Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
kaiborg
Human being with feelings

Default Waves Tune: "Rewire link cannot be establshed"

I keep getting this message when I try to use Waves Tune. Apparently, it's not seeing ReWire, and not scanning. The weird thing is, it was working fine a few weeks ago. No changes since then, except for having installed a new plug (just one!).

Also, when applying changes to the "ReWire preferences", I get a message saying ReWire is not installed on my system. How was it working previously?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on a mac, and not even sure which v. of REAPER I'm on (downloaded it about a year ago).

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
kaiborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
pipelineaudio
Mortal

any updates on this problem?
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
fudduf

i have the same issue. i put "waves rewire" on another mixer channel but i still get this error in waves tune.

anyone have waves tune working with reaper?
fudduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
antiClick

exactly same problem here
antiClick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #5
Nip

I actually got it working - even if the message about rewire still is there.

W7 x64, Reaper 4.21 x64 and Waves Tune v9 as Vst(not bridged).

It scans fine and I tweak and move notes and correct and render fx to take.
Everything is cool.

But there are some abnormal behavior that I think is bugs in Tune - or possibly related to rewire not there.

When rightclicking a zoomed view, and what you do after that only updates that area that held the popup menu. I can start transport again and everything is normal.

So what is this rewire about?
Can it be fixed.

I'll contact Waves support on the issue and hear what they say.
Nip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #6
dtsstudio

Did you get any answer from waves?
dtsstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:29 AM   #7
Nip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsstudio View Post
Did you get any answer from waves?
Yes - "Reaper not supported!"

Tune works just fine though. Just this gui thingy you have to live with.

I reported a bug in Ultrapitch to Waves in march, and they said it's a known issue. And still there are no updates on anything in Gold series where this was part, so Waves are not fast in fixing problems that's for sure.

So this thing in Tune is probably withing a couple of years or something.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
stingray

This is a solution I posted in some other topic on these forums:

I just bought Waves Tune 9 ($99 Black Friday sale). I primarily use it with Logic Pro X, where it works flawlessly. But I also tried it in Reaper and noticed the Rewire error message.

Then I remembered reading about the workaround that's needed for ProTools. I applied that to Reaper. It doesn't get rid of the Rewire error message, but transport / selection seems to work just fine.

What you need to do is add an additional track to your project and add the Waves Rewire plugin, that is installed along with Tune, to that track. This plugin doesn't have an output and you can't / shouldn't use this track for anything else. The manual says this ensures the Waves Rewire stuff is loaded.

As I've said before, this trick enables me to set the playback position from within Waves.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #9
Lophophora

Does anyone have any updated info on this problem? It used to work fine for me at the beginning, but in some projects the rewire plugin does not work (it sets itself to red automatically). For some strange reason I noticed it works again when I insert a virtual instrument on a new track and arm the recording on this track.
Lophophora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:11 PM   #10
Levitanus

with rewire plugin in the additional track all works fine, except cursor positioning from plugin. It react, but comes about 1/2 sec farther, than i click. Can it be fixed? I've tried some options with predelay, rewire settings and fx bypassing when stopped, but still have a problem...
Levitanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #11
Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
This is a solution I posted in some other topic on these forums:

I just bought Waves Tune 9 ($99 Black Friday sale). I primarily use it with Logic Pro X, where it works flawlessly. But I also tried it in Reaper and noticed the Rewire error message.

Then I remembered reading about the workaround that's needed for ProTools. I applied that to Reaper. It doesn't get rid of the Rewire error message, but transport / selection seems to work just fine.

What you need to do is add an additional track to your project and add the Waves Rewire plugin, that is installed along with Tune, to that track. This plugin doesn't have an output and you can't / shouldn't use this track for anything else. The manual says this ensures the Waves Rewire stuff is loaded.

As I've said before, this trick enables me to set the playback position from within Waves.
I can confirm that the above works, and activates the necessary Rewire functions (thanks Stingray). However, I am finding that Waves Tune inserts a few miliseconds delay when activated in Repear. This never happened when I was using Tune in Ableton Live. Not sure why this should be so
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:13 AM   #12
azap

Default rewire keeps disappearing for waves tune

I have waves tune and since the v10 install waves rewire keeps not loading. Any help. sometimes it works then it just stops
azap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #13
sammybatu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lophophora View Post
Does anyone have any updated info on this problem? It used to work fine for me at the beginning, but in some projects the rewire plugin does not work (it sets itself to red automatically). For some strange reason I noticed it works again when I insert a virtual instrument on a new track and arm the recording on this track.
Problem solved, I made a short video howto:
https://youtu.be/fmzUTVON_CI