Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2019, 08:27 AM   #1
Omicron9
Human being with feelings

Default Lack of customization in the mixer window?

Greetings.

I post this on behalf of a close friend who is a known mix/mastering engineer near London. He's recently joined the forum and can log in, but for some unknown reason cannot post; only read. The following is from an email I share here with his permission. His main tools are Logic and ProTools; however, he has just started exploring Reaper. He asks the following, and I thank you on his behalf for any help and insights that you can provide. I've only migrated to Reaper from Logic a few months ago, so I'm of limited help to him; hence my posting here.

His email begins here:==============

One other thing which is holding me back from moving to Reaper is the seeming lack of ability to customise the mixer window. In Logic and Protools almost all elements of the mixer can be hidden or shown, by right clicking. This doesn't seem possible in Reaper unless you want to edit a text file for the default theme. Other themes don't appear to be easily editable in this way. The colour contrast on the default theme is not strong enough for me to work with (eg plugin names and send are too hard to see at a distance and the send knobs are too small to see at a glance).

There are other themes which have better contrast (like the Logic and White Face themes) but I they also use up a lot of needed screen realestate with things on the mixer that I just don't use and are missing things which are useful to me (like showing groups and pre/post fader send status).

Is there a way to show and hide (and hopefully re-order) elements in the mixer other than the preset layouts put in by the theme designer?

Many thanks,