Old 11-22-2020, 03:11 AM   #1
pepe44
Human being with feelings

Default Opening Plugin GUI Audio noise

Hi all.
I´m posting here on live section because its a thing that can bother some of you too.

I recently prepared a session for live use, very simple , 10 tracks for recording and one of them has antares auto-tune access ( zero samples and cpu efficient). So far so good.
The "problem" arises every time i try to open the auto tune GUI for some changes (im not using automation for key changes because with this artist is not always the same set list) . There is a little buffering thing going on, a small audio burst just by opening the plugin and this on a arena with a large P.A system is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e.

I´m using a Lenovo laptop 320 ideapad , i7 16G RAM DDR4- The mixer is a x32 rack which serves has audio interface too. ( I have a clean vocal channel and making that channel going to reaper for auto tune and coming out to another mixer channel) Like this i always keep a clean , unprocessed vocal track if needed.
The X32 audio interface is set to 128 Buffer size and i have a 5.6ms latency roundtrip which is ok for the artist IEM.

The only solution i found is leaving the Auto tune GUI open while running the show.
Anyone with some "solution" , Reaper preferences to make the GUI opening whitout that noise?

Thanks.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
sgarza

Have a similar issue, happens with different vst and lv2 plugins. I'm on Linux i7 CPU, 32GB RAM, m.2 SDD.
sgarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #3
Regisfofo

Don't have autotune, but it seems like a bug to me...
As a workaround have you tried the guiless view of the plugin?
Or embedding the control parameters you need in TCP ?
Good luck
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:08 PM   #4
TBProAudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
Hi all.
I´m posting here on live section because its a thing that can bother some of you too.

I recently prepared a session for live use, very simple , 10 tracks for recording and one of them has antares auto-tune access ( zero samples and cpu efficient). So far so good.
The "problem" arises every time i try to open the auto tune GUI for some changes (im not using automation for key changes because with this artist is not always the same set list) . There is a little buffering thing going on, a small audio burst just by opening the plugin and this on a arena with a large P.A system is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e.

I´m using a Lenovo laptop 320 ideapad , i7 16G RAM DDR4- The mixer is a x32 rack which serves has audio interface too. ( I have a clean vocal channel and making that channel going to reaper for auto tune and coming out to another mixer channel) Like this i always keep a clean , unprocessed vocal track if needed.
The X32 audio interface is set to 128 Buffer size and i have a 5.6ms latency roundtrip which is ok for the artist IEM.

The only solution i found is leaving the Auto tune GUI open while running the show.
Anyone with some "solution" , Reaper preferences to make the GUI opening whitout that noise?

Thanks.

Could be the GFX card ...