Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
peanutismint
Human being with feelings

Default BCD3000 as control surface??

A few weeks ago I went through Reaper's actions and configured it to work with my Behringer BCD3000 (DJ controller!) as a control surface, providing transport, FX, i/o, view, file controls etc....

It worked pretty well, but now I've also got my BCF2000 control surface up and running and I'm finding that the controls in a preset I downloaded for the 2000 are conflicting with controls I want to set with the 3000. My extremely limited knowledge of the MIDI standard tells me that I can tell each of my controllers to output their CC signals on a different channel, but I'm not sure how to go about setting this....

Any suggestions??
peanutismint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
peanutismint
Human being with feelings

Ok, small update, I think I've gotten my brain around MIDI channels....so basically, with both of these devices connected to the same computer, I'm gonna get crosstalk unless they're set to different channels, and this is usually done from within the tracks of Reaper (i.e. telling each track which MIDI channel to 'listen' on?)

But this whole channels business goes out the window when you're using MIDI devices as controllers rather than instruments...I've looked around the preference panes and the MIDI section in particular, but can't seem to find any mention of setting channels for devices or control surfaces....

So am I to assume that users are limited to a single MIDI control device?

My other question is, I've set up my BCF using a preset I downloaded from these very forums and it's working great, with a little editing to my particular needs. So I have the BCF set under 'control surfaces' in the preferences, but it's also listed as 'enabled for control commands' in the general MIDI preference pane - I tried removing it from the general pane in the hope that Reaper would treat the BCF as a control surface and the BCD as just a MIDI controller, but no dice...

Anybody have any idea how to make my wildest MIDI-controller dreams come true??!
peanutismint is offline   Reply With Quote