Old 10-05-2018, 10:04 AM   #1
mathurgood
Human being with feelings

Default Default 5.0 toolbar icons

I'm modifying the Default 5.0 theme, including all the toolbar icons. I'm not sure where/how the following icons are used, as they do not appear on either the main or MIDI toolbars:

toolbar_midi_itemsel_off
toolbar_midi_itemsel_on
toolbar_replacemode
toolbar_revert

I've tried searching the forum/docs but no joy - apologies if I've overlooked something obvious. Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you, friends
mathurgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:38 PM   #2
cubic13

I can only make assumptions, here...

- AFAICS, the two first ones are probably - and when I say 'probably', it's because I don't see any other context in which they could be usable - linked to one of the two #40891 or #40892 actions (Actions window, section MIDI editor).
- The third one doesn't appear on the official images list for the toolbars. As it's here, I guess that it could have a use somewhere, but which one...
- The last one is used when the MIDI sources are .mid files (Preferences>Media>MIDI pane). It is linked to the #1013 action (also in the MIDI editor section of the Actions window). It's the only one I am sure of, actually.

Sorry not being able to help more...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurgood View Post
toolbar_midi_itemsel_off
toolbar_midi_itemsel_on
toolbar_replacemode
toolbar_revert
First two toolbar icons, toolbar_midi_itemsel_off and toolbar_midi_itemsel_on are for the MIDI editor Media Item Selector. A rarely mentioned MIDI editor feature which appears on the same place where the CC lanes are at the bottom of the MIDI editor window.

The toolbar_revert icon is indeed for when working with .mid files, like cubic13 said.

The toolbar_replacemode is for the action Options: Toggle trim behind items when editing.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #4
mathurgood

Thank you both for your replies - much appreciated. Mystery solved! Sorry for the delay in replying - I didn't realise that email notifications are OFF by default and subsequently forgot to check back here. I'll be more diligent in the future.
mathurgood is offline   Reply With Quote