Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
Corpus
Human being with feelings

Default Track Bleed

Hello everyone. I have Virtual Drums on Tracks 1 through to 16. Track 1 is default labeled EZdrummer. Track 2 to 16 are showed up default labeled as EZ1, EZ2, EZ3, EZ4... etc. The drums work great no problems there.

The problem I can't seem to figure out is when I enable a new track for say guitar and just play the drum tracks there is signal showing up on the enabled track even when there is no guitar being played or even turned on.

Would really appreciate some insight on this issue.

Thank you.

When recording the drums I connect a Roland TD12 kit to my computer via an M-Audio MIDISPORT UNO which then triggers EZdrummer 2 in Reaper. I use the ASIO and ASIO4ALL v2 drivers.

To record guitar I am connected to my computer via a POD HD500X using the ASIO POD HD500X drivers.

Not sure if this is reaper side or if my POD is some how channeling the drum tracks like a loop back on to the new track being that I have to monitor through the POD with head phones on.

I have all mics, web cams etc unplugged so there is no possibility of bleed in that way.

Thank you for any help.
Corpus
Corpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:06 AM   #2
Stella645

Is it definitely the drums you can see on the meters....There could just be noise from the HD500, particularly if you have a high gain amp setting.

Otherwise are you sure you selected the correct input on the Reaper track....and that you're not sending to it from the drum tracks. Maybe some screencaps of your i/o settings would help.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
Corpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
Is it definitely the drums you can see on the meters....There could just be noise from the HD500, particularly if you have a high gain amp setting.

Otherwise are you sure you selected the correct input on the Reaper track....and that you're not sending to it from the drum tracks. Maybe some screencaps of your i/o settings would help.
Hello, so the drum meters I know are fine. and its not noise from the HD500 because it is totally turned off. disconnected if you were.

I took a screen shot of Reaper. I have ALL the drum tracks muted and if there were which there isn't other tracks they would be muted as well. For this screen shot the only track that can be played back is the "Scrap Guitar" track. I left this alone so to show you that when I play this track it bleeds into the "guitar" track below it. I think I have to change a setting somewhere. Which I am not sure. I have tried many different things. Obviously not the correct one.

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper Screen shot1.jpg (55.1 KB, 143 views)
Corpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:00 AM   #4
Stella645

This screencap doesn't show anything particularly useful I'm afraid.....if you could open the i/o dialogue for the guitar track it may show if there is a routing issue.

Alternatively you could upload the RPP (no audio required)
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #5
jerome_oneil

If you are using a laptop or some other computer with an internal mic, make sure it's not active. I can't count the number of times I fought with bleed only to discover it was the internal microphone picking up my monitors.
jerome_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote