Old 01-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
boergegrunicke
Human being with feelings

Default Windows 10 Meltdown Update

Hi,
since the 2018-01 Update that should have fixed the Meltdown lag, Reaper is crashing always a few seconds after i started playback. I think it could not be a problem of my soundinterface or its driver (ZOOM UAC-8) because it works in Sonar. So first I tried to uninstall the update, but the problem still appeared so i did a complete fresh install on my pc -> still the same problem. Yesterday I had the idea to try another output mode (not ASIO) but WASAPI was the one with the longest time before crash. In all methods it still crashes after a few seconds. On my Laptop using the integrated Audio everything works fine.
Am i the only with this kind of problems? Or did someone find a solution?
boergegrunicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #2
blumpy
Human being with feelings

Default Voodoo

I'd hate to be someone spreading fake voodoo solutions, so forgive me if I've lost a thread holding me in reality on this one.

I was having an issue after updates where Reaper would hang and crash immediately after opening. restarting and shutting down did not help. I then turned off my computer and turned off the power supply, essentially unplugging it, and left it for 30 seconds. A cold boot seemed to have fixed the issue. I would not attribute this to reaper was other software was being equally frustrating.
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote