Old 09-01-2023, 02:17 AM   #1
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Default Default 7.0 Theme Adjuster v.0901

Be running Reaper v7.0pre15.

Installing & Running the script

Reset settings from previous versions
Parameter descriptions will no longer tally up with those from older versions of the script. Changes you make in the theme adjuster are stored in your 'reaper.themeconfig.ini' file, find that using Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder. Open it in a text editor, find the section [Default_7.0] and delete all its entries, and when you reset the theme you'll back to the default Theme Adjuster settings.

DOWNLOAD

- Choose Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder. Extract content of the zip (the 'Default_7.0_theme_adjuster.lua' file AND the 'Default_7.0_theme_adjuster resources' folder) into the 'scripts' folder there.

- Choose Actions > Show action list. In the bottom right choose New action > Load ReaScript. Choose Default_7.0_theme_adjuster.lua and click Open.

- In the actions list you'll now see Script: Default_7.0_theme_adjuster.lua. Choose it and click Run, or (while using the theme) go to Options > Themes > Theme Adjuster / Color Controls.

Changelog
  • Debug section added to global, please screenshot it and post (with any additional OS info you have) so I can see what nonsense the text sizes are getting up to.
  • Tcp visflags for labels and meter labels, removed now redundant 'verbose tcp' control.
  • 'Reset all color controls' updates related faders
  • 'Selection invert labels' is now an option, also affects envelope labels
  • Fixed error when setting manual background colour.
  • Prevent knob mousewheel from going out of range.
  • Knob and fader drag distance is not affected by HiDPI scaling.
  • Background opacity of empty TCP extmixer sections fixed.

Old 09-01-2023, 02:42 AM   #2
FeedTheCat
Human being with feelings

Old 09-01-2023, 06:49 AM   #3
bolgwrad

Liking the new layout very much, though on Win32 the central color control sliders are unusably laggy (text entry works and the text, custom color and selection sliders are OK).
Old 09-02-2023, 10:00 AM   #4
PhelixK

Probably some of the same things as already mentioned. In addition, there's overlap from the embedding when displayed in the lower section e.g. B) layout, and blank panels continue to appear at several element/axis distance settings.

@100%:

@200%,
Same as above, and here on Retina, the folder balancer isn't really in place. When set as 3 (aligned), the left margin does not behave as it probably should and as with standard res. Balancer setting 2 (extend name) seems to be fixed.

– everything reset, only using the generic adjuster : )
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 07:52 PM   #5
Bruceqld

Trying V7 for the first time. Just to be sure I am not missing something, there is currently no way to adjust the folder indent on the TCP or MCP?
Bruceqld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 08:55 PM   #6
eungang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceqld View Post
Trying V7 for the first time. Just to be sure I am not missing something, there is currently no way to adjust the folder indent on the TCP or MCP?

eungang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 09:46 PM   #7
Bruceqld

Thanks eungang!
Bruceqld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 07:32 AM   #8
musicbynumbers

I know you said you didn't think it was worth the space but I can't be the only one who would prefer the clarity of the the 1st image here rather then the 2nd?

I can see why for laptops you wouldn't want it but I find it so much clearer at a glance at what I'm looking at.

Maybe it's just me though? I thought it was worth one last try to hopefully persuade you that it's an important visual quality of life option to have

if it's not possible though then I'll open up a feature request to get Justin/Schwa to add it at some point. no worries.

Envelopes indented (like folders)

normal with no indents
Old 09-04-2023, 11:53 AM   #9
norbury brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
I know you said you didn't think it was worth the space but I can't be the only one who would prefer the clarity of the the 1st image here rather then the 2nd?

I can see why for laptops you wouldn't want it but I find it so much clearer at a glance at what I'm looking at.

Maybe it's just me though? I thought it was worth one last try to hopefully persuade you that it's an important visual quality of life option to have

if it's not possible though then I'll open up a feature request to get Justin/Schwa to add it at some point. no worries.
I prefer envelopes without the folder type idents as it confuses things, as IMHO ONLY folders should be idented.

Just another view to muddy the waters.

M
Old 09-04-2023, 05:44 PM   #10
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
I prefer envelopes without the folder type idents as it confuses things, as IMHO ONLY folders should be idented.

Just another view to muddy the waters.

M
Fair enough. Although surely options is the Reaper way

Maybe it would need something else instead then as for me, at a quick glance when I'm scrolling, I find it hard to pick up them being envelopes as easily as I'd like to

Maybe there is another way to make them more obvious.. I'll mess around with settings, colours etc.

Still.. I do like the idea of having indents as an option.

Maybe the way Cubase seems to do them which is half way?

Logic is not that clear either though..

Pro tools indents at least too and is quite clear what it is

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 09-04-2023 at 05:51 PM.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 02:01 AM   #11
souk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
'Selection invert labels' is now an option, also affects envelope labels
Amazing thanks a lot

I don't know if you have seen these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by souk21 View Post
Transport gets cropped when the right docker is opened:
Quote:
Originally Posted by souk21 View Post

Master fader disappears when TCP is too small

I get that the Mono button wants to "flow" on the next line and push the fader down, but we end up in a situation with none of them, when there would obviously still be enough space for the fader.

For me the master fader is the most used element in the master TCP, so it would make sense to have it always visible.

I think the behavior of v6 is better here; the fader seems anchored to the bottom of the track and is always visible
souk21 is offline   Reply With Quote