Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-23-2023, 02:00 PM   #81
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimebag View Post
Hi @EpicSounds is Michael Hartung always an active maintainer, at least about accepting PR/MR?

If not, could it be possible to transfer the ownership of the main project to an organization with people interested to do that?

I think it could be more useful to have everybody requesting PR on the main project.
Michael is not involved anymore. I just made contact with Jonathan to figure out next steps for updates and distribution. We'll probably copy it to GitHub and open up the issue tracker to community. I haven't found a way to contact Bobobo.
Old 05-30-2023, 01:22 PM   #82
amkangas

Default Region Manager

Hi

My band uses the Region Manager as a playlist to play with tracks live. I'd love the web gui to be able to replicate Reaper's basic Region Manager view with a simple transport as well.
amkangas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:33 AM   #83
bobobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
Michael is not involved anymore. I just made contact with Jonathan to figure out next steps for updates and distribution. We'll probably copy it to GitHub and open up the issue tracker to community. I haven't found a way to contact Bobobo.
i'd tried to use the forum messages to contact bobobo

i have took a cloned github repo of the meanwhole gone original and reapacked it so it isn't lost.

i don't know how this wrb thing runs in deep , but i could try to help.
bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:34 AM   #84
bobobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
if someone wanted to they could. I'm surprised no one has forked the project (that I've seen).
ahemm
Old 06-06-2023, 06:03 AM   #85
bobobo

and the playlist thing can be done a way when using the sws/s&m Actions for the region playlist.
not the editor itself but jumping arround in the playlist and play or stop isn't too difficult if knobs are enough.
Old 06-06-2023, 06:28 AM   #86
X-Raym

@bobobo
If I'm correct, you only have reupload the release, not the full source code ?

The original repo has way more files.

Also last time we check also there was an error with the package. I dont remember exactly but it sees you manually altered the index xml but the version hasnt been bump (version number and commit number)
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:30 AM   #87
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
i'd tried to use the forum messages to contact bobobo

i have took a cloned github repo of the meanwhole gone original and reapacked it so it isn't lost.

i don't know how this wrb thing runs in deep , but i could try to help.
oh hi!
I didn't realize you were on the forum
Old 06-06-2023, 08:44 AM   #88
Jae.Thomas

I'd love to have something that was similar to the "fancy" one, doesn't NEED to have the same graphics but the layout is nice...

but also the ability to have special buttons at the top, region skip, maybe some other things to help with recording vocals.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:31 PM   #89
bobobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@bobobo
If I'm correct, you only have reupload the release, not the full source code ?

The original repo has way more files.

Also last time we check also there was an error with the package. I dont remember exactly but it sees you manually altered the index xml but the version hasnt been bump (version number and commit number)
i released what i had. and have no problem in running it.

in this minutes i have installed a naked reaper (linux), installed sws and reapack with default selection plus the actual wrb. and it works .
reaper control surface/osc/web control, loading the reaperwrb_2.html. i had to change the default port here. but loading the url in the browser and i have all at my fingertips.
dont know what is missing. ok, finding actions from the sws/s&m does not work, i think it is because of the & in the name . the jon's video about the wrb 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YItmciFohvY&t=34
is still valid.
this https://reaper.blog/reaperwrb-open-source/ too
and i cloned what i found there to make my reapack repo. as michael isn't maintaining the reapack repo anymore i had the fear the original code from https://gitlab.com/michaelklier/reaperwrb-2019 would vanish too. so i cloned it and cloned and edited the repack index stuff too, l. letting all links to michael alive as long as it makes sense. and stuff that isn't needed to run the reapack repo.

interesting stuff in the code i haven't cloned, a npm/vue developement environment to create the wrb stuff. i will try to get this running.(*) but as said, its not needed for the wrb in the reapack.

greetings

@jae , you can push the looks of the wrb into every direction you like. and putting reaper actions on knobs is like putting reaper actions on toolbars.

@jon, hi there

(*) tried it and got so much deprecated messages . no fun with this old npm/vue code nowadays . how i hate those deep dependency stuff i guess it's coded for the bin and good that we have the actual wrb running ..

Last edited by bobobo; 06-07-2023 at 02:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:21 AM   #90
FleshIsFlawed

I'm just now seeing theres finally been some movement on ReaperWRB, but im having a little trouble understanding whats changed, or how to update?

I'm a little hesitant to update if theres no important features for me, because most everything is working great.

My main desire is an expanded icon set, or icon import method. Settings for font, button/tab background image, and button/tab size would all help quite a bit too.

I don't really use WRB much for tracking, more as an alternative to toolbars for arranging, production, composition, etc. So i suspect the updates won't change much for me.

Still, I'm glad to see some progress on this thing.
FleshIsFlawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 08:46 AM   #91
bobobo

the movement is only externally (save path for repo and stuff) internally it is all the same (i hope)