wow... it is very clear that you guys have put some hours into this!!! Looks great!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #1699
rstockm

Exclusive Toggle is a *huge* step forward in terms of sophisticated Reaper-UI - thank you so much for sharing this.

But I'm stuck with a scenario which seems fairly easy: For our workflow-driven podcast mod, I'd like to let the users switch between three distinct views. Setup, Recording, Editing - each one with its own set of tools. This can be achieved via window sets and a custom Toolbar:

[Setup] (load window set 1)
[Recording] (load window set 2)
[Edit] (load window set 3)

Now, I'd like to use Exclusive Toggle to give these buttons a "state" and indicate to the users which view is active - just one button is lit (the active one)

The problem is: I cant figure a way to show the toggle state AND trigger an action (load window set) at the same time? I already set up a Cycle Action, tried some macros, a combination of both but no cigar.

Do I miss something?
Old 03-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #1700
rstockm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooFox View Post
In the latest pre-release (v2.4.0 #4) it says something about a "toolbar refresh fix," but for me, they are now not refreshing until i close and open them again, making these new sets of exclusive toggles much less useful (they don't update when used, thus appearing not to work).
I second that observation for beta #4. They actually *do* refresh themselves if just put into a toolbar, but if nested into cycle actions they do change their state (on/off) but the GUI doesn't refresh. Or, to be more precise: they always stay "active" regardless their state:

Quote:
btw thanks for taking my suggestion on the excl toggle "sets," even if nobody acknowledged it. sorry i've been so annoying, btw; i just have a brain that ceaselessly tries to "improve" everything it encounters....
win7 x64, latest reaper x64
Bro, I hear you ^^ - these sets are a live-safer for my project.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #1701
foxAsteria

Quote:
The problem is: I cant figure a way to show the toggle state AND trigger an action (load window set) at the same time?
i think they ought to work like this (assuming you've enabled exclusive toggles in the ini):

Cycle action 1 (solid dot toggle, only checks the first action):
exclusive toggle a1
load window set 1

Cycle action 2: (solid dot toggle)
exclusive toggle a2
load window set 2

Cycle action 3: (solid dot toggle)
exclusive toggle a3
load window set 3

each should be a separate cycle actions with 2 actions each, no steps; just the exclusive toggle action and the screenset action. if/when sws fixes the gui refresh problem in the next release, the buttons will reflect the exclusive toggle states...
Old 03-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #1702
rstockm

Quote:
i think they ought to work like this (assuming you've enabled exclusive toggles in the ini):

Cycle action 1 (solid dot toggle, only checks the first action):
exclusive toggle a1
load window set 1

Cycle action 2: (solid dot toggle)
exclusive toggle a2
load window set 2

Cycle action 3: (solid dot toggle)
exclusive toggle a3
load window set 3

each should be a separate cycle actions with 2 actions each, no steps; just the exclusive toggle action and the screenset action. if/when sws fixes the gui refresh problem in the next release, the buttons will reflect the exclusive toggle states...
Yes, this is what I came up with, too. And actually, in THIS case even the GUI responds - due to the change of window sets :-)
Old 03-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #1703
foxAsteria

@rstockm - what toolbar buttons are those in the gif?

thanks maybe i can use screensets as a temp workaround.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #1704
G-Sun

Quote:

+1! There's also the Action List Reference that could be and excellent resource, but there's no contributor alas (well, gofer did a fantastic job for the MIDI editor there!).
That being said, such resources (tied to SW) often get quickly outdated/incomplete too...
+1 for wiki here as well.

Although I feel a little bad about initiating the Action List Reference. I soon became clear to me that:
1) Putting the reference together was an enormous project
2) There was no way of easily update the reference
(and there's a lot of new actions a year)
3) The usability and easy access for the end user was questionable.

I've also worked for a good user manual in wiki-format,
and I've sort of given up on that one to. Because
a) Geoffrey Francis is doing an excellent job with the pdf/book manual.
b) A wiki need determination from a large user-base

However, my conclusion for the wiki is that everything that's outside the scope of the user-manual, as the SWS-documentation, fit's perfectly there.
But, there should preferably be a consensus in the sws-team, to use the wiki as a place for documentation.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #1705
rstockm

Quote:
@rstockm - what toolbar buttons are those in the gif?
They are part of my "no clutter" Reaper theme for podcasting:

Just the original Reaper icons with some added Photoshop-foo and stripped-of background. Feel free to reuse:

http://wp1187670.wp212.webpack.hoste...r_composit.psd
Old 03-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #1706
foxAsteria

Quote:
They are part of my "no clutter" Reaper theme for podcasting
cool, well i'm not sure what to do with that photoshop file and i can't find the theme anywhere...mind uploading a zip of your data/toolbar_icons folder?
Old 03-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #1707
rstockm

Quote:
cool, well i'm not sure what to do with that photoshop file and i can't find the theme anywhere...mind uploading a zip of your data/toolbar_icons folder?
The theme isn't released here - yet. Only in German: http://ultraschall.wikigeeks.de/download/

Here are just the new icons (unfortunately not the complete set but just the ones I needed):

http://wp1187670.server-he.de/ownclo...4cc80961e66a27
Old 03-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #1708
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
I second that observation for beta #4. They actually *do* refresh themselves if just put into a toolbar, but if nested into cycle actions they do change their state (on/off) but the GUI doesn't refresh.
argg.. just released v2.4.0 #5, I see this report only now... you should use our issue tracker guys!
anyway, yes, confirmed & fixed for the next build (so it'll be v2.4.0 #6, or v2.5 may be)

Last edited by Jeffos; 03-30-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Englitch
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #1709
Viente

Project startup actions!!! Finally!

Thanks guys!
Viente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #1710
rstockm

Quote:
argg.. just released v2.4.0 #5, I see this report only now... you should use our issue tracker guys!
anyway, yes, confirmed & fixed for the next build (so it'll be v2.4.0 #6, or v2.5 may be)
Hmmm - actually: I did. But just today ^^
https://code.google.com/p/sws-extens...ummary%20Stars
Old 03-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #1711
foxAsteria

yea, thanks for the icons, rstockm, they fit right into my theme.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #1712
rstockm

Quote:
Given the fact that this bug renders the otherwise fantastic "toggle icons" feature quite useless, I'd suggest a fix for 2.4.0 #6
Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #1713
foxAsteria

Quote:
Given the fact that this bug renders the otherwise fantastic "toggle icons" feature quite useless, I'd suggest a fix for 2.4.0 #6
i think he meant an official release might come out first, or it's fixed in whichever does. either way, hopefully soon.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #1714
semiquaver

having problems with macros including the action(s) "open Console with command S" - the macros don't wait for user input in the console as they used to - this has changed recently

I have a macro that allows me to select a track by name with the console and then do various things to it and this is otherwise requiring 3 keystrokes

help!
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #1715
Aleksandr_Oleynik

Default Cycle action trouble

Hi!

I have 27 Cycle Actions and 27 Snapshots.
In each Cycle Action I use action "Recall snapshot #n" (#n = number according to a snapshot's number).
After project restart all Cycle Actions in which Recall snapshot are used from #1 to #12 are activated automatically, all from #13 are needed to be activated manually.
Tell me, please, is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cycle Action002.jpg (43.5 KB, 518 views)

Last edited by Aleksandr_Oleynik; 04-06-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Aleksandr_Oleynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #1716
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr_Oleynik View Post
Hi!
that screenshot is unreadable.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #1717
Aleksandr_Oleynik

Sorry -

Last edited by Aleksandr_Oleynik; 04-06-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Aleksandr_Oleynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:07 AM   #1718
FnA

Undo zoom and edit cursor are awesome. Is similar action for Time, Loop, and Item selection out of the question? Also Save/Restore Arrange Slot 1-5 might be nice.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:18 AM   #1719
rstockm

Thank you very much for the fixes in #6, "exclusive toggle" buttons are a charm now! This is a killer feature.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:13 AM   #1720
heda

I'd love to see some videos featuring this exclusive toggle buttons
Not very mentioned but I really like the "SWS/BR: Toggle preview media item under mouse at track fader volume (start from cursor position)"
I was missing this in Reaper. In general, Reaper without the extensions wouldn't be the same.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote