Old 08-07-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
juan_r
Human being with feelings

Default Smooth versatile tap tempo

Hello! I am considering Reaper as a live performance powerhouse. The type of performance I'm thinking about is a one man electro-acoustic band, involving a couple of mics (percs, voice/fx), electric instruments via soundcard inputs, and VSTi instruments.

What I'm needing most is a tap tempo feature tailored for live use.

- Tap tempo smoothly. What I mean by this is: at first, keep the current tempo; and then ramp up/down to the new tempo, but only after a few beats have been tapped out.

- Tap from a variety of sources: a footswitch (the sustain pedal for example), a MIDI note or CC (for controllers with programmable buttons). The tapping source should be muted while tapping. For example, that specific MIDI note should not produce any sound when tapping, the sustain footswitch should produce no other effects other than tapping, etc. The tap sources should be selectable, and I'd like to be able to toggle the "tapping state" so tap sources are silent only when tapping is engaged.

Is there anything like that, or can something be concocted from existing parts/scripts/whatever?
juan_r is online now   Reply With Quote