Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 05-01-2018, 02:14 AM   #481
sub26nico
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
It didn’t make it in the changelog but you can now sync reaper to Jack transport— right click the transport play button, enable sync, and for the input choose “jack”.

Caveat: it syncs to it the same way it does to LTC — chasing and resync, so maybe not the most efficient...
Thanks Justin !
sub26nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:08 AM   #482
lilith93

Quote:
You can change the font-mapping in the ini file as well, by removing the comment "//" from the ft_font_fallback= line, and adding the fonts you prefer at the start. The fonts listed are the default order, so maybe you need to install one of them?

Someday...
Hi Justin,

thanks! I tried changing the lines but it has no effect at all. It looks like this and I have the font DejaVu installed:

[.swell]
dir_browser=657 317 600 400 280 120 140
file_browser=657 317 600 400 280 120 140
ft_font_fallback= DejaVuSans
ft_font_fallback_fixedwidth = DejaVuSansMono

Mabye there's a problem with the XFCE desktop i'm using?
In the attachment is a pic how it looks at the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: png Unbenannt.png (44.6 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by lilith93; 05-01-2018 at 07:24 AM.
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #483
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith93 View Post
Hi Justin,

thanks! I tried changing the lines but it has no effect at all. It looks like this and I have the font DejaVu installed:

[.swell]
dir_browser=657 317 600 400 280 120 140
file_browser=657 317 600 400 280 120 140
ft_font_fallback= DejaVuSans
ft_font_fallback_fixedwidth = DejaVuSansMono

Mabye there's a problem with the XFCE desktop i'm using?
In the attachment is a pic how it looks at the moment.
Maybe you can post a pastebin.org link for the output of:

Code:
find /usr/share/fonts -type f
Having said that your screenshot looks about right?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #484
lilith93

Here's the output:

https://pastebin.com/MDSEbTpK

I put Times_New_Roman instead of DejaVueSans, and the font stays the same. Anyway ... you're right that it looks ok, I just wondered why the font doesn't change.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #485
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Here's the output:

https://pastebin.com/MDSEbTpK

I put Times_New_Roman instead of DejaVueSans, and the font stays the same. Anyway ... you're right that it looks ok, I just wondered why the font doesn't change.
Those fonts are also chosen by the theme -- you can override it by opening the action list and running the action "Theme development: Show theme tweak/configuration window". If the configured font matches one you have installed, it will use that. The .ini option you set is the fallback (if a match is not found).

I believe the default is Calibri, though, which I don't see installed on your system. Wonder why Times_New_Roman didn't work, hmm. I just tried it here and it did work...

Last edited by Justin; 05-03-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #486
lilith93

I already use another theme (Default Analog v1.8) and the menu font didn't change. In the theme development/tweaker most of the fonts are set to ARIAL and I can change them (volume fader, items, track name, etc.), i.e. the font indeed changes. However I don't find the entry for the Menu font. I have these WALTER fonts, changing them didn't make any effect.

This likely goes to far, but I have a font config file (see below) in my /home/user folder that I created to get better fonts with chromium. Might this be the reason that the menu font doesn't change?

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM 'fonts.dtd'>
<fontconfig>
<match rel="nofollow" target="font">
<edit mode="assign" name="rgba">
<const>rgb</const>
</edit>
</match>
<edit mode="assign" name="hinting">
<bool>true</bool>
</edit>
</match>
<edit mode="assign" name="hintstyle">
<const>hintslight</const>
</edit>
</match>
<edit mode="assign" name="antialias">
<bool>true</bool>
</edit>
</match>
<edit mode="assign" name="lcdfilter">
<const>lcddefault</const>
</edit>
</match>
</fontconfig>
Old 05-09-2018, 12:02 AM   #487
fruen

Default JACK transport

JACK transport is supported now, it seems. Maybe Jack Winter should put it in his fantastic wiki? excellent work
fruen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:22 AM   #488
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruen View Post
JACK transport is supported now, it seems. Maybe Jack Winter should put it in his fantastic wiki? excellent work
Yes I will, there are a few things I ought to update/fix. Just a question of time... Note that afaik it can only slave to jack transport, master support is still missing. I also don't know how well it would be able to loop, as there is no provision in the jack API for looping..
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:47 AM   #489
fruen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
Yes I will, there are a few things I ought to update/fix. Just a question of time... Note that afaik it can only slave to jack transport, master support is still missing. I also don't know how well it would be able to loop, as there is no provision in the jack API for looping..
True
Old 05-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #490
lilith93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruen View Post
How does it work? So it's possible to e.g. sync Reaper with Renoise?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #491
kytdkut

I had updated ffmpeg to 4.0 and REAPER could not play video files, reverting back to 3.4.2 fixes the issue

i'm using arch linux, is there any other info on my system that could be useful for debugging?
kytdkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:37 AM   #492
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytdkut View Post
I had updated ffmpeg to 4.0 and REAPER could not play video files, reverting back to 3.4.2 fixes the issue

i'm using arch linux, is there any other info on my system that could be useful for debugging?
Reaper doesn't support ffmpeg 4.0 for a while.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:23 AM   #493
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Reaper doesn't support ffmpeg 4.0 for a while.
FWIW, I just played a mp4 file with h264/aac content in reaper with 4.0-2 on Archlinux. VLC v3 as always not working.

Edit: I just saw that I have ffmpeg2.8 installed too.. Try installing that to see if it starts working again.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)

Last edited by Jack Winter; 05-15-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:05 AM   #494
David Else

The latest u-he plugins are showing up in Bitwig on Fedora 28, but not in Reaper.

I posted some screen shots on the thread just a minute ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UheOnLinux/...bra2_rev_7392/
Old 05-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #495
kytdkut

Quote:
FWIW, I just played a mp4 file with h264/aac content in reaper with 4.0-2 on Archlinux. VLC v3 as always not working.

Edit: I just saw that I have ffmpeg2.8 installed too.. Try installing that to see if it starts working again.
Thanks for mentioning this I dont have 2.8 installed anymore because I think it was a transitional package and I deleted it, but I installed ffmpeg3.4 from AUR alongside ffmpeg 4.0 and REAPER is able to play videos now
kytdkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:01 AM   #496
alextone

Default midi ports in wine.

I'm at a bit of a quandry here with reaper running in wine. I can modify the number of wineasio audio ports, and have done so, in the user.reg file. (Now 50 and 50, woohoo.)

But i'm stumped with finding where i can hack an increase for midi ports. I use reaper/wine 64bit to run some kontakt instances, because frankly, it doesn't fall over, where i've had a more problematic run with linvst, which just doesn't want to go past 16 fully loaded orchestral K instances.

However, as Einstein rightly pointed out, "If you get more audio ports in wine, the law of relativity says you can't have more midi ports, because i've hidden them away. So there."

Running in Wine, Reaper shows me 9 inputs, and 10 outputs. If i capture the midi hardware first, with my native linux Reaper, then Wine/Reaper will give me up to 14 midi input ports, but no more.

I use Linuxsampler to run the majority of my old but still mighty gig files, so the K instances are just for those that i don't currently have in gig format. (And i continue to hunt far and wide for older orchestral gig libraries, that i buy second hand, to rid myself of the need to run Kontakt/give corporate NI non linux supporting cash.)

Linux Reaper runs fabulously with Linuxsampler, both as a standalone sample lib server, and with linuxsampler vst instances (Setting up the instances is a pain without a dedicated vst gui, but it can be done, and i have done so). I've hammered it with over 60 instances, and both daw and sample server keep rocking.

I've also used j2a_midi_bridges in a script to supply endless numbers of midi ports to "wine" as pseudo midi hardware ports, but again Reaper will only show me a meager few. They continue to breed, but, well....
I've tried multiple wineprefixes, but the central wineserver (i know it as HAL) sees system midi hardware ports as a whole, not the same set duplicated across multiple wine instances.
Is this a limitation in Win Reaper (poor souls, i can feel some empathy, even just for a fraction of a second), or a limitation in Wine (Show me the reg and i will hack it without mercy)? I ask if anyone else can help.

Alex.

p.s. Almost there. I'm almost there.......Hello Dave, it's nice to be working with you again.....Are we there yet......I'm confident the mission will be successful.....

Last edited by alextone; 05-17-2018 at 01:26 AM.
alextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #497
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextone View Post
Running in Wine, Reaper shows me 9 inputs, and 10 outputs. If i capture the midi hardware first, with my native linux Reaper, then Wine/Reaper will give me up to 14 midi input ports, but no more.

I've tried multiple wineprefixes, but the central wineserver (i know it as HAL) sees system midi hardware ports as a whole, not the same set duplicated across multiple wine instances.
I'm not very sure about Wine's midi internals, but it has a limit of 16 ports which is defined at around line 30-40 in include/mmddk.h. Possibly you could try to make that bigger and see if it works or blows up

Regarding Wine prefixes and wineservers, each prefix has it's own wineserver, so if you run say 5 prefixes at once, you ought to see 5 wineserver processes.

BTW, did you get more than 32GB allocated with a later wine version? Inquiring minds want to know
Old 05-19-2018, 11:27 PM   #498
alextone

Quote:
I'm not very sure about Wine's midi internals, but it has a limit of 16 ports which is defined at around line 30-40 in include/mmddk.h. Possibly you could try to make that bigger and see if it works or blows up

Regarding Wine prefixes and wineservers, each prefix has it's own wineserver, so if you run say 5 prefixes at once, you ought to see 5 wineserver processes.

BTW, did you get more than 32GB allocated with a later wine version? Inquiring minds want to know
Nope. Still half the available ram for any wine process.

I've worked around it by reviving all my old gig libs, and fishing around for more. As i work with channels, not keyswitches, I skip that particular limitation, and can layer channels on one another, like we all used to do in the "ol' days". As i pick up more of the old libs in gig format, so I may be able to give up wine once and for all, and go full commando. Sorry, I mean native..

I've tried running 5 prefixes at once, and had 5 separate standalone instances of K fired up. But the task manager only showed one wineserver running and i hit the same limits. It was a waste of time with the limitation on midi ports anyway, as every K instance would only show the same first 10 or so, not the whole range to choose from. Hardware ports always show to all, and that's it.

I'll have a look, and a try, at the wine midi ports file, and thanks for pointing it out. But as soon as i can cover all my sample libs with gig or sfz alternatives, i see no further use for wine at all, as i only use it for kontakt, and i won't be throwing any more money at NI's anti-linux business model at all, for any reason.

Sample lib developers are starting to build their own sample players, and i've been in contact with a few, who seem a lot more open thinking about native linux versions (now the VST SDK is open) than the consistent anti-linux corporate wall of silence that is NI's response. (Something they have in common with Avid. Go figure.)

And i'm almost there. I bought Dan Dean woodwinds in Gig format a while back, and he was cool about it. Same with Eric Persing's wonderful Symphony of voices, and Frank Belardino's Bela D's Giovanni choirs, along with a couple of others. And i've had an email reply from a fellow in Holland who has the complete original Project Sam Brass collection in Gig format. Early days in discussion, but that would complete the brass lineup very nicely. And so on. There were some killer libraries released in gig format in earlier times, and the samples are still the same. Only need the means to play them and we have that already in Linuxsampler.

And let's not forget, even Steinberg have opened up the VST SDK to native linux implementation, and few thought that would ever happen. (Thank you Yamaha.)

With our frankly outstanding, and constantly maturing native linux version of Reaper, things are brighter now than they've ever been, and that gives me cause for a smile.

Now we're down to the last ten metres, and the finishing line is in sight.

Go Giga (It's still alivvvvvvve!), and independent player development. F**k Nki.

Alex.

p.s Long live the Rebellion.

Last edited by alextone; 05-19-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:30 AM   #499
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextone View Post
Nope. Still half the available ram for any wine process.

I've tried running 5 prefixes at once, and had 5 separate standalone instances of K fired up. But the task manager only showed one wineserver running and i hit the same limits. It was a waste of time with the limitation on midi ports anyway, as every K instance would only show the same first 10 or so, not the whole range to choose from. Hardware ports always show to all, and that's it.

p.s Long live the Rebellion.
Hmm, then maybe I remembered right that the kernel limits the max ram allocation to 50% for a single process. Just wish I could also remember how one changed this...

If you had five instances of standalone Kontakt running with just one wineserver process, then you messed something up. If they were truly in separate prefixes then you would have had 5 wineserver processes running too..

And yes, the force is strong with this one. One day we'll rid the audio galaxy of the sith lords of Windows/OSX
Old 05-22-2018, 06:00 PM   #500
reddiesel41264

Default Spectral edits bug

Linux Mint 18.3

I have a sample editing project with a lot of spectral edits, I reopened the file today and all of the spectral edits that use the compressor are no longer having an effect. The knobs are still set but the waveform has reset and on playback the edit is having no effect.

Top image shows what it looks like when I open save file, bottom image shows what it should look like.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:00 PM   #501
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddiesel41264 View Post
Linux Mint 18.3

I have a sample editing project with a lot of spectral edits, I reopened the file today and all of the spectral edits that use the compressor are no longer having an effect. The knobs are still set but the waveform has reset and on playback the edit is having no effect.

Top image shows what it looks like when I open save file, bottom image shows what it should look like.

Is the edit bypassed (right click on it)?

Can you trim and post the minimal project?
Old 05-23-2018, 02:49 AM   #502
reddiesel41264

Quote:
Is the edit bypassed (right click on it)?

Can you trim and post the minimal project?
It's not bypassed, I thought that too, and bypassing then unbypassing doesn't solve it.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp spectralEditTest.RPP (4.1 KB, 156 views)
Old 05-23-2018, 04:43 AM   #503
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddiesel41264 View Post
It's not bypassed, I thought that too, and bypassing then unbypassing doesn't solve it.
Thanks! I've had a look, looks like having the compression threshold below about -160dB causes this. It's been that way since spectral editing was added in 5.50, oops! Will look at why this is and see if fixing can be done without ruining existing projects...
Old 05-23-2018, 04:46 AM   #504
reddiesel41264

Quote:
Thanks! I've had a look, looks like having the compression threshold below about -160dB causes this. It's been that way since spectral editing was added in 5.50, oops! Will look at why this is and see if fixing can be done without ruining existing projects...
Thanks I think I'll just raise the threshold for now
Old 05-24-2018, 11:06 AM   #505
lilith93

Just out of curiousity: Is the Reaper code for Windows and Linux the same and is it just compiled with different libraries or is it necessary to implement significant changes to port it to Linux?
Old 05-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #506
lilith93

I don't know if this is due to the Linux Version (5.81rc1) I'm using, but I have some problems assigning short cuts.

I want to assign a short cut for horizontal scrolling as ALT+Mousewheel is zooming into the whole screen.

I go to Actions -> Show Action List -> Search for Scroll -> View: Scroll Horizontally -> Add

When I move the Mousewheel there's "Mousewheel" written in the field, when I type a key I get the key name. But how can I add both, Key + Mousewheel? Also Strg, Shift, and Alt are not working.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:07 AM   #507
fruen

Quote:
How does it work? So it's possible to e.g. sync Reaper with Renoise?
Yes believe so
Old 05-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #508
Jack Winter

Quote:
I don't know if this is due to the Linux Version (5.81rc1) I'm using, but I have some problems assigning short cuts.

I want to assign a short cut for horizontal scrolling as ALT+Mousewheel is zooming into the whole screen.

I go to Actions -> Show Action List -> Search for Scroll -> View: Scroll Horizontally -> Add

When I move the Mousewheel there's "Mousewheel" written in the field, when I type a key I get the key name. But how can I add both, Key + Mousewheel? Also Strg, Shift, and Alt are not working.
I'm not sure, but could it be your DE interfering? For instance I use KDE and it uses the ALT key as the meta key (for many desktop related operations), I redefined it to use the Logo key instead. The same holds true for other shortcuts, some would just be eaten by the DE...
Old 05-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #509
lilith93

Quote:
I'm not sure, but could it be your DE interfering? For instance I use KDE and it uses the ALT key as the meta key (for many desktop related operations), I redefined it to use the Logo key instead. The same holds true for other shortcuts, some would just be eaten by the DE...
Thanks for helping. Somehow the ALT key is special as I can't define it together with mousewheel for short cuts. It's also not used by XFCE ... Anyway, in a combination with an other key I can use it. So, now I have horizontal scrolling with ALT+Shift+ Mousewheel defined.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:59 PM   #510
Jack Winter

I got tired of what I saw as a disconnect in scrolling in the arrange and ended up with this, like that it works the same over the whole arrange window:

sw - v scroll
shift-sw - h scroll
ctrl-sw - v zoom
shift-ctrl-sw - h zoom

Though I can assign alt-sw without any problem, so I suspect your WM..
Old 05-25-2018, 04:29 PM   #511
lilith93

Quote:
Thanks for helping. Somehow the ALT key is special as I can't define it together with mousewheel for short cuts. It's also not used by XFCE ... Anyway, in a combination with an other key I can use it. So, now I have horizontal scrolling with ALT+Shift+ Mousewheel defined.
Actually I was wrong. The ALT+mousewheel zooming was defined in the XFCE Desktop :/ ...
How to get rid of it is described here:

https://vorkbaard.nl/fix-window-tran...-in-xfce-4-12/
Old 05-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #512
alextone

Default Added bonus midi ports

As a side effect of my pursuit of midi ports, i discovered an ancient post describing a simple method for adding more hardware midi ports.

Check to see you have the snd-seq-dummy module loaded by default.

# modinfo snd-seq-dummy

Now we want to tell the module to start with more midi ports. The current default is midi through, and there's only one.

# cd /etc/modprobe.d/

create a file called something like:

midiports.conf

the name is up to you.

open the file, and add the following line:

options snd-seq-dummy ports=32

(the number of ports is optional, so you choose how many you want.)

reload the module or reboot, and you'll see multiple ports.

Alex.

Last edited by alextone; 05-25-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:53 PM   #513
babag

Default video playback in linux reaper?

been experimenting with reaper for linux and very happy so far. just ran into an issue, though. i loaded a large project i recently completed in a w10pro/64 system. it was finished in v5.70/64. when i tried to load it in linux using the current v5.90/64 it would not play. reaper froze. when i tried v5.70/64 it did play. the project is a soundtrack and is synced to picture, an mjpg qt file per airon's instructions on the sticky. is there anything that needs to be done with the linux version in regard to video playback (like putting an ffmpeg file someplace)?

thanks,
babag
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:54 AM   #514
David Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by babag View Post
been experimenting with reaper for linux and very happy so far. just ran into an issue, though. i loaded a large project i recently completed in a w10pro/64 system. it was finished in v5.70/64. when i tried to load it in linux using the current v5.90/64 it would not play. reaper froze. when i tried v5.70/64 it did play. the project is a soundtrack and is synced to picture, an mjpg qt file per airon's instructions on the sticky. is there anything that needs to be done with the linux version in regard to video playback (like putting an ffmpeg file someplace)?

thanks,
babag
Since Reaper started to report swell errors, I have noticed I now get:

Code:
swell: error calling dlopen(libavutil.so.55): libavutil.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
swell: error calling dlopen(libavutil-ffmpeg.so.55): libavutil-ffmpeg.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
swell: error calling dlopen(libvlccore.so.8): libvlccore.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
swell: error calling dlopen(libvlccore.so.7): libvlccore.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
swell: error calling dlopen(libvlccore.so.6): libvlccore.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
my system version of ffmpeg is:

Code:
ffmpeg
ffmpeg version 4.0 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 8 (GCC)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --datadir=/usr/share/ffmpeg --docdir=/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg --incdir=/usr/include/ffmpeg --libdir=/usr/lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man --arch=x86_64 --optflags='-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -mcet -fcf-protection' --extra-ldflags='-Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld ' --extra-cflags=' ' --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-version3 --enable-bzlib --disable-crystalhd --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gcrypt --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcdio --enable-libdrm --enable-indev=jack --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-nvenc --enable-openal --enable-opencl --enable-opengl --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librsvg --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libv4l2 --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-avfilter --enable-avresample --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --disable-debug --disable-stripping --shlibdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-libmfx --enable-runtime-cpudetect
  libavutil      56. 14.100 / 56. 14.100
  libavcodec     58. 18.100 / 58. 18.100
  libavformat    58. 12.100 / 58. 12.100
  libavdevice    58.  3.100 / 58.  3.100
  libavfilter     7. 16.100 /  7. 16.100
  libavresample   4.  0.  0 /  4.  0.  0
  libswscale      5.  1.100 /  5.  1.100
  libswresample   3.  1.100 /  3.  1.100
  libpostproc    55.  1.100 / 55.  1.100
Does Reaper work OK with ffmpeg 4?... i hope so, as it is super awesome

On a side note, I also get:

Code:
swell: error calling dlopen(/home/david/bin/reaper/Plugins/elastique.so): /home/david/bin/reaper/Plugins/elastique.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
swell: error calling dlopen(/home/david/bin/reaper/Plugins/elastique2.so): /home/david/bin/reaper/Plugins/elastique2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This is all on Reaper 5.90
Old 05-26-2018, 03:37 AM   #515
Jack Winter

Reaper doesn't support ffmpeg v4, I have a legacy package 2.8 installed in parallel which makes video work. Never used vlc on linux, but I think the problem is the same there, I ought to install a legacy package to get the runtime libs for v2 in addition to those of v3 installed.

The elastique errors are because there is no elastique v1 or v2 delivered with reaper. Version 3 gets loaded though.

The above error msgs about not being able to load non existing libs have been suppressed in the latest SWELL. It will still report the errors encountered when trying to load a lib that is present but fails to load.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:32 AM   #516
David Else

Quote:
Reaper doesn't support ffmpeg v4, I have a legacy package 2.8 installed in parallel which makes video work. Never used vlc on linux, but I think the problem is the same there, I ought to install a legacy package to get the runtime libs for v2 in addition to those of v3 installed.

The elastique errors are because there is no elastique v1 or v2 delivered with reaper. Version 3 gets loaded though.

The above error msgs about not being able to load non existing libs have been suppressed in the latest SWELL. It will still report the errors encountered when trying to load a lib that is present but fails to load.
Thanks Jack!

Fedora 28 has compat-ffmpeg28, but I can't find the binary... I posted a question to hopefully get the answer:

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/que...-is-installed/
Old 05-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #517
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Else View Post
Thanks Jack!

Fedora 28 has compat-ffmpeg28, but I can't find the binary... I posted a question to hopefully get the answer:

Don't think there should be an executable, just some libs installed. On linux most libs are versioned, so you can have multiple versions installed to cater to programs linked to various versions. Installing multiple executables would be problematic though..

P.S. have a look at reddit, I might have found a solution for your u-he problem.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #518
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Else View Post
Thanks Jack!

Maybe

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/se...ompat-ffmpeg28
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #519
David Else

Quote:
Don't think there should be an executable, just some libs installed. On linux most libs are versioned, so you can have multiple versions installed to cater to programs linked to various versions. Installing multiple executables would be problematic though..

P.S. have a look at reddit, I might have found a solution for your u-he problem.
Cheers!!! i am working on compiling it now in a virtual machine

I had it confirmed there is no executable for ffmpeg 2.8, but I do have the following files installed. Can I use them in Reaper somehow?

Code:
rpm -ql compat-ffmpeg28

/usr/lib64/libavcodec.so.56
/usr/lib64/libavcodec.so.56.60.100
/usr/lib64/libavdevice.so.56
/usr/lib64/libavdevice.so.56.4.100
/usr/lib64/libavfilter.so.5
/usr/lib64/libavfilter.so.5.40.101
/usr/lib64/libavformat.so.56
/usr/lib64/libavformat.so.56.40.101
/usr/lib64/libavresample.so.2
/usr/lib64/libavresample.so.2.1.0
/usr/lib64/libavutil.so.54
/usr/lib64/libavutil.so.54.31.100
/usr/lib64/libpostproc.so.53
/usr/lib64/libpostproc.so.53.3.100
/usr/lib64/libswresample.so.1
/usr/lib64/libswresample.so.1.2.101
/usr/lib64/libswscale.so.3
/usr/lib64/libswscale.so.3.1.101
Old 05-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #520
David Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
Cheers, that is the file I have, there is no executable in it. I asked Jack if I could use the other files provided in the last post...