Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-10-2020, 01:09 PM   #521
helgoboss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjunekim View Post
Sorry for my typo here. I recorded a screencast that shows the issue. Hope this clears the misunderstanding.

When the target is 50% or lower, the feedback transformation(reversal) behaves strangely, outputing 127 only.
This is tracked at GitHub issue 36.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piszpan View Post
A simple working example containing e.g. 3 pages/banks, each with 3 parameters would be enough. Of course made for some popular controller (BCR2000, X Touch Mini, Akai Midimix or Korg Nanokontrol) and for some free (or stock Reaper) plugin.

We could then paste this text into Realearn and see how exactly it should be done.
I'll definitely need support in this area because I've none of those controllers myself. But I could start creating such an example with e.g. a Midi Fighter Twister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherazad View Post
The new feature "Send Feedback after control" solves this problem as one would expect. When the button is released ReaLearn sends again a message to the control surface and the button is properly lit!

Wonderful, thanks a lot
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad it works for you now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohubohu View Post
Hello
I have this problem only in "touch" mode with Realearn. The automation curve points register with a bug. It is not linear.
See on the link the gif.
Have you ever heard of this problem please? thank you

https://www.loom.com/share/6a5b2dea8...3ab235367839ff
If you still suspect this is an issue with ReaLearn, feel free to open a bug ticket on ReaLearn's issue page at GitHub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Another issue I've noticed with Realearn is when I map to a VCA master fader, the VCA follow functions (fader, solo, mute, etc.) do not work. Is this a common issue?
It's possible that this doesn't work as I've never tried it myself. It's on the list now as issue 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchartrand View Post
I'm trying to save an FX chain that has mappings to Relearn. I save Realearn with the FX chain. My issue is that if I add the FX chain in other tracks that already have FXs, the mappings are all messed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not entirely sure what exactly you were trying to do. It would be great if you could open an issue at GitHub describing in detail how to reproduce this error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
My only struggle at this point is the solo mode in Realearn. It doesn't follow the preference settings for solo, or the default solo mode. (So anywhere a track is sent, be it a bus or parent folder doesn't follow the solo function).
This is not a feature yet. Could you open a feature request at GitHub please and describe the expected behavior / solo modes?
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:03 PM   #522
helgoboss

Side note: I'm happy to see that more and more persons seem to give ReaLearn a try these days. At the same time and not very surprisingly I receive an increasing amount of error reports. Right now I'm working on a major new feature for ReaLearn but once this is done I'll look into those errors and try to fix them. Thanks to everyone sending bug reports!
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:07 AM   #523
talustalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
Side note: I'm happy to see that more and more persons seem to give ReaLearn a try these days. At the same time and not very surprisingly I receive an increasing amount of error reports. Right now I'm working on a major new feature for ReaLearn but once this is done I'll look into those errors and try to fix them. Thanks to everyone sending bug reports!
Hi, and sorry to hijack you here but I can't see where else to contact you. I purchased Playtime, and midi clips seem to playback at different, random rates. eg 1.21, 2.72. etc... random, when launched.

Is this a bug that needs to be fixed?
talustalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:12 AM   #524
ChocolateHawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post

This is not a feature yet. Could you open a feature request at GitHub please and describe the expected behavior / solo modes?
Will do! Thanks so much. I'm going to drop a donation today. Realearn is all over and has made my life so much easier and tasks quicker.
ChocolateHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #525
Hartley Mays

Default pick action bug

I saw an issue opened in Github which I haven't seen referenced here in the forum about an abend occurring when using the action picker. I commented on it there and wanted to mention it in the forum also.

My experience with it was that I could use the action picker for "a while" but once the problem started, it would persist predictably even after recycling Reaper and Windows.

I'm on current release of SWS, Reaper, and Realearn but for now still on Windows 7.
Hartley Mays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:49 AM   #526
buschag

after installing repack and doing all the steps, when i go to browse packages, realearn isn't showing up. theres several hundred choices but not the realearn. am i missing something?
buschag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:10 AM   #527
Sherazad

Hello everyone,

What I'd like to do:
Midi map "Track Controls" with ReaLearn

What works:
Mapped a few knobs to action "Adjust Track FX Parameter X". When moving the knobs, the track parameters changes accordingly

What does not work:
If I change track and come back, all the controller values are reset to 0, causing parameter jump when I edit them again. I'd like to have midi feedback sent to the unit when I go back to my track so that the knobs value are set to the actual current value of the mapped Track Control

Does anybody have the same necessity and know a viable solution to this?
I would not like to to a "per effect" mapping, I would like to do a "per track" mapping where Track Controls can handle parameters for different effects.

Thank you
Sherazad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:04 AM   #528
jtayl711

Default ReaLearn: What to do if track numbers change?

I was told to post this here as it might get more attention from the developer...

I have an instance of ReaLearn with lots of mappings and it all worked beautifully. I have a Korg NanoKontrol that I was using to control the sends of 16 instruments to 12 different headphone mixes (12 * 16 = 192 mappings). It all worked really well until I changed the order of some tracks, inserted some here, removed others there, etc...Now I'm realizing that since ReaLearn references absolute track numbers (as opposed to track names) all my mappings are screwed up. Is there any relatively simple way to fix this and ideally prevent it from happening in the future. Is there a way to make ReaLearn reference track names instead of track numbers? I'm much more likely to change the order in which a track appears than its name. Can I possibly export all the mappings to some kind of CSV file and edit them in excel and then re-import?

Just trying to think of the simplest, least error prone way of doing this.

Thanks!
jtayl711 is offline   Reply With Quote