Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-01-2015, 09:08 AM   #1
Heimdallr
Human being with feelings

Default Need some help with reaper+ezdrummer

Hello there! I'm new to reaper and EZdrummer and I wanted to create drums to guitar track.

I bought standard version of EZ +some metal ready packs of..don't know how to call it so lets say - Some ready sounds.
I'm focusing on black and doom metal so i really dont need a good, furious drums from hell. Could not find ones which i need, creating is pretty hard for me there, so I figured out to find single sound that satisfy me and cut it+add next sound that was fine. Had to deal with recording...somehow

In one drum part I wanted to put a single ride sound, on an already existing other drum sound( it was floor tom i think, dont remember now) but two sounds lying on themselves didnt work. The "top" one did, there was no sound of the one that was "under" the ride. I figured out that somehow while holding the "top one" and trying to put it onto the floor tom sound, I could combine both of them so there was no "top" and "bottom" one, they were just combined and both sounds were played at the same time. Unfortunately, after i render to mp3 it sounded just like the "top" one would be playing not both of them. I used option to Glue them and after render it was fine, but still after opening that project, some of that kind of "mixed sounds" are lying again one on top, one on bottom, like the option to glue would failed and i did save project; /

any solution? also if im explaining it too chaotic just let me know i can post screens
Heimdallr is offline   Reply With Quote