Old 10-15-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
kevindurant1
Human being with feelings

Default New computer. Moving from Windows 7 > 10

What would be the best way to do this? I want to save all my settings, key commands and projects.

I want to make sure everything is intact as much as possible.
kevindurant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
themixtape

Preferences: Export Configuration under the General section. This is all your Reaper customization. Upon installing Reaper on the new OS, import your config.

However, in my opinion.. stay on 7. Windows 10 is annoying with its constant updates, even when you say "do not update without my consent and approval"... nope. It updates when it wants, whenever it needs to. Nope. No thanks. If there's a way to keep Windows 10 from updating... and I mean REALLY keep it from updating anything, ever... please let me know. But in my opinion, Windows 10 isn't worth it.

And, you have to do a lot of customization getting rid of those "touchscreen" menu/news widgets (they drive me NUTS)... lots of work to be done. In general, not a fan of 10. I have it installed on one of my music laptops, but I never really turn the thing on.

Windows 7 64-bit, for life.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #3
serr

Little Snitch is a network monitor app. Everything needs permission to connect to the network. Including anything OS related.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:52 PM   #4
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Little Snitch is a network monitor app. Everything needs permission to connect to the network. Including anything OS related.
Little Snitch is available for Windows too? Thought it was Mac-only.