Old 04-23-2018, 11:24 PM   #1
derjay
Human being with feelings

Default Expert Sleepers USAMO

Hey girls and guys,
First time posting on this forum so I hope I am addressing the right subforum.

Now I would like to know whether anyone could give me some tips on setting up a little midi sync device the expert sleepers USAMO with REAPER.

The device itself is based on quite a nifty idea of converting audio stream into midi clock to obtain sample accurate sync between DAWs and external gear, which would be quite an awesome thing to have in order multitrack some techno noodling with the daw.

I read of at least one member who appears to be happy with the unit, but since I have a ton of problems I am seeking some help to troubleshoot the device and its related plugin:

Anyway this is my gripe with the thing.
a) The USAMO plugin does not consistently show up as a midi device in reaper, has anyone possibly had this issue?
b) it doesn't sync consistently either
c) the output of my MOTU hd 896 appears kind of low so I have to amplify it with an external mixboard, which is kind of surprising so I wonder whether my output routing may be messed up, for instance by sending out a stereo signal instead of mono or something weird like that - is there a way to troubleshoot this?

thanks to you all for any input and have a good time
J.
derjay is offline   Reply With Quote