Old 02-14-2015, 06:21 AM   #1
acousticshade
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI out not working

Hello everyone. Running a trial of Reaper and very interested in purchasing but having trouble getting MIDI out to work with Reaper. I have an older sound card (M-Audio 2496) with separate 1/4" audio & MIDI in/out's but am on a newer Windows 7 box (Premium, SP1) with a i7-4770 CPU at 3.5 GHz and 16 gb ram. My controller is a Korg Triton Pro.

I know the MIDI cables are set up correctly because I can output from the Korg into Reaper and MIDI-OX. I can also output sysex commands from MIDI-OX to the Korg, but can't get anything from Reaper to go out.

MIDI in and out are enabled in the hardware settings under the preferences in Reaper and I have my MIDI channels set to MIDI: All Channels. What am I missing??

Thanks, Steve
acousticshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #2
DarkStar

Hello acousticshade and welcome to these forums. You'll find many helpful people here and a lot of useful information.

To send MIDI out of Reaper, you need to route it from the track itself.

On the track where the MIDI clip is, click the [IO] button and select your MIDI device (and the channel if needed) under "MIDI Hardware Output".
Old 02-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #3
acousticshade

Thanks Star, but have already checked the MIDI out under I/O. Tried both my Delta 2496 driver and the AISO driver and neither work.

Any other thoughts?
acousticshade is offline   Reply With Quote