Old 09-20-2018, 01:54 AM   #1
sokcoc 969
Human being with feelings

Default How to tweak track coloring?

Hello. I'm new to adjusting Reaper's appearance, I'd like to know if there's a way to:
1) prevent tracks from changing their default color, and have only their footers colored,
2) make the tracks the same color as their footers, not just tinted.
Like this:
Attached Images
File Type: png example.png (41.0 KB, 325 views)
sokcoc 969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #2
Xaos

I came here to ask the same question!

I've been working on a mod of FolderWT_Imperial with darker panels and some other minor tweaks to some buttons and knobs. One thing I really like about Audition (the only thing, actually) is the black track background and the brightly colored waveforms, and I'd like to incorporate that.

I'm new to theming, and I've learned a lot about the ingenious way REAPER uses Pink and generates it's interface so efficiently so that a well designed theme is only a few MB! It's amazing. However, I've been banging away at this for a long time with very little rest, and I"m pretty braindead at the moment. I very proud that I managed to find out where to set the color and transparency of the pan knobs and where all the graphic resources are, but I'm at a loss to find where to set the track and item background colors. Same thing for the waveforms.

Can someone point me to where those values are set? I don't see them in the .ReaperTherme file and I seem to be missing it in the rtconfig.txt file. I'm sure it's right under my nose, but I can barely see straight at the moment!

Thanks in advance to the kind soul who posts the answer. Once I get it figured out, I'll tidy up the menus and upload it for people to enjoy.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
Xaos

Well, this was an easy fix. I can't believe no one jumped in and pointed us to the solution that was right under our noses in Theme Editing 101 here:

https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=172341

I'd delete my post just to spare myself some public humiliation, but since I did make an honest attempt to find the answer before posting, I figure someone else might miss it, too. Essentially, all you have to do is open REAPER's built in theme editor by opening the Actions lists and finding:

'Theme Development: Show theme tweak/configuration window'.

It's all right there. Somehow, I just missed the obvious. I hope this helps someone else whose brain is exhausted from diving into theme editing, spending way too much time figuring out which images to edit and how the rtconfig.txt file works but not not enough time sleeping!
Old 10-04-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
Xaos

Oops. I misunderstood the OP's original question. It's a good one. Why hasn't anyone answered it? It's odd for this community to turn a deaf ear to a question like this.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
sokcoc 969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos View Post
Oops. I misunderstood the OP's original question. It's a good one. Why hasn't anyone answered it? It's odd for this community to turn a deaf ear to a question like this.
Indeed, plus I noticed there are some themes that do this on Reaper Resources, unfortunately their authors didn't answer.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

The explanation is here : Custom colouring for Themers, as linked to in this sticky.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:49 AM   #7
sokcoc 969

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
The explanation is here : Custom colouring for Themers, as linked to in this sticky.
at last, a coherent workaround, thank you White Tie