Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-13-2017, 01:31 AM   #1
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Default macOS: Trackpad scrolling unusable when editing a Custom Action

When editing or creating a Custom Action, this bug makes trackpad scrolling impossible on a MacBook: The scrolling is jerky beyond reason, and the scrolling mostly scrolls the wrong list.

On this Licecap:
- Scrolling on the Action Menu is fine including slow scrolling and inertia.
- Editing a Custom Action, but the scrolling still happens in the Action Menu window behind.
- After scrolling as fast as I can for a while, the correct list starts to scroll intermittently, but only after my fingers have left the trackpad (inertia). The major scrolling still happens in the wrong list.
- I click and move with arrow keys in the Action List in hope to gain focus, but issue remains.
- The list on the right tries to exhibit the rubberband scrolling when reaching the end,
but the overscrolling doesn't return to neutral automatically. Instead, the overscrolling increases slowly at every scroll.

Sometimes the scrolling ends up being fine, but I'm not sure wether it's the time the window has been open, or the amount of rapid scrolling like a madman.

https://imgur.com/a/H6wt3

Happens on Reaper 5.70 (from LoL), and 5.62, running on a MacBook Pro 15" 2013, macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Also happens on a fresh Reaper install. The issue dates back a long time and a plethora of Reaper and macOS updates and upgrades, and also on a MacBook Pro 15" 2010.

Last edited by mrelwood; 12-13-2017 at 01:39 AM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:49 AM   #2
EpicSounds

you might want to try turning off inertia for the system.

System preferences>Accessibility, Mouse and Trackpad, options… [✓] scrolling [without inertia]
Old 12-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
mrelwood

Thanks for the tip But unfortunately it didn't help with the issue. And with inertia there is a situation where only the inertia of the scrolling command function in the correct list. Without inertia, I don't seem to get the correct list to scroll at all.