Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 AM   #1521
Jeffos
Mortal

@IXix
agreed.. Time to launch VS and help yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
SWS/S&M: Paste routings to selected tracks
It will only pastes routing to the one upper most track of selected tracks. It would be nice if it would paste to all selected tracks.
hey Tod, this is "by design": S&M paste sends/receives/routings actions just paste routings respectively, as they were copied. I mean, say you have:
- track 1 with a set of routings a
- track 2 with a set of routings b
- track 3 with a set of routings c
- track 4 with a set of routings d

Now say you copy those routings from tracks 1 and 2 and paste them to tracks 3 and 4

(1) You will get:
- track 3's routings = c+a
- track 4's routings = d+b

^^ i.e. multi-track support, another reason is SWS smart copy/cut/paste actions that are also based on this code: they copy/paste tracks (or items/envs but that's another story) with *all* their respective routings (contrary to native copy/paste tracks).

(2) What you describe would lead to this kind of paste:
=> track 3's routings = c+a+b
=> track 4's routings = d+a+b

_______

That being said, as this "issue" is often reported (SWS Issues 174, 506 & other threads) and since these reports can make sense, I'll update routing actions for the next build like:
(1) when copying routings from x tracks / pasting to x tracks -OR- (2) when copying routings from x tracks / pasting to y tracks

(^^ looks complicated but I think it's intuitive..)

Last edited by Jeffos; 10-31-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:22 AM   #1522
IXix
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
@IXix
agreed.. Time to launch VS and help yourself?
Absolutely. Just thought I should see if anyone disagreed before I start messing around.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:41 AM   #1523
TonE

Just read in whatsnew.txt for sws extension 2.3.0.7:

+Issue 517: SWS/S&M: Open selected item path in explorer/finder

Is following also possible?
SWS/SadoMaso: Copy selected item path to clipboard

Background: Copying especially linked midi items path to clipboard would allow also processing those items externally, comfortably, as a part of bigger custom action sequences. So if necessary, you would OFFLINE those item first, then externally process it, ONLINE the item again, again you would see and hear the updated/changed item. I think now we can get items path also by navigating to item properties and so on, somewhere there, but having a comfortable action is more elegant. The item path should be a precise path pointing to the items .mid file exactly, not only the directory where this file is sitting.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #1524
chriscomfort

This may be very old news, or an easy fix, so please forgive me. I've recently started doing my audio work on my Macbook Pro OS 10.7.4 with Reaper 4.30 rc1 32 bit and SWS Extensions 2.3.0 #6. (Previously on my XP 32-bit SP3 desktop before it died). The S&M Notes for Track and Project don't seem to work. I'll type a note in for a selected track, go to another track and then back to the first and my note is gone. Any thoughts? Also, mine is a portable Reaper install on my main OSX disk.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #1525
Reflected

Default Action request: "Randomize Offset for selected item(s)"

I'm looking for offset actions like: Randomize/move/reset offset for selected items

possible already?
can you help with this?
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #1526
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscomfort View Post
This may be very old news, or an easy fix, so please forgive me. I've recently started doing my audio work on my Macbook Pro OS 10.7.4 with Reaper 4.30 rc1 32 bit and SWS Extensions 2.3.0 #6. (Previously on my XP 32-bit SP3 desktop before it died). The S&M Notes for Track and Project don't seem to work. I'll type a note in for a selected track, go to another track and then back to the first and my note is gone. Any thoughts? Also, mine is a portable Reaper install on my main OSX disk.
can't repro.. all is ok (OSX 10.7.4 here too).
chriscomfort, please can you enter an issue in the sws tracker: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/issues/list ? (I am thinking to a loosy "OSX portable install": possible on OSX but requires hand tweak..)
Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #1527
chriscomfort

Quote:
can't repro.. all is ok (OSX 10.7.4 here too).
chriscomfort, please can you enter an issue in the sws tracker: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/issues/list ? (I am thinking to a loosy "OSX portable install": possible on OSX but requires hand tweak..)
Okay. Thank you Jeffos, for looking into it. I'll do that.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #1528
nofish

I stumbled about something strange with snapshots and automated sends which makes snapshots unusable for me currently.

http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...ummary%20Stars

Would someone be so kind and see if he could reproduce ?
Thanks.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #1529
IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
I stumbled about something strange with snapshots and automated sends which makes snapshots unusable for me currently.

http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...ummary%20Stars

Would someone be so kind and see if he could reproduce ?
Thanks.
Yup. Good catch. That's a serious problem!
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #1530
nofish

Thanks for checking and confirming.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #1531
CaptainHook

Doesn't the same thing happen with volume automation? I've noticed it on fx returns that i've automated in one session, copied a snapshot to another session and the FX return is at '0db' instead of being much lower and of course missing the automation.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #1532
mrelwood

I have an issue with Auto Color when using Sws Extensions 2.3.0.9 on Reaper 4.32pre6.

When setting colors for several rules, the fastest and the most accurate way for me is to type the color codes by hand (for example "0x869b32"). This is no longer possible with Sws 2.3.0.9, the color will fall back to the previous setting when pressing enter or clicking elsewhere.

I used to use SWS Extensions 2.2.0.17, in which the manual entering worked.
__

Another issues were revealed when looking for workarounds for the above bug:

When choosing the color with HSB Sliders, enter values 359, 80 and 40 for the HSB respectively. Close the slider window and the new color is stored. Open up the color window for the same rule again, and the HSB values have changed to 356, 84 and 32.

Yet another issue that slows down the coloring quite bit is that the sample color in the color adjustment window is way off. For the color above it will appear almost black. The actual track color for the values above will be medium to bright red.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #1533
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
I have an issue with Auto Color when using Sws Extensions 2.3.0.9 on Reaper 4.32pre6.

When setting colors for several rules, the fastest and the most accurate way for me is to type the color codes by hand (for example "0x869b32"). This is no longer possible with Sws 2.3.0.9, the color will fall back to the previous setting when pressing enter or clicking elsewhere.

I used to use SWS Extensions 2.2.0.17, in which the manual entering worked.
__

Another issues were revealed when looking for workarounds for the above bug:

When choosing the color with HSB Sliders, enter values 359, 80 and 40 for the HSB respectively. Close the slider window and the new color is stored. Open up the color window for the same rule again, and the HSB values have changed to 356, 84 and 32.

Yet another issue that slows down the coloring quite bit is that the sample color in the color adjustment window is way off. For the color above it will appear almost black. The actual track color for the values above will be medium to bright red.
thanks for the report, in place color edition will be fixed in the next build.
for the HSB thing, I think it is normal, your values are incorrect and the color picker just "fix" them (it is OS dependant BTW, i.e. not part of the extension)
Old 01-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #1534
Edufighter

Default Copy and Paste Routings

Hi,
Is the "copy selected track routings" supposed to copy also track channels and Parent Channels? copying sends and sends routing work but not these parameters. Is there any way to set track channels or parent channels across multiple tracks? I'm mixing 5.1 tracks coming from stereo sessions and all the re-routing is very time consuming.
Thank you very much, I'm a BIG fan of the extensions.
Edufighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #1535
DarkDigital

Hi. is there a way to select region 'n'. I mean time selected it. not just go to region 'n'. but also select it at same time. there is actions sws:go to /select next region and sws:go to/select previous region. But I can find go to/select region 'n'.
DarkDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #1536
mrelwood

How do I update to the latest SWS Extensions without losing my AutoColor rules?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #1537
Tod

Quote:
hey Tod, this is "by design": S&M paste sends/receives/routings actions just paste routings respectively, as they were copied. I mean, say you have:
- track 1 with a set of routings a
- track 2 with a set of routings b
- track 3 with a set of routings c
- track 4 with a set of routings d

Now say you copy those routings from tracks 1 and 2 and paste them to tracks 3 and 4

(1) You will get:
- track 3's routings = c+a
- track 4's routings = d+b

^^ i.e. multi-track support, another reason is SWS smart copy/cut/paste actions that are also based on this code: they copy/paste tracks (or items/envs but that's another story) with *all* their respective routings (contrary to native copy/paste tracks).

(2) What you describe would lead to this kind of paste:
=> track 3's routings = c+a+b
=> track 4's routings = d+a+b
I'm sorry Jeffos, I didn't see this till now.

I should have mentioned that I have the paste set up as a macro that deletes the current routing before pasteing. That's okay, now that I understand it's meant that way there's no problem.

I do have another question though.

A while back I edited a file that gave me more slots for saving and setting CC lanes. I'm sure I edited it with notepad and I thought this was an ini file but I can't find it now.

What file would that be and where would it be?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #1538
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edufighter View Post
Hi,
Is the "copy selected track routings" supposed to copy also track channels and Parent Channels?
no...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDigital View Post
Hi. is there a way to select region 'n'. I mean time selected it. not just go to region 'n'. but also select it at same time. there is actions sws:go to /select next region and sws:go to/select previous region. But I can find go to/select region 'n'.
what you ask would not cost much.. but, just in case your idea behind this FR is to seek and loop region n in a live context (?) check out the Region Playlist: details here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
A while back I edited a file that gave me more slots for saving and setting CC lanes. I'm sure I edited it with notepad and I thought this was an ini file but I can't find it now.

What file would that be and where would it be?
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...786#post984786
^^ BTW Tod, check out our new about box: there is a new "What's new?" button in there which generates an HTML changlog with useful links like that
Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #1539
Tod

Quote:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...786#post984786
^^ BTW Tod, check out our new about box: there is a new "What's new?" button in there which generates an HTML changlog with useful links

like that
Thanks Jeffos, I thought that's where it should be but when I saw this it confused me because that's not how I remembered it looking. I guess it now shows how I've got it set up in the Midi Editor, right?

Quote:
[MIDI_EDITOR]
CC_LANES_SLOT1=VELLANE 2 140 0|VELLANE 1 140 0|VELLANE 7 76 0|VELLANE -1 55 0
CC_LANES_SLOT2=VELLANE 4 111 0|VELLANE 3 98 0|VELLANE 7 99 0|VELLANE -1 120 0
CC_LANES_SLOT3=VELLANE 5 111 0|VELLANE 9 98 0|VELLANE 7 99 0|VELLANE -1 120 0
CC_LANES_SLOT4=VELLANE 16 131 0|VELLANE 8 127 0|VELLANE 26 133 0|VELLANE 19 136 0
CC_LANES_SLOT5=VELLANE 5 111 0|VELLANE 9 98 0|VELLANE 7 99 0|VELLANE -1 120 0
CC_LANES_SLOT6=VELLANE 11 85 0|VELLANE 12 85 0|VELLANE 13 85 0|VELLANE 14 85 0|VELLANE 15 85 0
CC_LANES_SLOT7=VELLANE 2 54 0|VELLANE 1 55 0|VELLANE 7 263 0|VELLANE -1 55 0
CC_LANES_SLOT8=VELLANE 7 282 0|VELLANE -1 54 0
CC_LANES_SLOT9=VELLANE 1 127 0|VELLANE 11 127 0|VELLANE 2 127 0|VELLANE 12 105 0
CC_LANES_SLOT10=VELLANE 3 127 0|VELLANE 13 127 0|VELLANE 4 127 0|VELLANE 14 105 0
CC_LANES_SLOT11=VELLANE 14 139 0|VELLANE 13 139 0|VELLANE 12 139 0|VELLANE 11 140 0|VELLANE -1 135 0
CC_LANES_SLOT12=VELLANE 64 88 0|VELLANE -1 138 0
Also thanks for the "Whats New" tip.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #1540
plamuk

killer new beta, guys!!! (sorry, posted in wrong forum)

Code:
Added actions:
+SWS/S&M: Set project startup action
+SWS/S&M: Clear project startup action
super badass. now i can send project-specific midi configuration files to my hardware on project load instead of having to do it manually.

Last edited by plamuk; 01-31-2013 at 02:15 PM.
plamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #1541
Jeffos
Mortal

hahaha! thanks nym

@Tod
sorry, not sure I follow you.. so, just in case.. as said in the link, if you need more CC lane "slot actions", you have to tweak the section [NbOfActions] (not [MIDI_EDITOR]) and more specially those 2 lines:
Code:
[NbOfActions]
; Set the number of actions you want below. Quit REAPER first!
; Unless specified (e.g. "[n <= 32!]"), the maximum number of actions is 99. To hide/remove actions: 0.
S&M_MESETCCLANES=4                       ; Active MIDI Editor - Restore displayed CC lanes, slot n
S&M_MESAVECCLANES=4                      ; Active MIDI Editor - Save displayed CC lanes, slot n
note to self: I guess it's time to add (yet another) window for this :/
Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #1542
Tod

Quote:
@Tod
sorry, not sure I follow you.. so, just in case.. as said in the link, if you need more CC lane "slot actions", you have to tweak the section [NbOfActions] (not [MIDI_EDITOR]) and more specially those 2 lines:
Code:
[NbOfActions]
; Set the number of actions you want below. Quit REAPER first!
; Unless specified (e.g. "[n <= 32!]"), the maximum number of actions is 99. To hide/remove actions: 0.
S&M_MESETCCLANES=4                       ; Active MIDI Editor - Restore displayed CC lanes, slot n
S&M_MESAVECCLANES=4                      ; Active MIDI Editor - Save displayed CC lanes, slot n
note to self: I guess it's time to add (yet another) window for this :/
Aah, okay, that's more like it. I just didn't go far enough down in the file.

Thanks again Jeffos.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #1543
musicbynumbers

Excellent bits there guys! going to enjoy using the item notes to markers action!

Did you guys get any further with the system you were implementing with the ability to replace the names in the text of items and track names? can#t wait for that!
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #1544
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
going to enjoy using the item notes to markers action!
May I inquire what will you use it for? It's there to ease tempo mapping with midi, but if it has other uses, great, me happy!
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #1545
DarkDigital

Quote:
what you ask would not cost much.. but, just in case your idea behind this FR is to seek and loop region n in a live context (?) check out the Region Playlist: details here
thanks for reply...yes I know about Region Playlist and "infinite" loops function. It's super cool But I'd like to ''time select'' region also. It's for ''live recording'' while performing live.. I'd like to hit rec button on controller and start recording exactly on chosen region in overdub mode for example...
DarkDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #1546
Andywanders

Default Request

Would it be possible to have the Groove Tool INSIDE the MIDI Editor - Docked..?

Andy M. VST
Andywanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #1547
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywanders View Post
Would it be possible to have the Groove Tool INSIDE the MIDI Editor - Docked..?
Hey Andy, we've seen the issue in the SWS tracker, thanks! did not have the time to reply..
Unfortunately, we cannot do this ATM. And, to add MIDI toolbar buttons (your other FR), we would "just" have to register related sws actions in the MIDI sections of the action list, which is not possible with the current API either (so, in short, the only thing you can do is to support this FR: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2704 :/)

@ DarkDigital: ok, will add..
Old 02-12-2013, 04:47 AM   #1548
Andywanders

Thanks for the reply Jeffos.

Andy M. VST
Andywanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #1549
HighVoltage

I would like an action to "put selected tracks in a newly created folder track" As far as im concerned i can't do this now.

(or a "create new track above first selected track" would help )
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #1550
cyrilfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
I would like an action to "put selected tracks in a newly created folder track" As far as im concerned i can't do this now.

(or a "create new track above first selected track" would help )
Have you looked at this custom action? http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=110918
cyrilfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #1551
HighVoltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilfb View Post
Have you looked at this custom action? http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=110918
Thanks!! I must be seriously blind. I have searched for that Insert track above option, but couldn't find it. Thx again.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #1552
HighVoltage

Is it possible to implement a shortcut to Toggle TCP on/off?
It's already there basically, if you double click the TCP separator from the Arranger. But a keyboard shortcut would be of tremendous help when editing.

--------------------------------------------
Alternatively a shortcut to "Select Next Screenset" which loops back to the first if the last one is selected. Then one could define various screen settings, and toggle between them.

*EDIT:
Oh shit Never mind this last one! Just realized the Cycle action window!!!!
This opens up a whole new world!!!!! YAY!

Thanks for your work, this extension is the only thing that finally made me switch to reaper.

Last edited by HighVoltage; 02-21-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #1553
RJHollins

?Question Please?

Can SWS access the 'Parameter Modulation' functions of Reaper ??

Thanks
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #1554
politcat

request...

it can be tedious to change an automation envelope with the mouse so reaconsole would make it easy for 1dB adjustments

i mean adjusting the automation fader so that the entire envelope is changed

thx!
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #1555
Susan G

Default SWS Resource Theme extension

Hi-

Can the SWS Resource Window for themes be updated to include files with the extension .ReaperTheme as pointed out by White Tie here: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...75&postcount=3

Thanks-

-Susan
Susan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #1556
XITE-1/4LIVE

Thanks for the new stuff..

!v2.3.0 #14 (March 23, 2013)
Cycle Actions (CAs)
+Improved timing when performing CAs
+Issue 550: CAs can now contain <i>other</i> CAs, recursively
+The character comma (,) can now be used in CONSOLE instructions
+Added instruction ELSE
+Improved toggle states reporting
- CAs can now either report fake toggle states (like it was before v2.3.0 #9) or real ones (i.e. toggle state of the first relevant "sub-action")
This ensures transparent upgrades from older versions. This toggle state is configurable in the column "Toggle" of the editor, see details https://stash.reaper.fm/15681/S%26M_C...lets.jpg|here|.
- Better initialization for CAs that report real toggle states (i.e. <b>avoid to run some of them one time before they sync properly</b>)
+Editor: display MIDI action names (with REAPER >= v4.33pre16)
+Editor: new menu items to cut/copy/paste commands (works accross CAs)
+Editor: new menu item to explode CAs, custom actions (i.e. macros) and ReaConsole actions into individual actions
This simplifies/helps exporting/sharing such actions with other users (before this version you had to share
other files like .ReaperKeyMap, etc.. Now, you just have to export a file where all CAs have been "exploded")
+Editor tweaks: added CA text filter, more helpful messages (again), etc...
+Fixed missing undo points for CONSOLE commands (when the option "Consolidate undo points" was disabled)
+Removed tooltips updates for toolbar buttons (not sure anyone ever used this)
Note: when the option "Consolidate undo points" is enabled, steps like !blabla or !foo still provide distinct undo point names ("Undo foo", "Undo blabla")

Live Configs
+Ignore preload over the current/active track
+Improved action learn: prompt to replace current bindings or to add a new binding (with REAPER >= v4.33pre20)
+Monitoring windows: improved redraw + click the "CURRENT" panel to show/hide the "PRELOAD" one
+Fixed Cut command and corner-cases

Snapshot improvements: (Thanks for the contributions, Chris!)
+Added Previous and Next buttons for navigating snapshots and added associated actions
+Added Move Up & Down buttons for re-ordering snapshots list and added similar actions
+Added Notes field (limited to 100 characters)
+Changed the way snapshots are deleted so the sort column remains continuously numbered

Added actions:
+Issue 543: SWS/S&M: Go to/select region n (obeys smooth seek)
where 'n' is in [1; 4], http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...6|customizable in the S&M.ini file|, up to 99 actions/regions
+Issue 307: actions to increase/decrease the metronome volume (by steps of ~ 0.15dB)
SWS/S&M: Increase metronome volume
SWS/S&M: Decrease metronome volume
+SWS/BR: Move closest tempo marker to edit cursor

Other:
+"SWS: Minimize selected track(s)" now returns a toggle state:
reports ON if the selected track (or all selected tracks) is (are) minimized
+ReaConcole: reduced minimum height and margins
+S&M project startup actions: tweaks to support theme switching on project load (details http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...count=18|here|)

Fixes:
+<b>OSX 10.7+ / S&M Notes window: fixed refresh issues, thanks chriscomfort!</b>
+OSX 10.7+ x64: fixed list views being right aligned
+All S&M windows: fixed button display for some themes (e.g. http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...unt=169|Apollo theme|)
+Fixed action "SWS/S&M: Open project path in explorer/finder"
This action was opening the project's parent folder, not the project's folder
+About box: fixed disabled button in update checker in certain instances
+ReaMote: fixed unexpected "Version Incompatibility" error message
Old 03-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #1557
G-Sun

Thanks a lot!
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #1558
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Hi
Thank you
WHere do you download the latest installer ?
(The SWS website says that the last update is from August 2012 : is there a new location for recent updates ?).
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #1559
mabian

http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/downloads/list

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #1560
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Thank you, Mabian
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote