Old 01-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #1
SymboliC
Human being with feelings

Default Track 3D Highlight & Shadow colors & Layout question

Hi

1)
By using Theme Tweak within actions menu, I can manipulate the colors for the theme I'm using, except, I couldn't find a corresponding color tag for highlights and shadows of 3D FX on tracks, both for TCP & MCP.
Any idea?

2)
Is it possible to dock MIDI editor between Arrange window & Mixer?

3)
I don't know what I've messed with those dock/MIDI editor/layout options but whenever I double click a MIDI item, editor just opens in random places. For MIDI items of one track it is undocked, for the other one docked above main windows, one is docked below main window etc.... How to correct this to default it to open in the same place for all MIDI items?

Thanks.
SymboliC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #2
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymboliC View Post
1) By using Theme Tweak within actions menu, I can manipulate the colors for the theme I'm using, except, I couldn't find a corresponding color tag for highlights and shadows of 3D FX on tracks, both for TCP & MCP.
By 3D FX, do you mean the highlights/shadows on the actual FX buttons? If so, those cannot be changed from the Theme tweaker, they are parts of the actual button images. So you would have to open the theme and edit those images to make your changes. If that task is a bit too much, which is totally understandable, you might be able to get somebody here to edit them for you, if you can show clearly enough what you want.

Quote:
2) Is it possible to dock MIDI editor between Arrange window & Mixer?
Not possible.

Quote:
3) I don't know what I've messed with those dock/MIDI editor/layout options but whenever I double click a MIDI item, editor just opens in random places. For MIDI items of one track it is undocked, for the other one docked above main windows, one is docked below main window etc.... How to correct this to default it to open in the same place for all MIDI items?
Go to Options/Preferences/Editing Behavior/MIDI Editor, and tick One MIDI editor per: project. Now all the MIDI items will open in the same editor window so then you have to only place that single editor where you want it.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:13 AM   #3
SymboliC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
By 3D FX, do you mean the highlights/shadows on the actual FX buttons? If so, those cannot be changed from the Theme tweaker, they are parts of the actual button images. So you would have to open the theme and edit those images to make your changes. If that task is a bit too much, which is totally understandable, you might be able to get somebody here to edit them for you, if you can show clearly enough what you want.
Sorry for syntax/capitalisation error. It supposed to be fx. I know some are just images. But I meant 3D fx. Those 1 px highlight colors at the top of the track(to the left in the MCP) and 1 px shadow lines on the opposite side. I think they're also part of track images? If it wasn't so, I could have found it in the color list...

BTW, is there a special detail I should be aware of when editing images? Any guides regarding this? I have worked with vectoral images before so if there isn't anything Reaper-specific, I can manage to create my own images.

Quote:
Not possible.
Then for the time being, I'll use my MIDI editor docked above all.
But, I couldn't find an action in the list which hides/closes that MIDI editor when I'm done. I clicked both close [x] and hide options but haven'T seen them as an action in the action list either. Is it possible to assign a shortcut? I'm not referring to "Alt+D" since it completely closes the whole Docker which contains the Mixer, too.

Quote:
Go to Options/Preferences/Editing Behavior/MIDI Editor, and tick One MIDI editor per: project. Now all the MIDI items will open in the same editor window so then you have to only place that single editor where you want it.
Indeed, it was like that. I always have that option ticked and also checked with it when that strange behavior occured. I just closed and reopened Reaper and the problem was gone. I think it got confused after switching many things and options in the layout!
Old 01-14-2018, 07:34 AM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Sorry for syntax/capitalisation error. It supposed to be fx. I know some are just images. But I meant 3D fx. Those 1 px highlight colors at the top of the track(to the left in the MCP) and 1 px shadow lines on the opposite side. I think they're also part of track images?
Sorry for being slow today, but without an example picture I seem not being able to fathom what those would be. I'd say strong maybe, though.

Quote:
BTW, is there a special detail I should be aware of when editing images? Any guides regarding this? I have worked with vectoral images before so if there isn't anything Reaper-specific, I can manage to create my own images.
Grab White Ties WALTER: A Themers Guide for all the details.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=69767

One special thing about Reaper theme images is the use of pink and yellow lines to define areas which will not stretch. You don't necessarily need them for your own images, but if you are editing the existing ones, better make sure you won't edit those lines unintentionally.

Quote:
Is it possible to assign a shortcut? I'm not referring to "Alt+D" since it completely closes the whole Docker which contains the Mixer, too.
I use screensets myself. I have saved six different window sets and call those up from the toolbar. For me that's a faster way to change everything visible with one action.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:44 AM   #5
SymboliC

Thanks a bunch!
I'll have a look at that link!