Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 12-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default Does anybody knowb where the presets are located that this person is offering?

I found this video on video editing in Reaper and the guy is offering presets for video transitions.

This video was made in 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ur_JDbqQM

I am basically looking for plugins for reaper that do the same thing.
I don't care who the creator is of the plugin...

Suggestions? Referrals to any that are out there?

FREE ones are always good, but, paid ones are cool too as long as they don't cost tons of money!!!
Old 12-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #2
EpicSounds

the files are in the bundle for newsletter subscribers and patrons.

Sign up for the list and you should get an email with the link after confirming.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
sjs94704

OK, I got the Reaper Plugin presets downloaded and the ZIP file unzipped. I have a few comments and request for clarification.

I say to all of you first to look at what I am saying here from a total newbie point of view and not from an experienced users .....

It is a bit confusing when watching the YouTube video. You will also see by the numerous comments of the video that I am not alone in my confusion.

In the description of the video it is my opinion that since the video is talking specifically about video editing that you highlight the link I need to use to get the download......

First, let me ask for a point of clarification. The only reference to the video processor presets which is all I am interested in I found in the folder that says:

Reaper Plugin Presets(add to presets folder) .. In this folder the is only a text file that is called:

JT-Video-Processor-Presets.txt

There is no README.txt file with install instructions at all.

There is also a folder by the same name but it says (import through plugin interface)

I may have done that once in my life, but what does import through plugin interface mean? How do I do that? This is where newbies can get lost very easily and need some additional guidance. Like me .....In writing to with the download ....

In this folder marked 'put in plugins folder' there are 6 other files. Do I need them ALL for video processing, or do I only need this text file? There is not a """.txt file with instructions of how to install the plugin properly other than a reference to the folder it goes in.

So, what exactly step-by-step should I or anyone else do to make this plugin for video work correctly?

BTW. I did go to my plugins menu in options and found a bunch of DLL files but I don't have one of those forr this file....

I have version 5.963/x64 of Reaper

I looked for a folder called presets and did not find one.

So, can someone please tell me the EXACT path I need to install the file(s) into or where exactly I need to create one to make one?

Once again there are no instructions that say this information and is what in my opinion causes a lot of unnecessary confusion and stress for newbies to take advantage of this kind of stuff.

A NOTE TO ALL DEVELOPERS:
It is my opinion that all too often, experienced users forget to take the care needed to express information and especially installation instruction that cater to everyone so that there is as much clarity in the instructions as possible.

There is a big benefit to saying that when the file path is for sure static and known to ALL Reaper users: "Take this list of files and copy them into the following file path : xxxx and then the person would know fore SURE what to do!!
Old 12-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
EpicSounds

I wish it was simpler, this is the only simple way I know of sharing several presets at once. Until Cockos gives us a new preset system we're stuck.

Instructions start at 8:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ur_JDbqQM

Here's what the top part of the .txt says
Code:
Copy the text below the line into the "builtin_video_processor.ini" file, and set the total number of presets at the top.
Use a plain text editor!

If you don't have a "builtin_video_processor.ini" file in the presets folder, you'll have to save a blank preset from the plugin first.

If you have user presets in the file already you need to set the preset number to be unique and in the order you want. Preset numbers start at zero.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:59 AM   #5
sjs94704

OK, got an issue still. It looks like it installed, but, it seems like I get the various effects in a drop down box but I don't get the graphical dials!!!!

I don't want to have to do this in code!!!!

What can I do?

Are there any other 3rd-party plugins I can buy that are for video in Reaper?
Old 12-13-2018, 05:08 AM   #6
sjs94704

RE: Previous post --- Mine spoke too soon! I see some effects have dials and others don't!
Old 12-13-2018, 05:44 AM   #7
sjs94704

In my Fx window I have one listed that says 'video processor', but, what I don't have is the JT: Essential Video Controls listed in my Fx list. I'm sure there is some parameter somewhere that I need to set, so what do I?
Old 12-13-2018, 06:10 AM   #8
Eliseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs94704 View Post
In my Fx window I have one listed that says 'video processor', but, what I don't have is the JT: Essential Video Controls listed in my Fx list. I'm sure there is some parameter somewhere that I need to set, so what do I?
JT: Essential Video Controls is only a preset inside the video processor. You already wrote that you have found the drop down menu in video processor. Inside this list you find various presets for certain tasks. JT: Essential Video Controls is a preset which Jon from the reaperblog wrote. To get it, you have to subscribe his mailing list and download his ReaperStuff.

But you can do most of the things this preset offers with the default Track, opacity, zoom, pan preset
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #9
sjs94704

I got an email that says:

"REAPER Blog Newsletter: Subscription Confirmed"

I then hit the download button in the email and I downloaded a file called: reaperblog_downloads_12-10-2018

As instructed, I took the JT-Video-Processor-Presets.txt file and made my file called 'builtin_video_processor.ini' file. I used Notepad to do this.

I did not do anything to the original txt file at all. I just did a copy / paste. I then put this .ini file into my presets folder and is how the video processor file is showing up.

So, beyond making this .ini file as mentioned above, if there is another file I need to put in a directory somewhere, which one is it, what folder do I find it frok the download file and what folder do I put it in in Reaper?

If there are existing instruction of exactly what to do beyond making this .ini file for builtin_video_processor that is in this download I got then please show it to me !!

Otherwise, nothing is mentioned about how to do it.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:21 AM   #10
Eliseat

As you subscribed to Reaperblog I have sent you the code per PM.

Here is a short tutorial of how to insert a new preset. Once you know how to do, its easy peasy.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=213832
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote