Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
storyteller
Human being with feelings

Default Announcing Orchestral Template For Reaper

Hey guys. I'm not sure if this thread is in the appropriate forum, so please feel free to move it as needed.

But I wanted to take a minute today to introduce something that has been a big part of my workflow that I am now making available publicly.

If you are on this forum, you know how incredible Reaper is. You also know the genius developer mindset it took to craft a program customizable for everyone. Many people have moved from ProTools, but the composer community has inherent challenges with transitioning to any DAW. While Reaper is listed as the #3 DAW behind Cubase and Logic among users on VI-Control, we all know it could be so much more widely accepted if the users understood how to program.

The truth is most don't. Some that do, may not have time to build the infrastructure they require. The ones that take the time, end up here. That leaves pre-packaged, out-of-the-box DAWs as the answer for most composers.

So, as I've explored all of the DAWs in the composer world (since the dawn of eMagic's Logic), I finally decided to jump headfirst into Reaper and develop out the infrastructure required for composers. Let's call it a potential industry-standard workflow for the future - a workflow that is not able to happen with other DAWs. Yet, it is the workflow that everyone strives to reach.

So with that said, I'd like to introduce Orchestral Template for Reaper (OTR). It is a package of 250 custom scripts and actions that build upon the Reaper platform. It is kinda like a spit and polished interface for composers (especially those that do not have the desire to program). But that's not all. There are additional features being introduced with OTR that consist of pre-configured Orchestral Templates, and a new feature I'm calling TrackPacks - which make loading everything needed for an orchestral session just a right-click away. In essence, everything a composer would need is just a menu tab or a click away. No more figuring out track routing. No more fighting to set up virtual orchestral halls. No more spaghetti wiring of groups, aux tracks, midi tracks, VI output tracks, etc. It is a masterclass in track organization with a perfected workflow for composers.

The pre-order period reflects a 50% introductory package bundle price that runs until the release date of February 14, 2017 and is available at otr.storyteller.im

There are 11 walkthrough videos available on the website, with many more to come. I hope you enjoy this product. Here is the teaser video below.

https://youtu.be/rxhF_3BmrDk

Last edited by storyteller; 01-24-2017 at 11:22 AM.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote