Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 08-15-2017, 03:29 AM   #1
Greech
Human being with feelings

Default Every time I boot up Reaper the drum track is silent

Hey everyone, hoping I'm making a rookie mistake... here goes.

Every time I boot up Reaper, it brings me to my last saved project. If I play it, the drums are silent. I'm using MT Power Drumkit 2 (free version). If I shut the project down and reopen it, it's still silent. If I open a different project, the drums are silent.

The workaround is to create a new track from an instrument and pick the same VST. I then drag the drums from the original track into the new one and it plays fine.

After a lot of googling I learned to check if the track was triggering the auto mute function, but I don't believe that it is.

Any ideas? This problem was happening since I started using Reaper last week. Since then I switched to the Focusrite 6i6 and away from Asio4All to Focusrite Asio and all my other problems went away except for this one.

Whenever I use other VSTs I don't have this problem, so I assume it's not an output routing issue considering those other tracks seem to be set up properly upon creation and I have to assume (although I did not check) that if the drums VST has its own output setting that it's set up correct because I do get it to work properly if I drag it to a new track as described above

Any help would be great. I'm one week into using Reaper and although overwhelming at first I feel like I'm starting to get a feel for it... hoping there is an obvious answer to this so I can get comfortable enough to buy the full version
Greech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:47 AM   #2
Greech

before anyone answers I think someone just gave me the answer on redit:

"MT Power Drumkit 2 needs you to "Skip" the disclamer page at every project load.
Open the FX rack of your Drums track and click on MT Power Drumkit 2. You should be able to "Skip" at the screen and the drums will not be silent anymore."
Greech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:27 AM   #3
kstn

Addition: if you don't want to change drums some time (working with bass, guitars, etc) you can freeze drum track - it will make temporary file with drums and bypass plugin, so you will not need toggle 'skip' every time when you open project.
kstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:03 AM   #4
Edgemeal

Or just donate $6.00 (or more) to get rid of that nag screen...

No more "SKIP" button or "Start Screen"!
Instead the plugin will open immediately, with instant sound.
Just enter the registration key we will send you after you make a donation.

http://www.powerdrumkit.com/donate.php
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote