Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Default Selection sets boundaries?

OK, I give up. I must ask : ) This is so simple but I'm suffering from "coming from xyz" syndrome : ) so I'm spinning around a bit right now.

I want to be able to select a region and immediately bounce it to disk with no further setting of its points. So I need to be able to make that selection and have that selection immediately become the bounce in and out points, or more specifically, have the main timeline boundary in and out always be whatever is highlighted in the track window. Been all over the docs and just can't find it : (

Thanks!
vdubreeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #2
ramses

Double click region -> render time selection?
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
vdubreeze

Thanks, ramses. Double clicking brings up the media properties window, and I'm not finding a "render time selection". Is it within another mini-menu?

A better explanation of what happens: Whenever I bring up the render window I'm not able to only render the highlighted area. For example, if I have selected a minute segment 20 minutes in, the position and length are reflected in the media properties. But in the render window none of the four Render bounds options give me the same bounds. Not finding a "render time selection", or any option in the render window that reflects just the selected area.

Thanks for any guidance here : )

Last edited by vdubreeze; 02-25-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
vdubreeze

Shift - double click!!

Thanks to Jim Blair on the ProRecording Workshop forum for having the tip show up in a search.

And now that I can reverse search the Reaper manual (using the answer to search for the question) I have found it on page 45.