Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 04-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #1
Tonemandan
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering multiple tracks into one

I have a project with a vocals on 3 different tracks that I want to consolidate into one take. So my question is twofold: what is the easiest way to import a snip from one track to another and have it line up exactly. I can do this manually but I'm sure there must be an easier way. Also if I have takes on 3 different tracks that I want to render to a single track how do I do that?

Thanks for helping a newbie!!
Tonemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:42 AM   #2
uncleswede

Hi.

By default (i.e. unless you've changed your mouse modifiers) on Windows, holding Alt and Shift (Opt and Shift on Mac) then left-dragging a clip to another track will constrain it vertically.

IIRC Ctrl-Alt-Shift then left drag will copy the clip, constrained vertically.
uncleswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:41 AM   #3
Tonemandan

Thanks for the reply. My default for that action seems to be a pitch change ( ?! ). I've never reset anything. I guess I need to reset my mouse action to do this. What I want it to do is drag a copy to another track without moving horizontally
Old 04-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #4
RobU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonemandan View Post
Thanks for the reply. My default for that action seems to be a pitch change ( ?! ). I've never reset anything. I guess I need to reset my mouse action to do this. What I want it to do is drag a copy to another track without moving horizontally
Shift+Alt is Adjust take pitch (fine) by default.

If you want to change this to vertical move only, open Preferences (Ctrl+P), then go to Mouse Modifiers section.

Change the Context to 'Media Item', then pick a modifier you'd like to change (Shift+Alt is fine if you don't use it...)

Double click on the modifier, then select Move item \ Vertically. Hit Apply or OK.

To render them to one stereo track;

You could create a new track and use it as a folder.
Insert new track, name it Vocal GRP or something like that. Select the three vocal tracks, then drag them onto the Vocal GRP, you should see a blue line appear, when it indents a little, release the mouse button. They should now be indented under the GRP track.
To render as a new stereo stem, right-click the track and select Render/freeze tracks \ Render tracks to stereo stem tracks (and mute originals).

Alternatively, you can mute all other tracks in the project and Render the master bus, then import the audio back into the project.

Or, you could keep the folder/GRP track with the original vocals in it if you think you might need to make any adjustments later.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:58 AM   #5
Tonemandan

It does...thanks Robu!