Old 05-27-2024, 12:39 PM   #1
lilith93
Human being with feelings
 
lilith93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Karlsruhe
Posts: 502
Default Wasser (Techno)

Maybe someone likes it (I do )

https://soundcloud.com/lilith_93/was...social_sharing
__________________
https://soundcloud.com/lilith_93
https://open.spotify.com/intl-de/art...SMSwCW9VkqAN9Q
MX Linux, Behringer UMC 204 HD, Neumann KH120
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 01:25 PM   #2
Ears
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 176
Default



I like it.
Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 11:54 AM   #3
lilith93
Human being with feelings
 
lilith93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Karlsruhe
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ears View Post


I like it.
Thank you!
__________________
https://soundcloud.com/lilith_93
https://open.spotify.com/intl-de/art...SMSwCW9VkqAN9Q
MX Linux, Behringer UMC 204 HD, Neumann KH120
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 04:52 PM   #4
eq1
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW, USA
Posts: 791
Default

Sounds good. Your mix sounds on the slightly 'raw' and 'granola' side relative to the techno I've heard over the years, an aspect I like. Basically, I don't think it's quite as compressed, and I think individual instruments/sounds have more overlap frequency-wise, both of which make it sound more natural. Which is an unusual approach since we're dealing with 'unnatural' instruments. I listened to a few of your other tracks at soundcloud, your latest 2 mixes (or ones on top) seem improved versus the couple earlier ones I listened to... Thanks for posting.
eq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 06:51 AM   #5
lilith93
Human being with feelings
 
lilith93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Karlsruhe
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq1 View Post
Sounds good. Your mix sounds on the slightly 'raw' and 'granola' side relative to the techno I've heard over the years, an aspect I like. Basically, I don't think it's quite as compressed, and I think individual instruments/sounds have more overlap frequency-wise, both of which make it sound more natural. Which is an unusual approach since we're dealing with 'unnatural' instruments. I listened to a few of your other tracks at soundcloud, your latest 2 mixes (or ones on top) seem improved versus the couple earlier ones I listened to... Thanks for posting.
Hey thanks! Can you describe what makes the earlier mixes better? I think I high passed too much in earlier mixes. I left more low end also for other instruments beside kick and bass in the recent mixes what I think results in a flatter and more natural sounding mix (as you pointed out).
__________________
https://soundcloud.com/lilith_93
https://open.spotify.com/intl-de/art...SMSwCW9VkqAN9Q
MX Linux, Behringer UMC 204 HD, Neumann KH120
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 01:01 PM   #6
eq1
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW, USA
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith93 View Post
Can you describe what makes the earlier mixes better? I think I high passed too much in earlier mixes. I left more low end also for other instruments beside kick and bass in the recent mixes what I think results in a flatter and more natural sounding mix (as you pointed out).
I was saying your later mixes sound better, like "Wasser." "High passing too much" in the earlier mixes would definitely be consistent with what I'm hearing as being "better" in later vs. earlier mixes. The earlier ones sounded on the thin side, for example. As I recall, they were also narrower, in terms of stereo field.

Oh yeah, one more thing: I actually haven't listened to a lot of 'techno' in quite a while, and I don't really listen to much contemporary music anyway. So, who knows, when I describe your mix as being "more natural", etc. I could be wrong. My sense is most music, including techno, has gone the direction of less natural. When I hear random, popular stuff, and the occasional techno-ish material, it is usually quite artificial, hyped, highly compressed, packaged, etc. But it's not like I sit down and analyze the latest techno-electronica stuff and draw conclusions.

Last edited by eq1; 05-31-2024 at 01:08 PM.
eq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 02:07 PM   #7
lilith93
Human being with feelings
 
lilith93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Karlsruhe
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq1 View Post
I was saying your later mixes sound better, like "Wasser." "High passing too much" in the earlier mixes would definitely be consistent with what I'm hearing as being "better" in later vs. earlier mixes. The earlier ones sounded on the thin side, for example. As I recall, they were also narrower, in terms of stereo field.

Oh yeah, one more thing: I actually haven't listened to a lot of 'techno' in quite a while, and I don't really listen to much contemporary music anyway. So, who knows, when I describe your mix as being "more natural", etc. I could be wrong. My sense is most music, including techno, has gone the direction of less natural. When I hear random, popular stuff, and the occasional techno-ish material, it is usually quite artificial, hyped, highly compressed, packaged, etc. But it's not like I sit down and analyze the latest techno-electronica stuff and draw conclusions.
Thanks! Your impression is consistent with mine . I usually don't listen to much techno and I also didn't listen to electronic music in the 90s. Just exploring other styles from time to time.
__________________
https://soundcloud.com/lilith_93
https://open.spotify.com/intl-de/art...SMSwCW9VkqAN9Q
MX Linux, Behringer UMC 204 HD, Neumann KH120
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.