Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 03-09-2018, 03:49 AM   #1
Gass n Klang
Human being with feelings

Default Option to disable Playback Resampling

I'd like to see an option in the project settings to disable Playback Resampling (e.g. in the Playback Resample Mode: Don't play) to prevent playing with the wrong sample rate.

Alternativly: Reaper could force the audiointerface to the sample rate of the recorded material. Similar to "project samplerate" with the difference that you don't need to do a specific setting. This makes things a bit easier if you get some tracks recorded by someone else. At the moment you have to go to "item properties" to see which sample rate the material has before setting the "project sample rate" to the right value.

Last edited by Gass n Klang; 03-09-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:26 AM   #2
EvilDragon

You don't have to go to item properties to see the sample rate. You can have an item button for this.

Preferences->Appearance->Media->Media item buttons->[x] Item Properties only if resampled media.

The button will turn on if media sample rate is different from project sample rate.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
Gass n Klang

thanks this helps! would be still fine to have a more obvious hint.
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
azslow3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
I'd like to see an option in the project settings to disable Playback Resampling (e.g. in the Playback Resample Mode: Don't play) to prevent playing with the wrong sample rate.
You hit "play" and... nothing happened? silence?
In the Project Bay/Source Media it is possible to sort by Sample rate. Just in case someone need to check which material has "wrong" sample rate.

After Sonar I am happy that sample rate is not fixed and produce no warnings. With a possibility to change the project sample rate in no time (in Sonar the whole project has to be re-created for that).

Quote:
Alternativly: Reaper could force the audiointerface to the sample rate of the recorded material. Similar to "project samplerate" with the difference that you don't need to do a specific setting.
You put 2 clips, one with 44100 and another with 48000. What you propose Reaper should do with the audio interface?
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #5
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
thanks this helps! would be still fine to have a more obvious hint.
If you'd like I can edit the item_props_on.png (the "i" in a square icon, for resampled media) to be more noticeable, for instance brighter in color with more saturation. Let me know what theme you're using and what color you'd like the icon to be. Or if you'd prefer something other than the "i" in a square.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote