Old 11-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
amrodan
Human being with feelings

Default Loop Midi

This is a retarded question but I can't figure it out. I used to have reaper set up to automatically loop a midi item, but I set it up so that it extends the clip when you drag the end of the midi clip.

How can I turn the midi clip into a loop so that I can drag to extend it and it duplicates the midi notes?

I tried to set up the key L to loop item source, but it loops but with no midi notes.
amrodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

"Loop item source" is the way to go. I assume (might be wrong) that your item is not showing the entire source (say, you moved the left edge rightward to hide an empty area), so the loop starts with an empty area (MIDI items will always loop the entire source length, Reaper can't loop sections of a MIDI source as it can with audio). Try to glue the item before running "Loop item source", that will trim the item source to the visible area and makes it loop the exact length.

For audio there is an action "Loop section of item source" which allows the loop to be shorter than the source, but alas it doesn't work for MIDI. Sure should.

Hope glue does the trick for you . If not we'd need more info about how that item was created or maybe a project file with such an item.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
amrodan

Actually glue works great, thanks gofer!
amrodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
buggyboy

is there any new solution expect glueing item?
buggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote