Old 08-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
rdesanti
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper 5 on a MAC Warning

So as a precautionary to all major upgrades I do, I ran the Reaper 64 bit version 5 upgrade on my portable and lo and behold ALL my themes and customizations got thrown to default! I am using a mac laptop OS X MTN LION with 8g RAM. I had to spend hours finding something like the theme I had to even get it near what I had. I spent literally weeks getting my version 4 to them and custom colors that I wanted for my workflow and frankly am scared to DEATH to ruin it! HOWEVER! it DID run perfectly with no other issues (that I could see) and the CPU rate was only around 10%! So I am thinking of running 2 versions keeping both and renaming them until I can get the new 5 to look just like my current version (4.78/64bit). So I was wondering if anyone with Yosemite (which is my main production machine) has had this happen to them. I also want to WARN other MAC Yosemite users of this as well.
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
airon

Did you try just exporting your whole setup from Preferences/General , and then importing that to the Reaper 5 instance ?

Might work.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdesanti View Post
So as a precautionary to all major upgrades I do, I ran the Reaper 64 bit version 5 upgrade on my portable and lo and behold ALL my themes and customizations got thrown to default! I am using a mac laptop OS X MTN LION with 8g RAM. I had to spend hours finding something like the theme I had to even get it near what I had. I spent literally weeks getting my version 4 to them and custom colors that I wanted for my workflow and frankly am scared to DEATH to ruin it! HOWEVER! it DID run perfectly with no other issues (that I could see) and the CPU rate was only around 10%! So I am thinking of running 2 versions keeping both and renaming them until I can get the new 5 to look just like my current version (4.78/64bit). So I was wondering if anyone with Yosemite (which is my main production machine) has had this happen to them. I also want to WARN other MAC Yosemite users of this as well.
Wait... So you're saying that when you imported your saved configuration file, it just didn't work? As though the 'old' format of the configuration file (basically a zip file but with no .zip extension) is no longer supported?

That would be a bad thing.

Anyone else?
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:05 AM   #4
rdesanti

Default Theme

I did not export it as I would have hoped it would just keep it like the updates did. I will try this on my production machine and then put it on my laptop and see if that works. There should be an installation option or /switch for this or at LEAST a warning during the install. I'll have to look up how to export themes. Maybe I will keep both versions till then.
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #5
EpicSounds

You could have used TimeMachine to instantly reset your resources folder to before the install.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:36 AM   #6
rdesanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdesanti View Post
I did not export it as I would have hoped it would just keep it like the updates did. I will try this on my production machine and then put it on my laptop and see if that works. There should be an installation option or /switch for this or at LEAST a warning during the install. I'll have to look up how to export themes. Maybe I will keep both versions till then.
UPDATE: I got it working. Did export from my production machine and exported/save my theme. Then imported both of them and got it working.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #7
EpicSounds

Get your backups sorted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh9j...2F63B&index=23