Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 05-04-2024, 06:59 PM   #1
lexaproductions
Human being with feelings

Default REALIVE7 is now official. New website is up!!!

Big news,
REALIVE7 is officially out. A lot of imporvements have been made.
  • The audio routing window has been redesigned with its own Toolbar.
  • Click and cues can now be triggered globally from the audio routing.
  • New “Add cues” menu hitting the [Q] key.
  • New “Add Action Marker” menu hitting the [K] key.
  • Section repetition has been enhanced. You now know if a section is repeated several times and when the last time is coming.
  • Ableton live sessions can now be directly imported in REALIVE (Still in a working but experimental state).
  • The transport bar buttons now supports REALIVE functionalities.
  • The transport bar now has a section to show times vs full setlist length. Useful to know how long you have until the setlist ends.
  • A “click menu” button has been added to the transport bar. Several click related functions are found there.
  • Seeking to a section start can now optionally trigger a cue and a count.
  • A “next section window” has been added to show the upcoming section when not visible.
  • Live looping mode can be activated to trigger several loops separated in project tabs and keep them in tempo. They can be triggered with keyboard shortcuts or anything else.
  • On REALIVE startup a “recent RPLs” menu is shown.
  • Improve play button’s responsiveness.
  • REALIVE Render GUI window.
  • The division click can be reassigned to the same sound as the beat click.
  • Several new Realive preferences added in the "Options" menu.
  • Project playlist: You can right click on a song to toggle it to a “separator” type, that makes it a special type that will be ignored while switching from a song to the next one.
  • Project playlist: Copy playlist to clipboard to paste it anywhere as text.
  • "Consolidate everything" action to save the setlist and all currently opened projects to a folder.
  • Options to automatically send a MIDI Program Change of the song’s number on playback. (Useful for for instruments patches or for a lyrics system).

I finally have setup my website for REALIVE.

The manual is there, and a youtube channel with some tutorials.

Looking forward to see you there!

Last edited by lexaproductions; 05-04-2024 at 07:12 PM.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:53 PM   #2
mschnell

We have a very different way of looking on "Live" with Reaper.
Your goal seems to be to allow live controlled playback of prepared content. Mine is having Reaper be a versatile multi-patch instrument being played by Midi equipment (Keyboard, Midi-Guitar, Wind Controller, Breath Controller, ..., and Control Surface Devices for patch selection.) (I do use such a setup "on Stage", see the sticky thread here.)

Both of course is viable.

There might be use for a combination.
I am thinking about doing such by using two Project Tabs and routing midi and audio to and fro.

What do you think ?

Last edited by mschnell; 05-05-2024 at 05:03 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:01 AM   #3
lexaproductions

Thanks for chiming in! Indeed REALIVE is more of a live backing tracks environment. But it is easily possible in REALIVE to run live dedicated plugins in a Separate tab or to have each song using its own live plugins and setup.

But since it is so easy to make portable installs, I have always preferred to keep my thing separated. So my REAPER DAW is a different config than my REAPER live config. I would probably make me a REA-Vis install if I needed it. REALIVE can send program changes when clicking on a song anyways so it could trigger a separate portable install. Just like to keep my backing tracks running smooth and free from hungry plugins and small block size.

My mentality as always been to keep every song’s timeline separate so I’ll never use only one tab with a big timeline.
Old 05-07-2024, 02:05 PM   #4
Slowbore

Yeah, interesting. I thought the same thing when I saw this! . I use Reaper in a band and we play live with it. Triggered drums -> midi and then guitar/bass effects and eq etc. I also use outputs from interface to mains/subs and use reaper to do the crossovers!
Slowbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 03:30 AM   #5
itamar92

Wow, the new update and website look fantastic!
I've been a loyal user of Realive for over four years now, and I have to say, it's absolutely incredible. It's truly a game changer in the live show world!
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:55 AM   #6
lexaproductions

Thanks for the kind words.
And also for your ongoing input. It made a big difference in the development to have real life inputs from other professionals.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:36 PM   #7
Mavriq

Default Bug

There is one issue I've found. When installing on a blank portable install I get an error message about a missing file on the final reload of Reaper. It is for "RlvQs_FR_Count_1.wav". The issue is for some reason it is pointing to you personal directory under Users on Windows.

Edit: actually is 183 files are in an offline state.

Also when switching to audio routing view, the whole Reaper window minimizes and has to be clicked on twice to reopen. This happens if you click on the "tab" on the left or if you select it in the View menu.

In good news: The new Reaper fixes for screen updating have dramatically increased the speed of changing projects.... Now fairly snappy on the Windows version.

Last edited by Mavriq; 05-12-2024 at 12:43 PM.
Mavriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 04:43 AM   #8
h31k0

hey lexa!
awesome project!!

I just looked through the youtube tutorial videos and I noticed that the video on "Looping" is black (basically no video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-p...ndex=6&pp=iAQB

looking forward to checkout REALIVE some day soon :-D
h31k0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 08:45 PM   #9
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by h31k0 View Post
hey lexa!
awesome project!!

I just looked through the youtube tutorial videos and I noticed that the video on "Looping" is black (basically no video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-p...ndex=6&pp=iAQB

looking forward to checkout REALIVE some day soon :-D
Thanks, this should now be fixed
Old 05-18-2024, 09:13 PM   #10
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavriq View Post
There is one issue I've found. When installing on a blank portable install I get an error message about a missing file on the final reload of Reaper. It is for "RlvQs_FR_Count_1.wav". The issue is for some reason it is pointing to you personal directory under Users on Windows.

Edit: actually is 183 files are in an offline state.

Also when switching to audio routing view, the whole Reaper window minimizes and has to be clicked on twice to reopen. This happens if you click on the "tab" on the left or if you select it in the View menu.

In good news: The new Reaper fixes for screen updating have dramatically increased the speed of changing projects.... Now fairly snappy on the Windows version.
This is fixed in version 7.058

You can get it at your same download link that you got when you pourchased REALIVE7
Old 05-19-2024, 04:11 AM   #11
h31k0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
Thanks, this should now be fixed
yep, it's fixed, thanks!
h31k0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 09:50 AM   #12
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I am thinking about doing such by using two Project Tabs and routing midi and audio to and fro.
What do you think ?
Could you take a look here -> https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=109

Seems my requirements for background tracks is rather different from what ReaLive is created for. I just want remote controlled song switching active at the same time as my "Reaper as an Instrument" project.

Thanks for any tips and comments.....

Last edited by mschnell; 05-26-2024 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:24 AM   #13
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I did a "Song Switcher" that can use a background project
See other thread...
Old 05-30-2024, 09:44 AM   #14
lexaproductions

In REALIVE, there is a main tab thats used to store “always on stuff”
That’s could probably be a fix

That being said. I’m happy if you found another solution that fits your needs better.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:13 AM   #15
mschnell

Yep. For (some of) my setups,I need the life played instruments to be on the “always on stuff” tab to see and sometimes control them, I never need to "see" the backing tracks: I just need to start and to stop them by some midi controller.
That is why I needed to do that research and the not that "common" script programming.