Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
-R-
Human being with feelings

Default Nocturn Keyboard : Do you know that bug?

Hi everyone,

I decided to get a midi keyboard and went for the nocturn 49, hoping I would go faster. As you will see, I'm not going faster at all..

First for the set up:
-Computer Packard Bell I media something with win Xp pro sp3. Reaper 3.4 and Automp 3.4.1. Hui enabled in Automap preferences. Hui chosen in Reaper preferences, for the midi in and out as well.

Then to the bug:
- I create multiple tracks and begin to assign their volume in mixer view. When i assgin a track above the seventh, automap doesn't "see" it and assign the button to the previous one i assigned ( as long as it is below track seventh). It then links the buttons together, and if I turn one, all the linked buttons turns together, both in the mixer and the automap view.

What I tried:
- Contact support, asking for v.3.3 as Padre suggested, but they won't give it. The guy gave me the 3.4.1 beta. I feel it became worse. I tried different settings, and eventually formated my system disk. No luck. Novation said it was an unknown bug. Theydidn't answered my last two messages.
Guess what?? I'm pretty pissed of, now..

Have you ever encountered such things? any idea wwarmly welcomed. Thanks for reading

Eric
-R- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
-R-

Edit:switched to automap 3.3b2

So after almost tree weeks of mails with Novation tech support, the guy eventually to me that I had to use bank switch of page 3( mixer view) to access tracks above number 7. So following his logic I should:
Assign tracks 1 to 7 in page 1 , quit learn mode, go to page 3 , change bank ( no way to know in wich bank you are, apparently), go back to page 1, re-enter learn mode and assign the number 8 encoder to vol. track 8. It doesn't work! After the bank change, all settings of page 1 change.
Please, what am I missing? I am just trying to do this:
in mixer view, have
page one assign so pots 1 to 8 controls vol. track 1 to 8.
page two assign so pots 1 to 8 controls pan. track 1 to 8
page tree assign so pots 1 to 8 controls vol track 9 to 16
page four assign so pots 1 to 8 controls pan. track 9 to 16
etc....
I don't how wether this issue is related to bugs or my-understanding so If you can help, thanks a lot, I have been here for tree weeks, now...

Last edited by -R-; 04-08-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: update info
Old 04-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
-R-

I ended up with this:

I can do the above, but this way:

*First, for each mixer pages, I have to assign 2 of the buttons to bank left/bank right ( because it doesn't work with drumpads,.. well, only the first one)
*I use page one for my volume and use the bank switch to go to different set of tracks.
*I use page two for my pan and do the same

Do you think it is the way ? Seems to work, but I lost 2 buttons for each, page, buttons that should be assign to solo or mutes?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
-R-

Do you also have to press twice for the bank switch to operate?