Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 08-04-2020, 05:16 AM   #1
ChrisBlue
Human being with feelings

Default ACOUSTIC-SAMPLES : LOSS OF SOUND

I am using AcousticSamples virtual guitar and when I have 2 instances open, at some seemingly random point the 2nd instance goes silent on playback of recorded MIDI. It can be fine for a time, I worked on it for a couple of hours yesterday and it was fine during repeated listening but on opening the DAW today it's silent. I opened a new instance of the instrument on a new track and entered all the correct chord voicings and other parameters (i.e. I didn't just "duplicate track" ) and then moved the MIDI recording onto that track. It played back a couple of times and then went silent.
I've had similar problems with it before when then I was recording 2 different guitar VSTi's simultaneously and finding one or other wouldn't work after a time. At that time it was also occurring when I solo'd one of them and then when I de-solo'd, the other one didn't come back in.
I have contacted AS about this and they don't seem to be offering much. I am not sure whether there is a problem with Reaper or their plugin. In fairness I have had a drum and several piano VSTi's in a track together and not had this problem but just posting this in case anyone has any idea what might be going on (?) Thanks
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:19 AM   #2
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlue View Post
It played back a couple of times and then went silent.
I've had similar problems with it before when then I was recording 2 different guitar VSTi's simultaneously and finding one or other wouldn't work after a time. At that time it was also occurring when I solo'd one of them and then when I de-solo'd, the other one didn't come back in.
It sometimes happens that a trial/demo version of a plugin will behave like this by design, and that people sometimes think that a product has been properly registered/authorized when it hasn't. I doubt whether this is the case here, since I don't see any trial version on AcousticSamples website, but I thought I'd mention it....

Quote:
I have contacted AS about this and they don't seem to be offering much.
There is a support Forum on KVR....
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=162
.... have you looked for an answer there?

Quote:
I am not sure whether there is a problem with Reaper
Two things you might try in an effort to find out:

# Substitute another plugin for testing purposes;
# Upload the RPP project file somewhere, and post a link here. Maybe someone else will spot a problem with the project.

HTH
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:56 PM   #3
spantini

Out of curiosity, instead of soloing (or muting), see what happens when turning off the FX on either track on playback.
spantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:12 AM   #4
ChrisBlue

It's not a trial version. I tried disabling other instruments and also the problem one and then just turning that one back on but no luck. Thanks anyway. Who wants to make music anyway..................
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote