Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #81
vanhaze
Human being with feelings

Yes, this worked , thx hopi !!
Old 01-24-2018, 10:17 AM   #82
hopi

Van you are most welcome of course....

those settings are a tricky thing for me ... to get them acceptable so I can see them but not so strong they obscure everything...

there is another one that is related... for when you separate the time selection and loop selection... maybe you use that?

if so you'll notice the time selection is the one you have been dealing with but the loop points can extend to the left and right of the time... and they have their own color overlay... which for me is too subtle... but I'm sorta used to it...
Old 12-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #83
daeavelwyn

Default Set button order TCP

Hi Cubic,

I'm tweaking your theme to fit more my needs and I'm trying to change buttons order in the TCP.

Actually i'm following this guide : http://www.houseofwhitetie.com/reape...dit_def_5.html

but

Code:
; ---------------------------- USER : mess with these:----------------------------

; order of controls (1-15)
def order_recarm     2
def order_label      3
def order_volume     4
def order_io         1
def order_pan_width  9
def order_mute       5
def order_solo       6
def order_fx         7
def order_fxbyp      8
def order_phase      10
def order_env        11
def order_recmode    12
def order_recmon     13
def order_fxin       14
def order_recinput   15
doesn't work for me, how can I change buttons order in Eyssina? I have to precise the operation describe in the tutorial I'm following works great with default reaper 5 theme
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:20 AM   #84
cubic13

Hi, daeavelwyn

Actually, this works for only one theme : the default one for Reaper 5, as the link suggests it. Why so ? Because there are several macros involved that can be only used for this precise theme. Take a look at its rtconfig.txt file and especially the macros defined in the header : you'll quickly see why I didn't even bother to try using them, as the documentation about how to transpose all this for other themes is still lacking. And I'm not sure that any themer has done so, beside the ones who made default theme mods.

So, the only way to change the order of the different controls is by Walter coding, changing all the coordinates of each control, which more or less mean rewriting completely the different panels management.

Sorry for this...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:44 AM   #85
daeavelwyn

Hi cubic13,

Ok, thanks for the reply, I will continue to use the theme as it's for now.

regards
Old 12-20-2018, 03:41 PM   #86
daeavelwyn

Default Finally I made a mod....

Hi cubic13,

I finally start to made a mod with your theme to fit more my needs : https://stash.reaper.fm/manage_theme...ReaperThemeZip

It's still a really unfinished work but perhaps you would like to take it and improve stuff.

thanks again for all your hard work, trying to do this myself really lets me know how much time it takes to make a theme !

Last edited by daeavelwyn; 01-24-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:23 AM   #87
cubic13

Hi, daeavelwyn

Nice and working mod, even if I prefer the original colours of it (in example, the dreaded mcp.sendlist zero line issue, which isn't 'themable' unless you set the font colors at fixed values AND tweak its background files to match).

Will look at it more closely to see what could be done either on yours or mine. I already have few things in mind, actually : among others, the missing toolbars 'official' icons files and the mcp.pan/width display...
Old 12-24-2018, 05:45 AM   #88
daeavelwyn

Thanks for your reply, my mod is of course quite dirtier than yours mainly because i'm not as aware as you about design. Your theme is really my favorite reaper one, that the reason I started from yours! Moreover, tweaking your theme offers me two main experiences.

The first, theming reaper, as I mentionned in my previous post, is really hard and I have to pass a long time to succeed in an unperfect acheivement, it really lets me appreciate your work because you probably pasted hundred of hours to make yours ! So thank you again for your work.

The second, theming helps me to focus on stuff I really would like to have for my needs. Some examples:

I really have to see my meters values ! so I change some stuff in the rtconfig

I'd like to have tempo/time sig / markers/region lanes more like pro tools (clearly distinct)
I'd like to have a grey version, it seems safer for my tired eyes.
I like to have clearer indication of send/FX state (green plugin is running, yellow it's bypassed, send red is disable...). But I guess I could have more integrated green/yellow/red :-/

The colors toolbar is also, for me and my needs, an option I use too often to let it as a hidden menu. But it's not really part of the theme I guess...

And I also themed a bit the arrange view because i'm working with sometimes almost 100 tracks and i'd like to clearly have even/odd lines visible and a more clearer measure/beat lines too.

As you mentionned, the pan button in MCP isn't really easy to use, that the reason I make it larger, but if you have a better idea I just can't wait to see your work !(pro tools way of doing that is quite nice).

As I'm really not a theme designer, i've used simple colors. There are the RGB colors :

mcp_bgempty: 71 71 71
mcp_bgnorm: 51 51 51
mcp_bgbyp: 31 31 31

the blue cursor (pan and send) : 0 174 255

the snd / in background in mcp tracks: 71 71 71

mcp_bgsel : 200 200 200
the send line when fx/send disable : 100 100 100

the tcp bg tracks : 71 71 71

And as I've done this without being really organized, I'm probably forgetting some... ^_^'

Actually, I also really love the frema, but I'd like to get in / send in the mcp separated by lines to get a clearer view of them. Any suggestions ?

I hope those observations will bring you interesting stuff to improve your themes , and thanks again for your work !
Old 05-19-2019, 03:25 AM   #89
Hellfog

why have the themes been removed? too old?
Hellfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:02 AM   #90
cubic13

Hi, hellfog

I just edited the first post of this thread accordingly : I removed the CubicPack2 from the stash a while ago. You can take a look at its successor (CubicPack3) here.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:08 AM   #91
Hellfog

Oh thanks.
Hellfog is offline   Reply With Quote