Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae.Thomas View Post
hmm on what date did 6.21 come out?
January 23, 2021
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:18 AM   #443
BryanChi
Human being with feelings

Please keep updating this script!! 😭😭 This is way better than the native implementation!! With the latest version (6.38) the dry/wet knob is not working properly now...
BryanChi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:51 AM   #444
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanChi View Post
Please keep updating this script!! 😭😭 This is way better than the native implementation!! With the latest version (6.38) the dry/wet knob is not working properly now...
It is not going to be updated, afaiu. There is the MFXlist that implements the FX part of this script (but not the send part (yet)).
Old 11-19-2021, 07:41 AM   #445
Madeonfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
– works fine here on macOS10.14&15 | Reaper 6.23

The default data path has changed. If you haven’t already, I suggest to remove old installation files, then completely re-install latest (last?) version.
*Save a backup of dopp.ini and favorites.txt. After first run, replace with backups in the new location, which should be here:

Link is dead,i am very sad because while fresh installing reaper i delete this..Can you help me and upload this file for me ? Thanks PhelixK
Madeonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #446
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeonfan View Post
Link is dead,i am very sad because while fresh installing reaper i delete this..Can you help me and upload this file for me ? Thanks PhelixK
Hey, check your PM

Last edited by PhelixK; 11-20-2021 at 12:45 AM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:36 AM   #447
volvagia

I'm looking for something that will allow me to see gain reduction from plugins right from the mixer window. Like other daws such as Pro Tools and Studio one can do. Can this script do that? If so, how would I go about installing and using it?
volvagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:54 PM   #448
Infrabass

Hi everyone,

Not sure I'm capable of but I'm pretty determined.
I would like to recreate a simple version of this script because it's not working anymore (at least on M1 macs)

List of features I would like to implement:

- fx list panel
- send/receive list in toggling panel next to fx list panel
- bypass, offline, move, copy, cut, delete, rename
- original mark system for powerful bypass (ideal of A/B comparison), move, copy, cut, delete
- different colors for instrument, JS effect, non-JS effects
- mix knob (not sure I'm gonna be able to do this)
- scroll in fx list per track to see fx not visible (not sure I'm gonna be able to do this neither)
- i will probably add a few handy infos in the header or footer (like project framerate, master playrate value in semitones, current context → track, item or envelope, etc)

I know Fabian already made an alternative version and its gonna helps me a lot but I was wondering if anyone could send me the lua version of doppelganger script? (which dates back to the time when the script was delivered in this format)

It would also be helpful!

It's gonna probably take me a while to make it so don't be too impatient if like me you can't really tolerate losing the amazing fxlist script!
Infrabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:16 AM   #449
Infrabass

I also wonder if I could use ImGui to build it (that would require I dive into it though).

Do you think it's a good idea, regarding performance, ease of building, time required to learn ImGui?
Infrabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:04 PM   #450
leman

Default working version of dopp's fx list

Hi, everyone!

Now I'm on intel based mac with macos Mojave 10.14.6 and reaper 6.44 installed. I have early version of dopp's fx list working as usual (.dylib file placed in ...Library/Application Support/Reaper/UserPlugins). In this version there is no dry/wet knobs available.

Despite the other options of fx-list in TCP is present I still prefer to use this one (even outdated).

If anybody is interested in this script, here is my reaper_dopp.dylib file. I mean it is NOT file I wrote, but some of old version of script that dopp created. The newer versions of script seems to cause reaper (from ver 6.14 I think) to crash.
Attached Files
File Type: zip reaper_dopp.dylib.zip (341.0 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by leman; 01-08-2022 at 03:50 PM.
leman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:03 PM   #451
Delucci

I just wanted to say that I really miss this script.
Delucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:19 AM   #452
Joe90

I came here searching for a reason why DOPP's very useful "Set all items and takes color to track color" script was suddenly not working, and I guess I know why.

This thread is a cautionary tale for those of us relying heavily on third party scripts to augment our REAPER install, which I imagine is a LOT of us.

I suppose if one of the scripts we rely on becomes obsolete (planned or not) we always have the option to just not update REAPER and stick with an old version that's compatible with the script we need, but that's far from ideal.

Something like the script I came searching for info on is probably quite simple to recreate, but something like FXlist is not.

Interestingly I installed FXlist when DOPP first released it, assigned it to a hotkey, then rarely used it. I just checked and it's working fine. I'm on 6.50+dev304.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:33 AM   #453
vitalker

It's just because the developer made it not working for newer versions. If it wasn't C++-based extension, but a script, you could change whatever you want.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:58 AM   #454
doppelganger

@Joey90,
I looked into plugin, looks like i removed "Set all items and takes color to track color" action at some point, because i did not use it.
Not sure i have a source somewhere to upload it, you can ask someone here on the forum, who has a free time, it is very easy to make such script in lua.
Wet/dry knob is not working for sure, because of changes in reaper in some version, but overall plugin should still be ok, i believe.
I was dissapointed in this community and decisions made by reaper devs and decided i do not want to waste my time doing anything for this community anymore. You want to antagonize me for this, fine, i do not mind, more than 1 year later i see it was a positive change for me.
Besides, i did not leave you with nothing, my script still works, reaper devs made native fxlist, other people on forum teared script apart and made their own, so i see no problem at all, there are alternatives for any taste.
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 10:06 AM   #455
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
@Joey90,
I looked into plugin, looks like i removed "Set all items and takes color to track color" action at some point, because i did not use it.
Not sure i have a source somewhere to upload it, you can ask someone here on the forum, who has a free time, it is very easy to make such script in lua.
That was my next plan. Thanks. I expect I can even do it with a custom action of existing scripts.

Quote:
@Joey90,
I was dissapointed in this community and decisions made by reaper devs and decided i do not want to waste my time doing anything for this community anymore. You want to antagonize me for this, fine, i do not mind, more than 1 year later i see it was a positive change for me.
Besides, i did not leave you with nothing, my script still works, reaper devs made native fxlist, other people on forum teared script apart and made their own, so i see no problem at all, there are alternatives for any taste.
Fair enough. I wasn't trying to imply you did anything wrong. You made a script that was helpful to me and I appreciate that. You are under no obligation to update it every time it breaks with a new REAPER update, especially if you're not using it. I'm just disappointed to see another good coder withdrawing from the community.
Old 03-08-2022, 12:39 PM   #456
doppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
That was my next plan. Thanks. I expect I can even do it with a custom action of existing scripts.
Hey, have found some script, maybe it will do:

Code:
--  set all items and takes color of selected tracks to track color
reaper.Undo_BeginBlock2(0)
local trc = reaper.CountSelectedTracks(0)
for tr=0, trc-1 do
    local track = reaper.GetSelectedTrack(0, tr)
    if track then
        local track_color = reaper.GetTrackColor(track)
        local itemc = reaper.CountTrackMediaItems(track)
        for it=0, itemc-1 do
            local item = reaper.GetTrackMediaItem(track, it)
            if item then
                if track_color and track_color ~= 0 then
                    reaper.SetMediaItemInfo_Value(item, "I_CUSTOMCOLOR", track_color)
                    local takec = reaper.CountTakes(item)
                    for tk=0, takec-1 do
                        local take = reaper.GetMediaItemTake(item, tk)
                        if take then reaper.SetMediaItemTakeInfo_Value(take, "I_CUSTOMCOLOR", track_color) end
                    end
                else
                    local is_item_sel = reaper.IsMediaItemSelected(item)
                    reaper.SetMediaItemSelected(item, true)
                    reaper.Main_OnCommandEx(40707, 0, 0) -- Item: Set to default color
                    reaper.Main_OnCommandEx(41337, 0, 0) -- Take: Set all takes of selected items to default color
                    if not is_item_sel then reaper.SetMediaItemSelected(item, false) end
                end
            end
        end
    end
end
reaper.UpdateArrange()
reaper.Undo_EndBlock2(0, "Set all items and takes color to track color", 0)
Old 03-08-2022, 05:10 PM   #457
Joe90

Quote:
Hey, have found some script, maybe it will do:

Code:
--  set all items and takes color of selected tracks to track color
reaper.Undo_BeginBlock2(0)
local trc = reaper.CountSelectedTracks(0)
for tr=0, trc-1 do
    local track = reaper.GetSelectedTrack(0, tr)
    if track then
        local track_color = reaper.GetTrackColor(track)
        local itemc = reaper.CountTrackMediaItems(track)
        for it=0, itemc-1 do
            local item = reaper.GetTrackMediaItem(track, it)
            if item then
                if track_color and track_color ~= 0 then
                    reaper.SetMediaItemInfo_Value(item, "I_CUSTOMCOLOR", track_color)
                    local takec = reaper.CountTakes(item)
                    for tk=0, takec-1 do
                        local take = reaper.GetMediaItemTake(item, tk)
                        if take then reaper.SetMediaItemTakeInfo_Value(take, "I_CUSTOMCOLOR", track_color) end
                    end
                else
                    local is_item_sel = reaper.IsMediaItemSelected(item)
                    reaper.SetMediaItemSelected(item, true)
                    reaper.Main_OnCommandEx(40707, 0, 0) -- Item: Set to default color
                    reaper.Main_OnCommandEx(41337, 0, 0) -- Take: Set all takes of selected items to default color
                    if not is_item_sel then reaper.SetMediaItemSelected(item, false) end
                end
            end
        end
    end
end
reaper.UpdateArrange()
reaper.Undo_EndBlock2(0, "Set all items and takes color to track color", 0)
Amazing. Thanks dopp!
Old 03-13-2022, 02:09 AM   #458
BryanChi

Have you tried using Rosetta? Seems like if I open it with Rosetta it will work, same as many other scripts, they don't work if you don't open Reaper with rosetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrabass View Post
Hi everyone,

Not sure I'm capable of but I'm pretty determined.
I would like to recreate a simple version of this script because it's not working anymore (at least on M1 macs)

List of features I would like to implement:

- fx list panel
- send/receive list in toggling panel next to fx list panel
- bypass, offline, move, copy, cut, delete, rename
- original mark system for powerful bypass (ideal of A/B comparison), move, copy, cut, delete
- different colors for instrument, JS effect, non-JS effects
- mix knob (not sure I'm gonna be able to do this)
- scroll in fx list per track to see fx not visible (not sure I'm gonna be able to do this neither)
- i will probably add a few handy infos in the header or footer (like project framerate, master playrate value in semitones, current context → track, item or envelope, etc)

I know Fabian already made an alternative version and its gonna helps me a lot but I was wondering if anyone could send me the lua version of doppelganger script? (which dates back to the time when the script was delivered in this format)

It would also be helpful!

It's gonna probably take me a while to make it so don't be too impatient if like me you can't really tolerate losing the amazing fxlist script!
BryanChi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:49 AM   #459
Eraz

Quote:
This script is obsolete and replaced with native feature.
Hey Dopp, first of all thank you for your contribution to all of us here.
I have just one question: if this script is obsolete and you don't have any intention to put time into this anymore, would you mind sharing the code with the community? Imho this FXlist is still the most complete and best solution, it would be a pity if it stopped working one day, and we could do nothing about that...
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 06:20 PM   #460
MikeKravets

Default :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraz View Post
Hey Dopp, first of all thank you for your contribution to all of us here.
I have just one question: if this script is obsolete and you don't have any intention to put time into this anymore, would you mind sharing the code with the community? Imho this FXlist is still the most complete and best solution, it would be a pity if it stopped working one day, and we could do nothing about that...
And here is the case - fresh licenced Windows Pro 10 x64, all updates, brand new assembled machine. Reaper can't see any of DOPP scripts(Basically, it can not see .dll file in user plugins folder) ...
On my older machine, on my laptop, on computer's of my friends everything is excellent. I'm using "fx_list" script all the time, and assembling PC for our main studio. I don't want to say goodbye to this useful option. Any thoughts ?
MikeKravets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 12:46 AM   #461
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKravets View Post
And here is the case - fresh licenced Windows Pro 10 x64, all updates, brand new assembled machine. Reaper can't see any of DOPP scripts(Basically, it can not see .dll file in user plugins folder) ...
On my older machine, on my laptop, on computer's of my friends everything is excellent. I'm using "fx_list" script all the time, and assembling PC for our main studio. I don't want to say goodbye to this useful option. Any thoughts ?
If you check previous posts, you'd see the developer made it not work on Reaper 6.21+. You can try this script: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=248411
Old 09-18-2022, 06:20 AM   #462
MikeKravets

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
If you check previous posts, you'd see the developer made it not work on Reaper 6.21+. You can try this script: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=248411
But I'm using it even now, perfectly on an bunch of different machines, this is first time I can see this strange behaviour.
Yes, there is no chance, that developer would be ready to help me.
I've been trying Fabian script since he released it, didn't like it. Maybe now it's more comfortable to work with. Thank you for reminding
Attached Images
File Type: png example.png (57.2 KB, 103 views)
Old 09-18-2022, 06:25 AM   #463
vitalker

Quote:
But I'm using it even now, perfectly on an bunch of different machines, this is first time I can see this strange behaviour.
Yes, there is no chance, that developer would be ready to help me.
I've been trying Fabian script since he released it, didn't like it. Maybe now it's more comfortable to work with. Thank you for reminding
What do you mean Reaper can't see scripts? Did you install Reaper again? If so, you should import scripts through Actions window.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:14 AM   #464
MikeKravets

Quote:
What do you mean Reaper can't see scripts? Did you install Reaper again? If so, you should import scripts through Actions window.
All DOPP scripts is visible, when you add "reaper_dopp.dll" to the user plugins folder. Exclude it from that place - and no DOPP scripts in actions. I have no DOPP scripts in Scripts folder.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:18 AM   #465
MisterGTR

Quote:
I'm still using DOPPs FXList. It's the best customisation for my install. I'm running 6.67.

If I had to pay for it, I would. It works so much better than the native implementation.

Even the symbols on the sends to show pre, post etc is something that you can't get natively.

I just want to thank Doppelganger for his great script.
MisterGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:26 AM   #466
MikeKravets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGTR View Post
I'm still using DOPPs FXList. It's the best customisation for my install. I'm running 6.67.

If I had to pay for it, I would. It works so much better than the native implementation.

Even the symbols on the sends to show pre, post etc is something that you can't get natively.

I just want to thank Doppelganger for his great script.
100% True Ready to pay for script itself, as well as for support in current case. Hopefully, this issue in new PC is fixable by myself, question of time.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:59 AM   #467
MikeKravets

Default :)

Quote:
Update - I begun to install my usual plugins and soft, and DOPP scripts start to work. So probably some of C++ Redisributables has been absend.
Now, if you'll stuck on it, here is where to dig in
Old 09-18-2022, 11:56 AM   #468
Fabian

I think Justin in some earlier post indicated that they could implement so Reaper lies to fxlist when it asks what version of Reaper is running. The fxlist code apparently has a check for a hard-coded version number. Maybe this is what made fxlist work again. Maybe...
Old 02-12-2023, 02:14 AM   #469
MisterGTR

Can someone please send me the files needed for this?

New machine - i have reaper_dopp.dylib file but i don't have dopp_fxList.lua or anything else i need.

Thanks in advance
MisterGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:11 PM   #470
WarrenG

I am running Win 10, Reaper 675+dev0211, Tb Audio dpmeter4
WINDOWS Redistributables are:
2005 32bit
2005 64bit
2008 32bit
2008 64bit
2010 32bit
2010 64bit
2012 32bit
2012 64bit
2013 32bit
2013 64bit
2015 32bit
2015 64bit
Only seems to work when docked.
The .dll still works perfect for me
I use MFXLIST from time to time but prefer the FXLIST .dll for its extra functionality.
Hope info helps others.
Warren

Last edited by WarrenG; 02-15-2023 at 08:03 AM.
WarrenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 04:15 AM   #471
BartR

I still sue the reaper_dopp.dll since the current implementation of columns separation (FX and Routing) in Reaper still trivial and it moves around when you shrink or enlarge the tracks. WHich is hateful. And I bet it will be never ever solved.

So your DLL is a must-have.

However just with the plugins by "Kilohearts", it makes Reaper crash.
How to get there:

Raper 7.06
Wind 11 Pro
Load the plugin.
Everything works fine till the moment I decide to get rid of the plugin. NOrmally ALT+Left-Click ... The plugin is unloaded, reaper freezes for a small while then it closes.

I get this issue only with them, for the time being.
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 02:35 AM   #472
erikmartinez

I don't understand why the author of such a cool extension is disappointed with the reaper community, but the script is very cool! I tried it now, everything works without problems (win 11, reaper 7.06). I really like the approach with which you made it, like customization of colors, fonts and stuff, mouse behavior and hotkeys, creating the send and in general the GUI is very cool. Just had some first praise thoughts about your extension that I thought I'd share. Thanks for your hard work!
erikmartinez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:45 AM   #473
doppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartR View Post
However just with the plugins by "Kilohearts", it makes Reaper crash.
Everything works fine till the moment I decide to get rid of the plugin. NOrmally ALT+Left-Click ... The plugin is unloaded, reaper freezes for a small while then it closes.
hi, installed their free plugins pack (vst2 and vst3) and reaper 7 for test,
checked on older and newer fxlist version, do not know, man, seems everything working:
https://imgur.com/a/T9e4BKW
https://stash.reaper.fm/47907/khs.gif

Last edited by doppelganger; 12-05-2023 at 12:26 AM. Reason: imgur.com is not showing the gif
Old 12-04-2023, 09:31 AM   #474
BartR

Quote:
hi, installed their free plugins pack (vst2 and vst3) and reaper 7 for test,
checked on older and newer fxlist version, do not know, man, seems everything working:
https://imgur.com/a/T9e4BKW
Thank you for the check.

Please here what's constantly happen only with these plugins:

To remove the plugin form the list, just ALT+LEFT CLICK ... after a small while: Reaper crashes.

NOT/ if I was in your choose I was not deprecating this script at all. Till the moment really Reaper supports separate and order columns as you did. At the moment into the 7.xx it's very far away form this. Your script is paramount.

Last edited by BartR; 12-04-2023 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-05-2023, 12:33 AM   #475
doppelganger

Quote:
To remove the plugin form the list, just ALT+LEFT CLICK ... after a small while: Reaper crashes.
Unfortunately cannot replicate this bug, no matter what i do - it does not crash.

Quote:
if I was in your choose I was not deprecating this script at all.
if it is deprecated, it does not mean that it is not working anymore, it worked without maintenance 2-3 years, now i patched it a bit and probably will work for years too.
Old 12-05-2023, 04:40 AM   #476
BartR

Quote:
Unfortunately cannot replicate this bug, no matter what i do - it does not crash.

if it is deprecated, it does not mean that it is not working anymore, it worked without maintenance 2-3 years, now i patched it a bit and probably will work for years too.
Ok so when I read you patched it I downloaded it again and replaced the .DLL I had early.
It works now. It doesn't crash any longer. Top!
Old 01-27-2024, 07:56 AM   #477
vallok

Is it impossible to make it work in mac native arm mode of reaper ?
(i'd be willing to pay to make it work in native arm mode)
One of the best scripts ever made
vallok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 04:15 AM   #478
grandfougue

Miracle It whork for me on v7 lol
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote