Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #1
OpIvy
Human being with feelings

Default NOOoooo! Getting Reaper back after moving to Windows 10

I just went from Windows 7 to 10 doing a totally fresh install. In the past when reinstalling W7, I simply copied the AppData/Roaming/REAPER folder and pasted it over the newly created folder when I installed Reaper again.

This time, I exported the config beforehand (with everything ticked) as well as copied the folder as a backup in case. I can install Reaper and do a first run with everything at defualt but once I import the config file (or use the old method copy/ paste the folder), I get a Runtime error and have to ctl-alt-del out. There is also a pop up.."Registry error: Please ensure this product has been installed properly", which I think is referring to Amplitube 3 trying to load. Unfortunately for me, I no longer have the Amplitube 3 files.

How can I exclude Amplitube 3 from loading to check if this is the problem?
I'm starting to shit myself that I can't get things back to how they were.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:56 PM   #2
Fergler

Try moving reaper.ini out of the folder and launching again. If not that config file, some of the other ones. You should be able to find which one it is then search it for references to amplitube and delete.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:05 PM   #3
OpIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
Try moving reaper.ini out of the folder and launching again. If not that config file, some of the other ones. You should be able to find which one it is then search it for references to amplitube and delete.
Couldn't find any reference to amplitube in there, but I did delete references to projects that may have amplitube associated with them and that seemed to get me in without crashing.

I also installed the free version of AT3 and now it doesn't crap out when I try to load it. That's only temporary though because its a trial period.
I rarely use AT3 anymore but more concerned about the 100+ projects that I previously used it on.

Of bigger concern now is Addictive Drums that I'm pretty sure I installed to the same place as before but it won't load into any projects. I use this all the time!