Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 03-07-2023, 06:21 PM   #1
7enz
Human being with feelings

Default immediate focus on undocked scripts

i have transferred alot of my reaper template from Windows 10 over to Ventura...
and most of it works
there are little quirks which i have picked up, and for me personally it centres around as little mouse/keyboard interaction as possible.

i use midi-controllers to navigate where i can, and use scripts that will effectively remove mouse use where it can..

the problem is this:
if i bring the cycle-action editor undocked and have it focussed... on windows10 i could immediately use the keyboard or midi controller to navigate to the actions i had assigned to the cycle editor...
with Ventura this doesnt seem to behave the same way... and requires me to make a mouse click within the cycle action dock

any ideas on how to make focus without mouse clicking?
7enz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 08:23 PM   #2
7enz
Human being with feelings

okay i found a work-around....for the above problem..
its a case of me assigning a "Tab" keypress to a midi button and that tends to focus it properly... sometimes more "Tab" keypresses are needed to get the cursor focussed where it needs to be

it should be noted scripts are hit&miss concerning whether the keyboard or a midi controller can get focus immediately and where the immediate focus should be upon once bringing the script into focus!

Last edited by 7enz; 03-07-2023 at 09:38 PM.
7enz is offline   Reply With Quote