Old 09-24-2018, 06:14 AM   #1
jacqouemin
Human being with feelings

Default add new fixed parameters to OSC

Hello to everyone,
i'm newbie here and i want to say thank you for this community.

I'd like to directly send through OSC some parameters. I do understand that one way is to use reacontrolMIDI and than with max transform midi to osc, but i wonder if i can directly write into .DefaultOSC text file in order to send each automation of a precise (and fixed) track with OSC.
Can someone help me?
And another thing: is there a way to bypass max and transform midi notes directly into osc inside Reaper?

thank you!
jacqouemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:05 AM   #2
Gerrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqouemin View Post
Hello to everyone,
i'm newbie here and i want to say thank you for this community.

I'd like to directly send through OSC some parameters. I do understand that one way is to use reacontrolMIDI and than with max transform midi to osc, but i wonder if i can directly write into .DefaultOSC text file in order to send each automation of a precise (and fixed) track with OSC.
Can someone help me?
And another thing: is there a way to bypass max and transform midi notes directly into osc inside Reaper?

thank you!
I don't understand what you mean. Which parameters should be sent from where to where?
As for your second question: Are you talking about sending midi note event to Reaper over OSC? I haven't tried it but there's a section in the OSC configuration on the virtual keyboard (vkb).
Gerrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:13 AM   #3
jacqouemin

Some dummy parameters I want to add with a JS. Send them directly through OSC instead of create a track and send them with reacontrolMIDI. I know it can be possibile for the last parameters touched, but i'd like to be fixed on a specific FX.

I mean: for exemple is there a way to send only parameters "volume" of the track named "midi" ?
jacqouemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:33 AM   #4
Gerrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqouemin View Post
I mean: for exemple is there a way to send only parameters "volume" of the track named "midi" ?
Not that I'm aware of. It's not possible to filter tracks by name in the configuration. Track and send parameters have a specific address so you can explicitly include or exclude them but insert FX parameters are generic and can't be addressed by name, only by index (track number, fx number, parameter number).
Gerrit is offline   Reply With Quote