Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-17-2018, 03:27 AM   #641
vocalnick
Human being with feelings

Ahh yes, I probably should have led with that

MacOS 10.13.6
EuControl 18.3.0.244 (according to About - does that seem like a weird number?)
Reaper 5.95/64

Same as yours, apart from apparently the EuControl version.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:28 AM   #642
vocalnick

So hang tight - I'm going to downgrade to 3.7 - might be as simple as that!
Old 09-17-2018, 05:04 AM   #643
vocalnick

Ok, apologies for the serial posting.

I think I may have it working! Some googling led me to this avid knowledge base page about an old permissions issue. The new MacOS versions won’t easily let you change permissions on the suggested global library folder, but on a whim I tried changing the same permissions on the equivalent USER library folder, and it seems to have done the trick!

So I'm in Mackie mode, Reaper and the MC Control are definitely talking to one another, and the performance is nice and snappy. Adding and removing tracks Feels VERY fast compared to native.

I can't quite figure out what's going on in the MC Control screen - The top row of squares seems to correspond to my tracks, and it shows mute and record enable status, which is cool. Beyond that, I'm uncertain what I'm seeing on the screen. I can see numbers 1-7 on the row below, then nothing below that, and 1-4 below that, but I have no idea what they signify.

I can't seem to get the soft keys or touchscreen buttons to generate any MIDI data, but I can get them doing keystrokes, so provided I have keyboard shortcuts configured in Reaper, I can use the touchscreen on the MC Control to fire off commands. A bit kludgy, but useful enough.

I also can't seem to get much action from the soft knobs apart from pan. Is there any way to get plugin or aux control? Perhaps not...

So I think it's working? Is this what Mackie Control mode looks like?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG20180917214441.jpg (41.4 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by vocalnick; 09-17-2018 at 05:36 AM.
vocalnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #644
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalnick View Post
Ok, apologies for the serial posting.

I think I may have it working! Some googling led me to this avid knowledge base page about an old permissions issue. The new MacOS versions won’t easily let you change permissions on the suggested global library folder, but on a whim I tried changing the same permissions on the equivalent USER library folder, and it seems to have done the trick!

So I'm in Mackie mode, Reaper and the MC Control are definitely talking to one another, and the performance is nice and snappy. Adding and removing tracks Feels VERY fast compared to native.

I can't quite figure out what's going on in the MC Control screen - The top row of squares seems to correspond to my tracks, and it shows mute and record enable status, which is cool. Beyond that, I'm uncertain what I'm seeing on the screen. I can see numbers 1-7 on the row below, then nothing below that, and 1-4 below that, but I have no idea what they signify.

I can't seem to get the soft keys or touchscreen buttons to generate any MIDI data, but I can get them doing keystrokes, so provided I have keyboard shortcuts configured in Reaper, I can use the touchscreen on the MC Control to fire off commands. A bit kludgy, but useful enough.

I also can't seem to get much action from the soft knobs apart from pan. Is there any way to get plugin or aux control? Perhaps not...

So I think it's working? Is this what Mackie Control mode looks like?
Great news !!

Are you using the stock plugin, Klinke, or CSI.

Yeah, the track layout on the Control touch screen is fairly weird, I mostly ignore it.

To get the soft keys working, start Reaper, then:

EuCon->EuControlSettings->Softkeys tab:

Push the "Command" button

Add a softkey:

If you can figure out how to export them (I couldn't), I'll send you my set of 5 mapped pages
Attached Images
File Type: png Softkeys1.png (62.6 KB, 111 views)
File Type: png Softkeys2.png (51.8 KB, 110 views)
Old 09-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #645
vocalnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Great news !!

Are you using the stock plugin, Klinke, or CSI.
Just stock for now - AFAIK Klinke isn’t available for MacOS (unless I missed something again?). I should check out CSI though - just read through the thread and it looks promising!

EDIT: Ooh and I just stumbled across the Moss plugin which also looks good. So many choices!
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=206610

Quote:
Yeah, the track layout on the Control touch screen is fairly weird, I mostly ignore it.
Cool... I can definitely live with it, so long as it’s not emplematic of a deeper problem.

Quote:
To get the soft keys working, start Reaper, then:

EuCon->EuControlSettings->Softkeys tab:

Push the "Command" button

Add a softkey:
I did find that, but it was mapping to Reaper actions (and custom actions) I couldn’t find. Thankfully the “key” section lets me assign keyboard commands which works around that OK

Quote:
If you can figure out how to export them (I couldn't), I'll send you my set of 5 mapped pages
Thank you, I’ll take a look. It shouldn’t take too long to roll my own anyway...

Now I just need to decide between the response speed of MC emulation or the feature set of native... decisions decisions! Although considering touch sensitive faders was my main goal, I’m definitely across the line And I suppose I could always jump between protocols - MC for tracking and Native for mixing perhaps...

Thank you so much for your help. I was surprised and disappointed this thread didn’t get more traction back in the day. I realise all this Mackie talk has veered off topic a bit, but hopefully the info in the posts can help someone else out in the future

Last edited by vocalnick; 09-17-2018 at 02:08 PM.
vocalnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:10 AM   #646
Electra

Help me. I installed "EuCon alpha" but the edit (moving faders, playback in Reaper, and others) began to happen with high latency. It became very uncomfortable to work. What could possibly be the matter?

OSX ElCapitan
Plugin: Waves, PowerCore platform (TC Electronics), Cokos
Hardware: MAC PRO 3.1, built-in sound card

In an empty project, everything works fine.

UPD: Just noticed a peculiarity: it is a high latency in the work begins to manifest itself when I try to use the synths from the TC PowerCore platform.

Last edited by Electra; 09-23-2018 at 05:20 AM.
Electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:21 AM   #647
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra View Post
Help me. I installed "EuCon alpha" but the edit (moving faders, playback in Reaper, and others) began to happen with high latency. It became very uncomfortable to work. What could possibly be the matter?

OSX ElCapitan
Plugin: Waves, PowerCore platform (TC Electronics), Cokos
Hardware: MAC PRO 3.1, built-in sound card

In an empty project, everything works fine.

UPD: Just noticed a peculiarity: it is a high latency in the work begins to manifest itself when I try to use the synths from the TC PowerCore platform.
Is the latency still there if you remove EuCon from Control/OSC/Web and run PowerCore ?
Old 09-24-2018, 05:12 AM   #648
Electra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Is the latency still there if you remove EuCon from Control/OSC/Web and run PowerCore ?
1. Session is empty. Work normal.
2. I load any VST plugins. Work normal.
3. If I load a virtual synthesizer from the TC Electronic platform, then delays in faders, playback and all other moments begin.
4. If I remove EuCon from Control/OSC/Web and run PowerCore, the program works fine.

This happens exactly when loading plug-ins of virtual synthesizers from TC Electronic platform.

I made a video, it might be easier to understand.

https://youtu.be/QMfPt9gCtvM

Last edited by Electra; 09-25-2018 at 02:58 AM.
Electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:29 AM   #649
vocalnick

Howdy EuCon folks

Anyone else encountering sluggish video playback while using EuCon? I'm on MacOS, latest versions of all software...