Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-14-2019, 01:22 AM   #241
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejnel View Post
Does DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper work with portable installation of Reaper? There is no AppData folder for portable Reaper.

I tried to copy the files into <Disk letter>:\<A folder>\REAPER_portable\UserPlugins\ but it does not show up in Control Surfaces options.

I use 32bit portable Reaper.
For the portable installation just drop the files into the "Plugins" folder of your portable installation but you need a 64bit version of Reaper.
I guess I should add that to the documentation.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #242
Kejnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
For the portable installation just drop the files into the "Plugins" folder of your portable installation but you need a 64bit version of Reaper.
I guess I should add that to the documentation.
Ah, I understand. Thank you!
Kejnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #243
azslow3

Is there any text/video which describes exact functionality of NKS keyboards with this extension in REAPER?

I do not have such keyboard but it provides accessible control for NKS plug-ins and so it is interesting for corresponding community.
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:00 AM   #244
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by azslow3 View Post
Is there any text/video which describes exact functionality of NKS keyboards with this extension in REAPER?

I do not have such keyboard but it provides accessible control for NKS plug-ins and so it is interesting for corresponding community.
The features (and limittions) are the same as with Bitwig, so you can watch my Bitwig videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qAUX4rThFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ITpKDPCVk
Old Yesterday, 04:30 AM   #245
azslow3

Thanks! So MK1 is working directly throw your extension and MK2 throw NI service. Do you already have A-series or know if it is going to work throw NI service as MK2 or more like MK1?

I will try to explain. RWP community can not use lights and monitors. But NI has implemented accessibility in the service and it works with S. They will implement it for A, but it is not there jet. Some people are thinking what to buy.
On one side, S gives accessibility already now and MK2 gives it (if understood that correctly) for the DAW section as well, independent from the reaper extension which transfer the information (your extension is obviously not speaking, as all other surface extensions at the moment). The disadvantages is that MK2 has useless (for RWP) monitors and LEDs and as you say in the video does not support not NKS integrated plug-ins.
On the other side is A, which does not have useless components, lighter and cheaper. If it is working as S MK1, it will not have accessible DAW controls out of the box but has potential for overall accessible extension. In case it works as S MK2, it will have all advantages/disadvantages of current MK2 implementation.
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM   #246
moss

Quote:
Do you already have A-series or know if it is going to work throw NI service as MK2 or more like MK1?
I do not have one but might get one in the near future. NIs strategy is to use their host service.

Quote:
I will try to explain. RWP community can not use lights and monitors. But NI has implemented accessibility in the service and it works with S. They will implement it for A, but it is not there jet. Some people are thinking what to buy.
As usual: if a feature is essential to you buy ONLY when it is really available!

Quote:
... and as you say in the video does not support not NKS integrated plug-ins.
For the MkII that is no longer true since the last update of Komplete Kontrol. It sends the necessary information now to Reaper and Bitwig as well. But you still cannot control any of the native or VST plugins. However, there is a workaround if you use the MIDI mode via Generic Flexi to map the device remote controls.
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #247
machinesworking

Documenting the experience with the new version 5 of DBM4R on both OSX devices here.
On the desktop, loaded with MIDI devices and controller drivers etc. stuck in OS 10.12.5 due to a third party MSATA driver etc. I'm still not seeing anything but the Push splash screen, the rest of the kobs and buttons are responsive though, everything works but the screen.

The current Logging in the controller configuration window,
Quote:
Loading device INI files from /Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER ...
/Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-fxfolders.ini not present, skipped loading.
Starting controller 'Ableton Push 2 - 11.03'
Unable to claim interface.
org.usb4java.LibUsbException: USB error 99: Other error
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.usb.UsbDeviceImpl. getEndpoint(UsbDeviceImpl.java:173)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.controller.PushUsbD isplay.<init>(PushUsbDisplay.java:67)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.controller.PushDisp lay.<init>(PushDisplay.java:107)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createDisplay(PushControllerSetup.java:236)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createSurface(PushControllerSetup.java:229)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractContro llerSetup.init(AbstractControllerSetup.java:107)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.AbstractControlle rInstance.lambda$start$1(AbstractControllerInstanc e.java:123)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.ui.utils.SafeRunLater.lambda $execute$0(SafeRunLater.java:37)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessI mpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Initialized.
Checking to see if anything changes if I unplug everything but Push 2......
So with only a Logitech bluetooth USB mouse and Push 2 plugged in, it's exactly the same.

Checking on the 2012 Macbook Pro running OSX Mojave it's working albeit with caveats, because of Apple's over aggressive security probably...
Reascript error pops up upon start of Reaper with this:
Quote:
Can't load file:

/Users/machinesmoblie/Documents/REAPER Media/DrivenByMoss4Reaper-2.0/eel/DrivenByMoss-Main.eel
So it has to be initially selected in the controller preferences and seems to work upon restart, but that dialogue still comes up when you open Reaper. The same if you shut down completely. You don't have to reconfigure the control script though.

So a non programmers guess is that there's something with OS 10.12.5 + your wonderful softwarepast version 3.31, because even with funky warnings Mojave is acting much better, and I should at least update this computer to High Sierra.
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41 AM   #248
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
Documenting the experience with the new version 5 of DBM4R on both OSX devices here.
On the desktop, loaded with MIDI devices and controller drivers etc. stuck in OS 10.12.5 due to a third party MSATA driver etc. I'm still not seeing anything but the Push splash screen, the rest of the kobs and buttons are responsive though, everything works but the screen.

The current Logging in the controller configuration window,

Checking to see if anything changes if I unplug everything but Push 2......
So with only a Logitech bluetooth USB mouse and Push 2 plugged in, it's exactly the same.

Checking on the 2012 Macbook Pro running OSX Mojave it's working albeit with caveats, because of Apple's over aggressive security probably...
Reascript error pops up upon start of Reaper with this:
You did not uninstall Version 2.0 correctly (which used this script). See the Version 3.0 introduction video from minute 2:00 I explain how to uninstall V2.0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrASqhFvvQ

I am not sure if I followed your explanations above: you are saying it works now on one Mac but not on the other (with the above error)?