Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #241
Nixon
Human being with feelings

I would find it very cool if ReaPack could also handle something like these sibelius action lists http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=177142 What do you guys think?

Or the reaper language packs

Last edited by Nixon; 11-06-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:56 PM   #242
cfillion

LangPacks support would be great! I did some initial testing and they seem to behave well with ReaPack. Also REAPER detects them immediately, just like themes.

KeyMap files are different as they overwrite user settings. ReaPack could download/update them but users would still have to manually re-import them after each update to apply the changes...

Last edited by cfillion; 11-08-2016 at 08:12 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #243
nofish

edit:
Solved, see below.

=== original post ===

Hi cfillion,

to let you know, today I ran 'Synchronize packages' (currently on Reapack v1.1rc2, R5.29pre1, 32bit) and get this:

What to do ?

Thanks.

Last edited by nofish; 11-11-2016 at 10:14 AM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #244
ELP

manually delete the previous created backup file.
There must be one within the install folder (....AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ReaPack\old_reaper_rea pack64.dll.tmp)

This seems to be a little bug, that if there is already one backup file, that this one can´t be overwritten/renamed if you would upgrade from XX version... so this error occur

---
wie geschrieben, zuvor manuell diese Backup Datei löschen. Danach klappt das Update wieder ohne Fehler. Da du scheint´s x86 nutzt, lautet der Datei Name bei dir wohl "old_reaper_reapack32.dll.tmp"

Last edited by ELP; 11-11-2016 at 09:14 AM.
ELP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #245
Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
...to let you know, today I ran 'Synchronize packages'...
Happened to me also a few days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELP View Post
...manually delete the previous created backup file...
I did this too when it happened. (If I remember right, I renamed it to "reaper_reapack64.dllXXX" in UserPlugins)

Today it worked (few minutes ago)

W10x64, v5.28pre7x64

Just to tell,

Peter
Old 11-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #246
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELP View Post
manually delete the previous created backup file.
There must be one within the install folder (....AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ReaPack\old_reaper_rea pack64.dll.tmp)
I'm on a portable install, so it was in [Reaper install dir]\ReaPack.
Deleting "old_reaper_reapack32.dll.tmp" there did the trick. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:27 PM   #247
cfillion

Thanks for reporting this! Fixed for the next release. (It broke in v1.1rc2 when I moved the cached index files to the "cache" subdirectory)

EDIT: v1.1rc4 has the fix.

Last edited by cfillion; 11-15-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:04 AM   #248
EvilDragon

This is a really great effort, I must say.

One thing I'm not fond of is inconsistencies in naming of various scripts (a lot of them have the user prefix, a lot of them don't), and/or author names written in multiple ways (for example mpl, MPL, Michael Pilyavski (mpl), or JamesHE vs James H Eure, or HeDa vs Hector Corcin (HeDa).

Once this is all consolidated it'll be spiffy!
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:36 AM   #249
X-Raym

@EvilDragon
ReaScripts naming conventions is such a big deal that it will be the subject of the next ReaComics ^^
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:05 AM   #250
EvilDragon

That's alright

I still think it'd be nice if it were all consistent, don't you think?
Old 11-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #251
Pet

Hi cfillion,
today I tried to install "reapack-index-1.1rc5.exe", but the installation failed.
I got this message (btw not possible to read, but copy to clipboard worked)
Here it is:
Quote:
Installing reapack-index... (this can take a while)
Execute: gem install reapack-index --version=1.1rc5
ERROR: Could not find a valid gem 'reapack-index' (= 1.1rc5), here is why:
Unable to download data from https://rubygems.org/ - SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed (https://api.rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)

`gem install reapack-index --version=1.1rc5` failed with exit code 2
Installation aborted.

Avast Free first stopped the installation, but after "unblocking" and adding it to the "Allow-List" no change.
I'm on Win10Pro64, reaper529pre6_x64. I have no idea what could be wrong...

It's not bothering me very much, just wanted to tell. Or maybe it is on my side?

Peter
Old 11-17-2016, 06:37 PM   #252
cfillion

This is a RubyGems bug on Windows. It can be fixed by updating RubyGems or updating to Ruby 2.3.2. I'm waiting for the latter to be available for Windows to update reapack-index's installer.

In the meantime the simplest workaround is to download this file manually: https://rubygems.org/downloads/reapack-index-1.1rc5.gem and run "gem install Path\To\reapack-index-1.1rc5.gem" from a command prompt.

Last edited by cfillion; 11-17-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #253
Pet

Ha, that was quick!
But this time I get:
Quote:
D:\_Downloads\Musik\Reaper DLs\ReaPack>gem install Path\To\reapack-index-1.1rc5.gem
ERROR: Could not find a valid gem 'Path\To\reapack-index-1.1rc5.gem' (>= 0), here is why:
Unable to download data from https://rubygems.org/ - SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed (https://api.rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)
I'm on Ruby 2.3.1 ATM. It was installed during the first installation of ReaPack - if I remember right.
I followed your link to the Ruby page, I will see if I get it updated. Hopefully there's not too much coding parlance going on, I know nothing about that...

Thanks so far!
Peter
Old 11-17-2016, 07:04 PM   #254
cfillion

You need to replace "Path\To" with the actual path to the directory where you saved the file. If it's in the current directory just do "gem install reapack-index-1.1rc5.gem".

I see you have created themes – if those are what you wish to distribute through ReaPack, I recommend uploading to the ReaTeam Themes repository rather than using reapack-index to create your own. It's pre-configured for users and less work for you.

Last edited by cfillion; 11-17-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #255
Pet

Quote:
...You need to replace "Path\To" with the actual path to...
You see, what a complete layman I am. It's 3:20 a.m. here in germany, I think I should not do that right now, for this I'm probably to tired. I spent the whole day at the PC to get the ReaMenus translated to german and I know that Mike made some cool stuff at github to get this easier and quicker done, but I don't twig these things. But once started, I cannot quit. I will have a close look at the link you posted and am curious, what will happen.

BTW, thanks for asking, I actually would like to offer my theme-mod through ReaPack, I was on github and had a look, but I thought it is a WIP and your upload was just a test. I will contact you if I may.

For now many thanks for the quick help!

Good night!

[EDIT]: Ha, success!!
Quote:
D:\_Downloads\Musik\Reaper DLs\ReaPack>gem install reapack-index-1.1rc5.gem
Fetching: metaheader-1.3.gem (100%)
Successfully installed metaheader-1.3
Successfully installed reapack-index-1.1rc5
Parsing documentation for metaheader-1.3
Installing ri documentation for metaheader-1.3
Parsing documentation for reapack-index-1.1rc5
Installing ri documentation for reapack-index-1.1rc5
Done installing documentation for metaheader, reapack-index after 1 seconds
2 gems installed

Last edited by Pet; 11-17-2016 at 08:37 PM. Reason: report success
Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:58 AM   #256
instinctual jealousy

I can't believe I missed this. I might have to give it a shot in a bit. I've kinda been lacking for inspiration as of late, who knows. It's not like reascripts are magical, but still. I'm pumped for some reason. What did you guys put in the air? Drugs?
Old 11-22-2016, 10:18 AM   #257
X-Raym

Quote:
Originally Posted by instinctual jealousy
What did you guys put in the air? Drugs?
Hope.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:10 AM   #258
X-Raym

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym
Wait

ReaComics - 033 - ReaPack Feedback

Dedicated to cfllion !! :P

@EvilDragon
Here is the strip about scripts naming :P
ReaComics - ReaComics - 032 - Naming a Script

Enjoy !
Old 12-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #259
EvilDragon

I laughed

(But I'd still love to see all the scripts consistently named, ehehe )
Old 12-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #260
MoarnWiis

Again !!
Thanks,
MoarnWiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #261
Mordi

Bug report:
Initial download of .xml files showed "Downloading...120%", for just a split second.
Mordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #262
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
Bug report:
Initial download of .xml files showed "Downloading...120%", for just a split second.
Thanks for reporting! It's a known issue of ReaPack v1.0. The fix will be included in v1.1. If you'd like to try it out early, you can get the latest pre-release straight from the package browser (search for ReaPack and select Versions/v1.1rc5).

Last edited by cfillion; 12-20-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #263
Mordi

I just made a pull request. I hope did it right, but I'm not very used to GitHub's ways yet.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:16 AM   #264
Germps112

If i dont ant to connect my production pc to internet, how can install this, they make things so complex.. so many options but on seems to me easy apply
Germps112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 03:57 AM   #265
cfillion

It only needs internet access for the time required to install and/or update the REAPER resources you select.

If having the PC online for a few minutes is not possible in your setup, another way is to use ReaPack on a second (online) computer and copy the installed resources over to the offline computer. REAPER has a built-in feature for exporting/importing in its Preferences window which can help with this process.

Last edited by cfillion; 12-25-2016 at 04:19 AM.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:14 AM   #266
mschnell

cfillion,

As you know I am a big fan of ReaPack, and while I don't have the internet access issue in that dramatic way, I also avoid using the Internet on a productive Music PC, too.

I think it would be a very decent way to integrate ReaPack in Reaper or at least install it by default, so that the additional packages can easily be pulled.

But I do see that this needs to be supported without internet access as well in a user friendly way.

E.g. have set an "offline" mode with ReaPack and here it will read and create certain files that can be downloaded and used for downloading stuff on another PC in a rather automatic (disregarding the file transport) way.

Thanks for listening,
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:47 AM   #267
airon

For the scripts one could do the transfer via configs.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #268
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
For the scripts one could do the transfer via configs.
For best user experience, I vote for standard method used for anything managed by ReaPack.

-Michael
Old 12-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #269
groover 101

First up, thanks to cfillion for his great work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by groover 101 View Post
Yeah reapack, you mean all I gotta do is connect my 2 yr old unvirusprotected dedicated DAW to the net in order to get this stuff, thanks for nothing I guess...

was nice window shopping though.
This was a comment about nowhere in the OP is it mentioned that a net connection is needed, I bought my w7 Dell with browsers and other non audio stuff uninstalled [custom install] I took time out of a busy schedule to DL Reapack on a phone, transfer it across and spend 30 dumbass minutes figuring out the net connect option [or so I thought] was in fact THE modus operandi of Reapack. So the partial meltdown was bc of that simple omission in the OP* that cost me unnecessary time and effort.

*Please realize an idiot is someone who doesn't know something you learned yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by James HE View Post
So i guess you never update REAPER either? You could use another machine to get the updates. Save the configuration (be sure to include scripts and JSFX). Then import it to your DAW.
Yes I transfer Reaper updates, vst's etc. via USB from tablet and phone but cant access the net directly from PC through those android devices. Stuff like Kontakt, Sgear and the rest of it I use offline activation method.
Thanks for the other info, although mshnell is suggesting there may be some issues with that, you see, that's the sort of stuff I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
Turn on your virus software and quit whining, i guess..?
After the time already lost, I hadn't the patience for long-winded explanations such as I'm obligated to furnish now that the kangaroo court is in full session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
groover 101
Wait.
Nice, and there I was constantly checking the thread in case someone would take pity on a computer fool who was finding activating Reapack somewhat frustrating. As I said, all of this could have been avoided by a simple statement in the OP "requires net [DAW] connection" -it wasn't until I'd gone through all the hoops that this became painfully evident, so I repeat, the issue is not that a net connection is required and that some ingrate is whining, it's that it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the thread, [I rhed the entire thread up to that point] so my complaint should be rhed as "Please edit OP to inform that a net connection is required, not just to DL Reapack, but to install Reapack itself, thank you"
groover 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #270
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
E.g. have set an "offline" mode with ReaPack and here it will read and create certain files that can be downloaded and used for downloading stuff on another PC in a rather automatic (disregarding the file transport) way.
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by that. What benefit would that "offline mode" feature have over just exporting the resources in a .ReaperConfigZip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groover 101 View Post
so my complaint should be rhed as "Please edit OP to inform that a net connection is required, not just to DL Reapack, but to install Reapack itself, thank you"
That post does mention "ReaPack is a new extension for handling the download, installation and update of ..." in the very first sentence though.

Last edited by cfillion; 12-26-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:46 PM   #271
groover 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
That post does mention "ReaPack is a new extension for handling the download, installation and update of ..." in the very first sentence though.
Yes it's stated that Reapack can do those 3 things but imo doesn't spell out definitively that installation mode is reliant upon the download [something] step from the DAW. Heres how my idiot mind saw it, "oh, theres already scripts in the Reapack downloadable file, I'll run that and at least get those by installing Reapack" It's an easy enough mistake for a logical tech moron such as myself to make, I'm proof of that.

Anyways thanks for the info about the config files etc, I will be doing that method quite soon [even though my two other windows machines beside android devices require mobile usb bb startup account] as these are really great scripts, you could even take as a compliment that I got a bit outta line there, if I didn't place a good value on them, I wouldn't have bothered about it in the first place. I'll even send a few dollars your way sometime in the near future if and when I get it running ok, cheers.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:23 AM   #272
Mordi

If you want all the scripts, you can download them from the github repository here:
https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScripts

Download it and put it on a USB stick. Then you would at least have a searchable, neatly placed collection of scripts on your machine.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:53 AM   #273
Lokasenna

Slightly OT question, but I don't have anywhere else to ask it:

I save new versions of my scripts as "blah v1.lua", "blah v2.lua", etc. When I was uploading things to the Stash, it would automatically rename them to "blah.lua" for me.

Does Github have any similar functionality? Currently the easiest way I've found to update a file is to open it here, Select All, Copy, then open the file for editing on Github, Select All, Paste. It seems a little silly.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #274
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Slightly OT question, but I don't have anywhere else to ask it:

I save new versions of my scripts as "blah v1.lua", "blah v2.lua", etc. When I was uploading things to the Stash, it would automatically rename them to "blah.lua" for me.

Does Github have any similar functionality? Currently the easiest way I've found to update a file is to open it here, Select All, Copy, then open the file for editing on Github, Select All, Paste. It seems a little silly.
A common way is that you clone your GitHub repo to a local repo, make changes to the local repo and then commit and push these changes back to the GitHub repo.

I use SourceTree as GitHub frontend, maybe this video helps (probably more useful than if I'm trying to explain myself):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq32Ifx0bXw
Old 12-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #275
Lokasenna

I'm using the ReaTeam repo though, so that's not an option.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #276
nofish

Ah ok, assumed it's about your own repo.

But you have full access (right to edit/push) for the ReaTeam repo I assume ?
Then you could still do as I described.

I also contributed to ReaTeam repo in the past and what I did (because I don't have push rights for it) was clone it to a local repo, add my stuff locally and create a pull request, which worked fine.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:16 PM   #277
groover 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
If you want all the scripts, you can download them from the github repository here:
https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScripts

Download it and put it on a USB stick. Then you would at least have a searchable, neatly placed collection of scripts on your machine.
Thanks, will do.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #278
cfillion

@Lokasenna
The ReaTeam repos are just normal git repositories in addition from being ReaPack repositories. Any good git client will do the job, with or without direct write access to the repo.
(Without direct access, changes are checked before being published.)

It's possible to upload files from GitHub's web interface, but unfortunately it's very limited compared to editing files.

@groover 101 I see, I'll try to make the description clearer (English is not my native tongue).

Last edited by cfillion; 12-26-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:15 AM   #279
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by that. What benefit would that "offline mode" feature have over just exporting the resources in a .ReaperConfigZip?
I tried to explain a functionality ReaPack might offer to actively lead inexperienced users through the process of downloading stuff on another PC and importing same in their Music PC in an as easy way as possible - needing to use as little external tools as possible. Hence maybe a "ReaPackLoader" executable to be run on the Internet enabled PC (with Reaper not installed there), communicating with ReaPack by transporting propriety Files to and fro. But of course other implementation variants might be (more) viable.

-Michael
Old 12-31-2016, 12:57 PM   #280
Masonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I tried to explain a functionality ReaPack might offer to actively lead inexperienced users through the process of downloading stuff on another PC and importing same in their Music PC in an as easy way as possible - needing to use as little external tools as possible. Hence maybe a "ReaPackLoader" executable to be run on the Internet enabled PC (with Reaper not installed there), communicating with ReaPack by transporting propriety Files to and fro. But of course other implementation variants might be (more) viable.

-Michael
Basically, I just came to ask this very same question. How can I use ReaPack to grab all latest scripts/extensions and install them on my offline computer as a single file? I also want to know if there any actions/extensions that can allow me to connect Reaper to more than just two external editors (sorry for repeating myself).
What is the simplest way of doing it?

Thank you
Masonic is offline   Reply With Quote