Old 05-13-2020, 07:47 AM   #401
Klangfarben
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
New script from ground up, no GUI, integrated into native UI.
ATM is about 300 lines of code and has 70% of functionality of the original script.

Old script is a giant mess and its not going to be supported anymore. This will come instead with all of the features of the original
Can't even tell you how excited I am about this. Also, way to keep the pressure on Justin and Schwa
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:51 AM   #402
musicbynumbers

Looks cool

I've been away from music that needed this for a while but getting back into it so will donate again for sure when it's out

Regarding it having to run all the time.

Does it have to or can we run it for a while, shut it off and then pick it up again within certain limitations? (like having to do a refresh or something?)

There's a few scripts now that run all the time that I'm always hesitant to keep active in case they start eating away at CPU or cause crashes. Some session I've got go into the hundred's of tracks.

I might just be over paranoid though!
Old 05-13-2020, 08:26 AM   #403
Sexan

Script has 2 save states:

Auto save - which stores current virtual track state (moved items, split, fade, delete, manipulating envelopes etc)

Data save per project - When you exit reaper or stop script virtual tracks data is stored in txt file in project directory

If you stop it and run it later you will lose any modifications you did and upon next script start it will load its data from file which will be older than current project state.

Script needs to run in BG because it needs to update data, which is impossible to do without defer or separate script that will track that data

Its basically SAME script as before, but much more CLEAN and AWESOME code (still around 350 lines) and cool name
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:45 PM   #404
musicbynumbers

Will give it a try when it's ready

I often work with other people on the same project but in different locations via Google drive (one at a time).

I'll try it out and see how it would work in those situations where the other people don't have the script active.

If it's easy to "commit" for say a track which then locks it down then that would be great.

Anyway, till I try it I'm not in a good position to know what I'm talking about so I'll do that first before trying to throw a spanner in the works so to speak

Looks very cool!
Old 05-14-2020, 12:41 AM   #405
Sexan

Well I can add manual store without defer (separate script), but there would need to be some indication (naming) what virtual track is currently active in project per track:

1. There would need to be some data stored/created initially
2. Track naming need to include Virtual number "SNARE - VT2", "VOCAL - VT6" etc
3. Script that will read track names and store to main data file to appropriate Virtual track data

or better:
Store Virtual tracks states in exstate so there is no need to change track names, exstate would store every track previously active virtual track:
Track 1 - 3
Track 5 - 8
Track 11 - 2
etc

So if one person is not working with the script he would work with last active Virtual track and store manually with separate script "Store Current Virtual tracks". Person that works with script then will have updated Virtual Data upon opening the main script

Last edited by Sexan; 05-14-2020 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #406
musicbynumbers

Maybe keep it simple for now and I'll try it out when you're ready

The main thing with it is that whatever the last track preset that reaper saves with is the one that other uses will see.

If that user then gives me back the project with that track edited and without saving via the script then it would be great if I see the edits they've made and your script maybe adds this edited version as a new preset?

That way the last version I did before sending it is saved and then their edits are saved too.

That would be ideal to me I think.

Not sure how possible that is without making large projects slow to load?

Basically, for me (and maybe others) to commit to using this as more than a temporary tool (which I'm hoping to), Ideally if in say 5 years I load up the projects without any scripts on a new PC then I'd see the last chosen tracks as the permanent ones reaper used.

A bonus would be that loading up your script again then gives me access to the other preset/options normally hidden away.

Hope that makes sense?
Old 05-14-2020, 10:27 PM   #407
allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Basically, for me (and maybe others) to commit to using this as more than a temporary tool (which I'm hoping to), Ideally if in say 5 years I load up the projects without any scripts on a new PC then I'd see the last chosen tracks as the permanent ones reaper used.

A bonus would be that loading up your script again then gives me access to the other preset/options normally hidden away.
That sounds like a simple and effective way of dealing with this to me.
allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:29 AM   #408
Sexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Maybe keep it simple for now and I'll try it out when you're ready

The main thing with it is that whatever the last track preset that reaper saves with is the one that other uses will see.

If that user then gives me back the project with that track edited and without saving via the script then it would be great if I see the edits they've made and your script maybe adds this edited version as a new preset?

That way the last version I did before sending it is saved and then their edits are saved too.

That would be ideal to me I think.

Not sure how possible that is without making large projects slow to load?

Hope that makes sense?
Well it currently works the way you described, when you open your project last selected virtual track is the permanent reaper track.
The only thing that is needed for this is a second script that you will need to execute when you are done with working with project so it stores that last track changes to script data
Old 05-15-2020, 01:38 PM   #409
musicbynumbers

Cool

That sounds great!
Old 05-17-2020, 02:51 PM   #410
David Carlyon

Tried it out for the first time. I can see the amazing potential. However i am getting tons of crashes. When i try to save, also it does not allow me to rename FX versions.
Any idea what i need to do?
David Carlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:40 PM   #411
grandfougue

Hello when I click in the script interface there is a slowness which makes it difficult to use can you help me please?
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:57 PM   #412
grandfougue

Quote:
I think the current UI for envelopes are good

You ask and I give :

pre 0.41 up - supports envelope versions on TRACKS only (no multiselection) Volume,Pan,Width ATM - Envelopes needs to be selected in order to save them)
Hello
It jaine me to ask that but would it be possible to get this old version of the script which was more useful to me in this version because more reactive but above all I don't need more than the objects and the envelopes? I would appreciate very much and thank you for this great work
Old 05-19-2020, 02:46 PM   #413
Klangfarben

Hey Sexan, would you ever consider adding an option for playlists for the tempo/meter map? I know that wasn't part of the original script but it is something that is sorely missed for those of us used to DAWs like Logic and Cubase where you can basically flip to a new tempo/meter map similar to a playlist.

It would also be a fantastic tool when doing things like conforming a cue to new picture so you could flip to a new tempo/meter playlist, check it against picture and then flip back again.

Thanks for the consideration and again, I'm thrilled you are re-writing the script!
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:20 PM   #414
Joe90

Great news Sexan!

Loved the old version but I had a number of issues with it, so I can't wait to try the updated version when it's ready. Seamless, reliable, auto-saving track versions are one of the last things I miss from Cubase.

Also, awesome news that A.S seems to be (maybe?) coming natively! I'd be very surprised if your work doesn't have some part to play in that. Even if they're not using any of your code (I can't speak to that) at the very least your work on AREA 51 has been pointing a bright light at the issue of A.S on this forum, and keeping it in discussion. Plus, with that thread you've done the boring job of figuring out exactly what it is that we as users want from A.S, so the Devs don't have to worry about that. Thank you!

Perhaps once you're done re-writing this one it'll help nudge the the Devs towards a native implementation of this script too Even if they don't, I'm sure your updated script will be great, and I look forward to trying it.

The problem with these genius scripts you write like Area51 or Track Versions is that they aren't simple macros for slightly speeding up a task, they are providing incredibly complex functionality that is normally coded in at the ground level in other DAW's (for good reason).

I can't imagine how difficult it is to tack these things on to an existing architecture as a third party programmer, especially without breaking anything!

Kudos.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #415
grandfougue

Sorry i have a issus with v2 can you help me ?

Error: Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:1403: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'track_items_table')

Stack traceback:
Core.lua:88: in metamethod '__len'
Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:1403: in function 'restoreTrackItems'
Sexan_Track_versions_gui.lua:363: in method 'onmouseup'
Core.lua:883: in field 'Update'
Core.lua:435: in field 'Main_Update_Elms'
Core.lua:302: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:298>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Core.lua:298: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:297>

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.12
Reaper:
6.10/x64
Platform:
Win64
Old 07-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #416
blumpy

I have the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfougue View Post
Sorry i have a issus with v2 can you help me ?

Error: Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:1403: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'track_items_table')

Stack traceback:
Core.lua:88: in metamethod '__len'
Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:1403: in function 'restoreTrackItems'
Sexan_Track_versions_gui.lua:363: in method 'onmouseup'
Core.lua:302: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:298>
Core.lua:298: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:297>

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.12
Reaper:
6.10/x64
Platform:
Win64
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #417
_TIP_

Hey Sexan, I hope all is well! Any updates on the development?
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #418
samirzer

sorry for noob question

I loved your script Sexan, but how to install on MAC, and what to setup with it etc ?
samirzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 12:49 PM   #419
grandfougue

Hello I can no longer chew the script it would have a known prolem please?
Old 09-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #420
todoublez

he's gone... XD
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #421
pcartwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
he's gone... XD
How do you know?
pcartwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:32 PM   #422
todoublez

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcartwright View Post
How do you know?
juss jokin...
but he's alrdy gone for awhile on this thread,
I guess he'll show up at X'mas?

really missing wrking with this Script T_T
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:15 AM   #423
David Carlyon

I still can't believe there is no native solution to this. It is the biggest let down for me. I hate editing audio on a track with many item layers. Messy and ineffective.
Is this likely to change? Or are reaper guys happy with the way it is?
Old 10-26-2020, 06:56 PM   #424
thermos

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
I still can't believe there is no native solution to this. It is the biggest let down for me. I hate editing audio on a track with many item layers. Messy and ineffective.
Is this likely to change? Or are reaper guys happy with the way it is?
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=243751
thermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #425
citizenkeith

Quote:
I still can't believe there is no native solution to this.

Feature request:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=202094
citizenkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #426
_TIP_

I really hope that Sexan will become Santa this year and surprise us with an update :-) Happy holidays everyone!!!
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:51 PM   #427
laroma

Just found this, and haven't read the thread. Is this available anymore? Can't find it.

Edit: Ah, I needed to add the repository

Last edited by laroma; 02-01-2021 at 12:38 PM.
laroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:28 AM   #428
zookthespook

when do we get to see this on Reapak !
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #429
David Carlyon

This is the problem with reaper scripts in general. I loved radial menu by Lokasenna, but unfortunately, he is no longer developing his scripts.
I really wish reaper would incorporate this stuff into the program...it would be so much smoother!!
Old 03-10-2021, 01:21 AM   #430
vitalker

Quote:
I really wish reaper would incorporate this stuff into the program...it would be so much smoother!!
The Cockos developers would need his permission then.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:16 AM   #431
BartR

This is gorgeous

Look just protect it from crashes (when no track is opened and you click con save, it crashes. Trap the error)

I would like to make a video about this

And yes, +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 to have it integrated in Reaper. As arranger, it makes my life much easier.
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:18 AM   #432
BartR

Quote:
This is the problem with reaper scripts in general. I loved radial menu by Lokasenna, but unfortunately, he is no longer developing his scripts.
Why not also the ReaLauncher? It's MAZING and I practically banned the original version of Reaper. I use ReaLauncher all the times.

So way more useful! Not only elegant but also really useful!
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:01 AM   #433
AZpercussion

Quote:
Yeah it will be over TCP, I did not yet changed it, it will be an icon.
It is defered script so it needs to run all the time. It needs to monitor what is on track, what changed etc for autosave to work.

It also works on envelopes, I've just captured items.

The general idea is this are virtual tracks, unlimited number of virtual tracks and it will follow that regarding future work and features
Looks AWESOME!!!
Just my thoughts:

Icon on TCP can constantly conflict with TCP elements, because they looks different in different themes. In arrange area there can be conflicts sometimes, but alpha 0,5 could smooth they.

And what about to make script pack, so users add shortcuts?
Actions like copy/move selected area or items to/from main playlist really need be fast.

Also I hope most actions will act on several selected tracks.

And as a polish implode/explode selected tracks to/from playlist.
For implode function the first selected track could use as destination.
It's easy to code, and superuseful.
AZpercussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:46 AM   #434
xappn

Is there a way to move between versions on multiple tracks at the same time?

Or rename versions simultaneously on multiple tracks?

Because you can create new versions of multiple tracks all at once, it makes me think those should be possible?

EDIT: For anyone who might stumble upon this post, I found a great alternative in HeDa's Track Inspector 2 VIP, and more specifically the recent "Versions" add-on for it.

Last edited by xappn; 01-25-2022 at 05:24 PM.
xappn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:43 AM   #435
Sexan

HYPE!!
Old 02-27-2022, 09:37 AM   #436
amagalma

Old 02-27-2022, 12:15 PM   #437
Sexan

This script now lives as

Virtual Tracks
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=263660

Script in this thread will no longer be supported
Old 03-23-2023, 05:13 AM   #438
GeneralMidi

Hi, I understand the script is no longer maintained, however I like it and was wondering if anyone could help me fix this error.

Code:
Error: Sexan_Track_versions_gui.lua:716: attempt to index a nil value (field 'groups')

Stack traceback:
	Core.lua:88: in metamethod '__index'
	Sexan_Track_versions_gui.lua:716: in method 'onmouseup'

Lokasenna_GUI:
	v2.16.12
Reaper:
	6.78/x64
Platform:
	Win64
GeneralMidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:26 AM   #439
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMidi View Post
Hi, I understand the script is no longer maintained, however I like it and was wondering if anyone could help me fix this error.
Looks like an issue with Lokasena GUI, maybe try to convert it to ReaImGui:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=272116
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 11:24 AM   #440
HighVoltage

Is there a good alternative to this?

It is extremely buggy here.
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote