Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 09-16-2021, 05:52 AM   #1
smallclone
Human being with feelings

Default Plugin storage locations (Windows)

Hi,

I have a few Spitfire plugins that appear to be 'duplicated' on my hard drive. They are instruments that have the same folders and appear in:

C://users/me/spitfire/

and also

C://users/public/public documents

Do they need to be duplicated like this? Notably not all of the ones that appear in the first location appear in the second.

Thanks
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:46 AM   #2
Captain Chu

I'm assuming you mean the contents, and not the dll files.

It depends on your spitfire settings... Globally you should check the spitfire audio app and check settings->default content path

But the contents can be installed on a different folder, so in the end it's case by case basis, you can check where each instrument is installed by going to the product, and then click on the cog next to "repair", and then locate.

But to answer your question, No, it's not necessary for the content to be duplicated (in fact it pretty much is useless...) But just be careful so you don't delete the ones that's currently being used.
Captain Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:19 AM   #3
smallclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chu View Post
I'm assuming you mean the contents, and not the dll files.

It depends on your spitfire settings... Globally you should check the spitfire audio app and check settings->default content path

But the contents can be installed on a different folder, so in the end it's case by case basis, you can check where each instrument is installed by going to the product, and then click on the cog next to "repair", and then locate.

But to answer your question, No, it's not necessary for the content to be duplicated (in fact it pretty much is useless...) But just be careful so you don't delete the ones that's currently being used.
Thanks for this. deleted the sample libraries that didn't correspond to the NI destinations and saved 41GB! No idea why they were there twice.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote