Old 05-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
mikefloutier
Human being with feelings

Default Video multi-image/audio - Reaper or OBS?

Hi,

I'm just planning a project and would appreciate some high level advice before choosing my route.

1. I'm starting with a 10 minute portion of a Facebook video from a friend. The video and it's accompanying audio are good quality and feature my friend playing keyboard and singing (all audio on one track btw).

2. My plan is to add various other video/audio tracks, featuring various instruments, that will comprise a full band; ie. Acoustic guitar, bass, drums and possibly more.

3. Each performer will have a window for his/her video in a part of the screen - hopefully fairly tastefully

4. I would like to have the ability to synchronize the resultant tracks AND also to process them individually, if possible.

5. The end result should be a video and accompanying audio of resonable enough quality to publish, at least to friends.

I have a fair bit of experience with audio on Reaper BUT almost zero experience with video, although I have got as far as downloading the Facebook video file and extracting the portion I want to use.

I've also:

1. Set up, on Reaper, the relevant Video software recommended in a ReaperBlog video,
2. Installed "OneShot Video Editor" and "VLC Media Player" to help.
3. Been using OBS for a couple of weeks doing some experimental "semi-live" FB live collabs.

Before I really dive into this, I'd appreciate your advice as to the best way to approach this project.

Many thanks,

Mike
mikefloutier is offline   Reply With Quote