Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 09-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
AdamWathan
Human being with feelings

Default Mouse modifier bugs present in recent builds

I am coming across some annoying modifier bugs that were never there until just recently...

1. First one. Auto crossfades turned on, create a split with NO crossfade. Attempt a fade in on one of the items and it crossfades instead.

This is like a 50/50 thing. Sometimes it'll do it, other times it doesn't. You can see in the GIF I create a new split right after and it allows a fade in just fine.

2. If you have a split with no crossfade and try to hover your mouse over one of the edges of the split, then press a modifier that is assigned to any "item fade zone" options, Reaper acts like there is a crossfade there even though there isn't. You can see this at the end of my GIF. I am hovering over the left edge of the item on the right. When I press "shift", the cursor turns into a "move crossfade" cursor, when really I am trying to "trim ignoring snap".
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
AdamWathan

Just checked, working in pre5a, broken in pre6.

Guessing this line is the culprit:

v4.03pre6 - September 9 2011
+ Track freeze: actions to render tracks in-place with FX, then save/remove existing media and online FX
+ Track freeze: unfreeze removes rendered items, restores previously saved media and FX
+ Track freeze: experimental -- use with caution!
+ Fades/crossfades: avoid unintentional crossfade edits when items are not exactly crossfaded
+ VST/AU/JS: pin mappings are now stored more safely, fix for possible race conditions
+ Project load: if project samplerate set, try to initialize loaded plug-ins at correct rate (avoid later reinit)

Funnily enough that change has created MORE unintentional crossfade edits when they don't even exist!
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
Seventh

Also the envelope lane click modifier is broken.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...e+click+broken
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote