Old 08-09-2021, 09:41 AM   #761
siniarch
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Luis, quick question: do the encoders have acceleration?
Yes, the encoders output different MIDI code depending on how fast you turn them.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:50 AM   #762
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Yes, the encoders output different MIDI code depending on how fast you turn them.
I figured as much, just couldn't recall if that was specifically discussed at one point or if I was just assuming all along.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 02:11 PM   #763
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
hi Luis. watching the video now. You can get the chapters working by changing your intro timestamp to 00:00
Hey EpicSounds,

I updated the description. I didn't know how to do hyperlinks in the description, so I just pasted links to the video at the time the subjects take place. I think I've seen people write text with hyperlinks that looks like "(00:01)" instead of the YouTube link written out (like I did)?

Need to learn how to do that.

Anyway, thanks for watching the video.
Old 08-20-2021, 02:08 PM   #764
siniarch

Default Brightness Control

Just wanted to inform you guys of the new Brightness Control feature on the SCE24.

Geoff Waddington had suggested I add a way to control the brightness on a per item and also overall basis. So, when the creator of CSI suggests something, I listen.

Here it is. The SCE24 now has the ability to individually control the 1. Main OLED Displays, 2. Encoder OLED Displays, 3. Ring LED Lights, 4. OLED Button Displays, 5. LED Button Lights. and 00. OVERALL Controller Brightness.

Take a look at the video:

Hope you like it.

Oh, and BTW, we are taking orders at the discounted price. If interested, send me a PM. After the discounted spots are all taken up, I'll open up the website for ordering there.
Old 08-20-2021, 02:33 PM   #765
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Just wanted to inform you guys of the new Brightness Control feature on the SCE24.

Geoff Waddington had suggested I add a way to control the brightness on a per item and also overall basis. So, when the creator of CSI suggests something, I listen.

Here it is. The SCE24 now has the ability to individually control the 1. Main OLED Displays, 2. Encoder OLED Displays, 3. Ring LED Lights, 4. OLED Button Displays, 5. LED Button Lights. and 00. OVERALL Controller Brightness.

Take a look at the video:

Hope you like it.

Oh, and BTW, we are taking orders at the discounted price. If interested, send me a PM. After the discounted spots are all taken up, I'll open up the website for ordering there.
Fantastic finishing touch !!
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:28 PM   #766
EskoMastering

Hey, just wondering if you got my email re. shipping costs, tax. Still very interested in purchasing this.
EskoMastering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:30 PM   #767
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskoMastering View Post
Hey, just wondering if you got my email re. shipping costs, tax. Still very interested in purchasing this.
Hey, I think I missed the email for some reason. I'll PM you my personal email to make sure I don't miss it again.
Old 09-04-2021, 01:22 AM   #768
andyp24

Hi Luis

Any estimates of shipping dates yet?

Thanks, Andy
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #769
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Hi Luis

Any estimates of shipping dates yet?

Thanks, Andy
Hi Andy,

I placed an order for 10 units this past week. We found out that 1 of the chips that we were using is not available for another 41 weeks. Luckily I was able to find a replacement and had my developer re-design the PCB Board to adjust for it. So that hurdle was overcome.

The company that make the main processor is also tweaking their bootloader chip. This is the chip that allows us to update the firmware. They are adding a few security features to make their platform more secure. I was told it would be a week or so for that before they can ship the units. But all the other components have been order and I'm hoping by the time they get here, the other chips will be ready as well. I will certainly rush ship them to get it done as soon as possible.

Everything else is moving forward. So I hoping I can start shipping in 3-4 weeks.

Again, thank you for your patience.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:50 AM   #770
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Andy,

I placed an order for 10 units this past week. We found out that 1 of the chips that we were using is not available for another 41 weeks. Luckily I was able to find a replacement and had my developer re-design the PCB Board to adjust for it. So that hurdle was overcome.

The company that make the main processor is also tweaking their bootloader chip. This is the chip that allows us to update the firmware. They are adding a few security features to make their platform more secure. I was told it would be a week or so for that before they can ship the units. But all the other components have been order and I'm hoping by the time they get here, the other chips will be ready as well. I will certainly rush ship them to get it done as soon as possible.

Everything else is moving forward. So I hoping I can start shipping in 3-4 weeks.

Great news !!
Old 09-05-2021, 08:59 AM   #771
andyp24

Hi Luis
Thanks for the update... good to hear it's only a few weeks away.
Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Andy
Old 10-02-2021, 03:00 PM   #772
EskoMastering

Hey Luis!
Just a little bump for this thread and to check how you're getting with the manufacture of the units.

Quote:
Hi Andy,

Old 10-02-2021, 06:46 PM   #773
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskoMastering View Post
Hey Luis!
Just a little bump for this thread and to check how you're getting with the manufacture of the units.
Hi EskoMastering,

Sorry for the lack of info as of late. I've been busy with drafting up the manual and hopefully getting some help in creating some PlugIn Zone files.

I got some things arriving this week from China, I got the Fed-Ex notification that they cleared customs.

I did run into some Chip availability issues. The Main Processor chip was nowhere to be had with a 43 week lead time. My developer found an alternative chip which ran slightly slower speed, but could handle extreme temperatures -40C to 100C. (Basically the military spec version of the chip I initially used). When he informed me of it, they had 59 left. I told him to place the order right away and by then we were only able to get 19.

Also had issues with the RJ45 Network chip and found a replacement. Also acquired those.

And finally, the manufacturer of our developer kit was updating the Bootloader chip to add security features. This is a chip we MUST get from them as no one else has it. But the good news is that they have plenty. The bad news is that they don't want to sell it to me until they finalize their testing of the security features. (even though we do not need those in place as there is nothing to protect on this controller) The other good news is that they also have extra Processing chips and Networking chips. So I'm purchasing from them directly (even if it's costing more). I just didn't want to take a chance with a slightly different chip. So I was supposed to get them shipped last week, but they ran into one small glitch on their testing bench and I'm hoping this week they are shipped.

In the mean time, the case and printing PCB boards has been continuing, so only a slight delay by this. Once these chips ship, everything will be waiting in China to be soldered and all the parts will be ship to me for assembly. When I get the parts I can put together most of the units that have been ordered in 2 days including testing. So we are so very close.

I thank everyone for the patience. Apparently this whole chip delays have not only hit huge manufactures such as automakers, but even appliance makers and even my small project.

On the CSI front, Geoff has added the proper Widgets for controlling the Main Screens on the unit, I've tested the foot-pedals and they work great.

I'm sending Geoff a unit with the first batch of shipments. Once he has a unit himself, any issues we may still have with CSI will be quickly squashed as he'll be able to much more easily debug any problems. Between him being able to change CSI and my developer being able to change the firmware, I'm sure we'll have this thing humming along. I mean, it's already working amazingly well, but I'm sure there will be a couple of tweaks that will make it even better.

I'll be posting parts of the manual once I have my screen descriptions finished and I make a video of each screen working.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:03 AM   #774
EskoMastering

Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Hi EskoMastering,

Sorry for the lack of info as of late. I've been busy with drafting up the manual and hopefully getting some help in creating some PlugIn Zone files.

I got some things arriving this week from China, I got the Fed-Ex notification that they cleared customs.

I did run into some Chip availability issues. The Main Processor chip was nowhere to be had with a 43 week lead time. My developer found an alternative chip which ran slightly slower speed, but could handle extreme temperatures -40C to 100C. (Basically the military spec version of the chip I initially used). When he informed me of it, they had 59 left. I told him to place the order right away and by then we were only able to get 19.

Also had issues with the RJ45 Network chip and found a replacement. Also acquired those.

And finally, the manufacturer of our developer kit was updating the Bootloader chip to add security features. This is a chip we MUST get from them as no one else has it. But the good news is that they have plenty. The bad news is that they don't want to sell it to me until they finalize their testing of the security features. (even though we do not need those in place as there is nothing to protect on this controller) The other good news is that they also have extra Processing chips and Networking chips. So I'm purchasing from them directly (even if it's costing more). I just didn't want to take a chance with a slightly different chip. So I was supposed to get them shipped last week, but they ran into one small glitch on their testing bench and I'm hoping this week they are shipped.

In the mean time, the case and printing PCB boards has been continuing, so only a slight delay by this. Once these chips ship, everything will be waiting in China to be soldered and all the parts will be ship to me for assembly. When I get the parts I can put together most of the units that have been ordered in 2 days including testing. So we are so very close.

I thank everyone for the patience. Apparently this whole chip delays have not only hit huge manufactures such as automakers, but even appliance makers and even my small project.

On the CSI front, Geoff has added the proper Widgets for controlling the Main Screens on the unit, I've tested the foot-pedals and they work great.

I'm sending Geoff a unit with the first batch of shipments. Once he has a unit himself, any issues we may still have with CSI will be quickly squashed as he'll be able to much more easily debug any problems. Between him being able to change CSI and my developer being able to change the firmware, I'm sure we'll have this thing humming along. I mean, it's already working amazingly well, but I'm sure there will be a couple of tweaks that will make it even better.

I'll be posting parts of the manual once I have my screen descriptions finished and I make a video of each screen working.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-12-2021, 04:44 AM   #775
siniarch

Default Support for ReaLearn 2.0 by Helgo Boss

Just a quick update guys.

I've been fortunate enough to have Benjamin (HelgoBoss), the creator of ReaLearn, take the time to add my controller to his wonderful ReaLearn software.

https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/realearn/

Some of you may already be familiar with his software, but for those who aren't, you can take a look at his website above.

Basically, we'll be able to control one of my Display Types which has 4 Lines of Text and quickly map an encoder or a button to a parameter in Reaper. For those not wanting to install or who do not need the complexity of CSI, this will be an easier way to program the SCE24 controller.

I'll continue to make progress with CSI and I'm sure Geoff will get all functionality out of my controller, but sometimes people want something they can map with a program like ReaLearn.

So, just another way to connect the SCE24 and REAPER. The more the merrier.

I'll keep you posted as we make more progress.

Again, big thanks to Benjamin!!!!
Old 10-12-2021, 05:42 AM   #776
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Just a quick update guys.

I've been fortunate enough to have Benjamin (HelgoBoss), the creator of ReaLearn, take the time to add my controller to his wonderful ReaLearn software.

https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/realearn/

Some of you may already be familiar with his software, but for those who aren't, you can take a look at his website above.

Basically, we'll be able to control one of my Display Types which has 4 Lines of Text and quickly map an encoder or a button to a parameter in Reaper. For those not wanting to install or who do not need the complexity of CSI, this will be an easier way to program the SCE24 controller.

I'll continue to make progress with CSI and I'm sure Geoff will get all functionality out of my controller, but sometimes people want something they can map with a program like ReaLearn.

So, just another way to connect the SCE24 and REAPER. The more the merrier.

I'll keep you posted as we make more progress.

Again, big thanks to Benjamin!!!!
Fantastic news !!
Old 10-25-2021, 03:55 AM   #777
andyp24

Three weeks since last progress report on acquiring the components, is there any more news?

I hope you haven't hit a fundamental availability problem for some required chip.

Andy
Old 10-25-2021, 11:18 AM   #778
siniarch

Quote:
Three weeks since last progress report on acquiring the components, is there any more news?

I hope you haven't hit a fundamental availability problem for some required chip.

Andy
Hi Andy,

After 10 emails and various phone calls I was finally able to get through to the actual creator of the kit that is powering my unit. It's basically like speaking to the person who created the Arduino platform. Super nice guy.

They are resolving the issue of security on their bootloader chip (which is the first chip that begins the boot sequence) and their problem is that until they fix their code, the new chips created can be send a code to lock and effectively they will BRICK the entire PCB Board they are connected to with no way to undo this. So he was really reluctant to sell to anyone.

Fortunately, I still had 7 of his old bootloader chips and all I really needed to deliver to those who already bought was the CPU chip and the LAN chip which he has 4,000 and 2,500 respectively. Not sure why my emails which explained this very clearly didn't get through to them, but he finally understood. I paid for the chips on Thursday of last week and I was told they are being shipped to China this morning via FedEx Express (I believe should arrive in 3 days) So I'm hoping my developer received them before Friday of this week.

They will install the chips into the PCB Boards and ship them to me again, rushed. As soon as I get them I can begin assembling.

Sorry for the delay but I have been pushing on all fronts to get this done as quickly as possible. I am so excited to deliver these first units so others can document and show how they work. Once people see them at work, I think they will be more excitement about the product.

Andy, again, I'm so sorry for the delays.
And thank you for your god like patience.

Much appreciated it.
SiniArch
Old 10-25-2021, 11:43 AM   #779
andyp24

No problem, thanks for letting us know. Looking forward to seeing the unit when it's ready.

Just a reminder that there are some hoops to jump through re: the documentation for import/export etc as discussed by email (months ago!). If you need me to remind you what I think is necessary, let me know.

Many thanks
Andy
Old 10-25-2021, 11:45 AM   #780
siniarch

Quote:
No problem, thanks for letting us know. Looking forward to seeing the unit when it's ready.

Just a reminder that there are some hoops to jump through re: the documentation for import/export etc as discussed by email (months ago!). If you need me to remind you what I think is necessary, let me know.

Many thanks
Andy
Of course. Yours is the first unit going out. Before it goes out I will reach out and make sure I'm sending it the proper way.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:59 AM   #781
andyp24

You mean the second.... Geoff gets the first one, surely :-)
Old 10-25-2021, 12:04 PM   #782
siniarch

Quote:
You mean the second.... Geoff gets the first one, surely :-)
Nope, yours is the first one shipping out.

Geoff's will be next. His will be serial 001 and yours will be 002 but his gets shipped after you.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:31 PM   #783
Funkybot

It's cool...I don't mind being third. Or 7th. Lucky number 7!
Old 10-25-2021, 01:40 PM   #784
andyp24

Quote:
Nope, yours is the first one shipping out.

Geoff's will be next. His will be serial 001 and yours will be 002 but his gets shipped after you.
Wow. Thank you, but honestly Geoff can have his first. :-)
Old 11-23-2021, 06:26 PM   #785
siniarch

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. After so many bumps on the road with getting the silicon chips for my Main Board, I am please to announce that my developer in China was able to finally complete the first batch of units and all the components for them are being shipped today to me Via DHL. So, barring any delays from shipping or customs, I should be receiving all parts in about 1 week. I will need 1 to 2 days to assemble and ship the orders that have been placed already.

I should have 2-3 units left to sell from the first batch.

I look forward to having those customers receive the units. I thank you so much for your patience. If anyone is interested in the reason for the delays for the last 2-3 months, let me know. I do not mind being transparent, but just didn't want to bore you or have you listen to excuses. I figured it would be best to give you information when it actually had an impact on the delivery date.

Sincerely,

SiniArch
Old 11-23-2021, 10:23 PM   #786
Funkybot

Great news Luis! Thanks for the update!
Old 11-24-2021, 02:51 AM   #787
andyp24

Excellent news, and thanks for persevering in difficult circumstances.

Andy
Old 11-24-2021, 05:33 AM   #788
Geoff Waddington

Fabulous news Luis !!
Old 11-24-2021, 07:21 PM   #789
siniarch

Thank you guys.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:39 PM   #790
Win Conway

Eventually these will be available at normal suppliers right?
So i can use Paypal.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:18 PM   #791
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win Conway View Post
Eventually these will be available at normal suppliers right?
So i can use Paypal.
Hi Win Conway,
Thank you for your interest. The plan is to get them out to normal suppliers, but we still need to get more sales before a supplier would become interested. But that's the plan for sure.

As for PayPal, you can pay with paypal now if you'd like.

Thanks,
SiniArch
Old 12-01-2021, 03:59 AM   #792
c3r1c3

Just wanted to pop in and say a big "Thank You!" for designing and seeing this to completion.
c3r1c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:09 AM   #793
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3r1c3 View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say a big "Thank You!" for designing and seeing this to completion.
Thank you for your support. I believe an order came in today. If you don't hear a reply from me it is because I'm busy building most of the day. Electronic components just arrived in the mail. I'll post some pictures soon.

Yay. Barring any unforeseeable issues, I should be shipping units out on Friday.

Last edited by siniarch; 12-01-2021 at 12:12 PM.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #794
siniarch

Here are the 1st batch of cases and the silicon gaskets for the encoders.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:04 PM   #795
Funkybot

Very nice!
Old 12-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #796
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Very nice!
Thanks Funkybot. It's going to be Plugin Configuration time soon.

Here are the electronic components. I sure hope nothing is missing.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:46 PM   #797
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks Funkybot. It's going to be Plugin Configuration time soon.
Haha...yeah! Will be much easier with a unit though!
Old 12-01-2021, 01:12 PM   #798
Geoff Waddington

Wow, just Wow !!!
Old 12-01-2021, 02:09 PM   #799
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Wow, just Wow !!!
Thanks Geoff. It's finally happening.

Once you get your unit, you'll have such an easy time diagnosing any issues with the controller and CSI. Although I think we got most of it figured out already.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:08 AM   #800
Win Conway

Quote:
Hi Win Conway,
Thank you for your interest. The plan is to get them out to normal suppliers, but we still need to get more sales before a supplier would become interested. But that's the plan for sure.

As for PayPal, you can pay with paypal now if you'd like.

Thanks,
SiniArch
There is no paypal option on the site.